PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict: Surprise Trades before the start of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yopats

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
With such a deep and talented and young team.. there has to be some though to trading some these players.

Give me your top 3 potential tradeable players.

1. Logan Ryan - SOOO much depth and talent at CB

2. Duron Harmon

3. Bryan Stork - Dave Andrews

Honorable Mention - Aaron Dobson / Clay Harbor /

What kind of compensation would you expect for these players?

We'd almost certainly be looking at low round/end of draft returns, unless a guy like Ryan somehow goes for a 5th. Highly doubtful that he'd bring anything higher. I suppose someone can argue that he'd bring a 4th, but I don't personally see it.

No one is trading anything for guys like Dobson or Harbor.

I agree with Harmon. He's very valuable but will get a big contract from somebody next year and with Jordan Richards progressing he could bring value in a trade. I don't think we could get a bag of socks for Dobson with one year left on his contract. Ryan is interesting. I think he's gone next year but this team always loses depth at corner and he may be worth keeping around then walking after the season.

I agree with Harmon. He's very valuable but will get a big contract from somebody next year and with Jordan Richards progressing he could bring value in a trade. I don't think we could get a bag of socks for Dobson with one year left on his contract. Ryan is interesting. I think he's gone next year but this team always loses depth at corner and he may be worth keeping around then walking after the season.

I don't think Harmon and Richards are the same player.

I'd hesitate to move Harmon. Losing him at the end of the year is not enough for me to want him gone. He is making reasonable dollars, he knows where to be, he makes key INTs. I would be more than happy to risk the one year and done to feel safe about having competent depth.

With such a deep and talented and young team.. there has to be some though to trading some these players.

Give me your top 3 potential tradeable players.

1. Logan Ryan - SOOO much depth and talent at CB

2. Duron Harmon

3. Bryan Stork - Dave Andrews

Honorable Mention - Aaron Dobson / Clay Harbor /
Trading Ryan is a major roll of the dice.

Other than Malcolm there is no one at CB who has even shown any consistent ability to cover man on the outside.

We need a solid star OLman, at least one guy who can live on an Island and allow us to scheme the rest.

Logan Ryan and Garappolo would seem to be our only chips. We need Garappolo for four games during which he has to show value. I wouldn't support the use of a draft pick .... at least right now. I want a Staley or a Kyle Long or similar. I just don't want to pay the chips for him, I definitely want to resign Harmon.

An OLman is about the only surprise I could foresee.

I'd take another look at Mankins in the alternative.

We need a solid star OLman, at least one guy who can live on an Island and allow us to scheme the rest.

Logan Ryan and Garappolo would seem to be our only chips. We need Garappolo for four games during which he has to show value. I wouldn't support the use of a draft pick .... at least right now. I want a Staley or a Kyle Long or similar. I just don't want to pay the chips for him, I definitely want to resign Harmon.

An OLman is about the only surprise I could foresee.

I'd take another look at Mankins in the alternative.
Mankins is retiring.

What kind of compensation would you expect for these players?

We'd almost certainly be looking at low round/end of draft returns, unless a guy like Ryan somehow goes for a 5th. Highly doubtful that he'd bring anything higher. I suppose someone can argue that he'd bring a 4th, but I don't personally see it.

No one is trading anything for guys like Dobson or Harbor.

I agree with pretty much everything you're saying, except Dobson actually does seem like the player who would get traded in August for either another team's version of Dobson (at any position) or a conditional 7th in 2020.

Mankins is retiring.

I know, maybe we can come up with more cash or maybe Mankins is a little itchy now and will listen to offers. I don't even know at what level he could play, assuming it's high, I'd make at least a phone call.

I agree with pretty much everything you're saying, except Dobson actually does seem like the player who would get traded in August for either another team's version of Dobson (at any position) or a conditional 7th in 2020.
Perhaps you're right about a conditional 7th or something, but we've also seen outright cuts like Easley and Meriweather, and both were not only 1st rounders, but actually contributed--unlike Aaron Dobson. What a shame.

Seems like forever ago where most here were giddy over our future WR corps of Dobson, Thompkins, and Boyce.

I know, maybe we can come up with more cash or maybe Mankins is a little itchy now and will listen to offers. I don't even know at what level he could play, assuming it's high, I'd make at least a phone call.
Get his ass back from the ranch, pronto. He can rustle up cattle and such when the season is over.

The reality is that we'd likely have no place for him anyway. Now, if he played tackle...

Can't hurt. I think he still lives in the area.

I'd like to see what the kids can do first - especially Thuney.

Having extra depth in the secondary is a great thing to have. Seems like secondary and o line is the place injuries hit the worst. I'm in no hurry to trade them away.

I'm gonna go wayyy out on limb and say none. ;)

We get Hoyer back, then trade him for a 2017 1st and 2nd.

We also re-sign Malett, then trade him for a 2017 1st, a 2018 1st, and a bag of balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes