PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread- We are on to the Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
and I was right. Most all of the games they won agains the cowboys, Brady was the QB. I never said Brady was the Qb from 96-2000. You said they beat the cowboys twice before brady, they didnt. They beat the cowboys once since 1996 without Brady being the QB. So as I said, its a bit different now. I would say since Brady beat them 5 out of the 6 times since 96, that him being the QB was probably a lot of the reason. He also beat them last year with Tampa. What was meant by it was the patriots were a slightly different team the last 20 years. I mean we never lost 3 straight home games either, but we did this year. Things are different now, and the game against the cowboys it will not matter how many times Brady beat them because Brady will not be here.

no, you’re changing the goal posts…take the L and move on

Last edited:
Pats open as 4 point underdogs at home. After barely squeaking by a historically bad team that sounds about right.

Can’t remember the last time we were consistent underdogs at home to good teams. Must have been 2000.

wow....you should have two pom poms and a short dress. 9-3? You think this team that had to get a phantom call on a roughing call will rattle off the next 6 wins? Jesus.
Halloween is coming up soon - thanks for the ideas. We should be undefeated right now.

The defense is bad, and Gilmore is not coming back to save it. McCourty should be retired. Judon has been great, Hightower is a ghost of his former self, Bentley can't play.

If Harris can't go next week, the Pats will have "Let's go Brandon" and a couple of rookies who fumble as RB.

Dallas is a good team, Dak can get flustered if you pressure him. But if the pats can't stop the run, none of that will matter.

The Pats have barely beaten two of the worst teams in the NFL, lets not think, this team is going anywhere.

Surprised Dallas is -3.5 and not -7 or -7.5. I could see this being a redux of last year's Niners game.

It is the NFL though, so anything can happen.

This team is a wagon. 1st in YPG & 2nd in PPG. It may be the most diverse offense since the 2012 pats with the ability to run & pass at a high level. The defense can be had though.

We’re not really going to do the pats have no chance schtick after they held Brady to his second worst game as a Buc right? They played like crap defensively vs. the Texans and I expect better on Sunday.

BB will need a tampa like gameplan. I could be wrong but I didn't see many exotic looks yesterday against the rookie QB until crunchtime . Collins sack play for example. Think BB was holding back alot yesterday but we can't really afford that much trying to dig ourselves out of a 1-3 hole.

This team is a wagon. 1st in YPG & 2nd in PPG. It may be the most diverse offense since the 2012 pats with the ability to run & pass at a high level. The defense can be had though.

We’re not really going to do the pats have no chance schtick after they held Brady to his second worst game as a Buc right? They played like crap defensively vs. the Texans and I expect better on Sunday.
I think that had a lot to do with Tom having a really bad game and AB dropped a lot of passes. I do think we played well defensively, but that game should have been blown open.

Dallas is the perfect opponent for us right now IMO. A good team who will probably go to the playoffs, maybe get a W, but not a favorite to go all the way.

Beating them, could be a good indication that hey, maybe this year won't suck too much.

Competing with them, hey, Houston game was rebound game after the Brady showdown. We won't do much this year, but at least we can hang with the big team

If we get spanked like we did against the Saints tho...

I think that had a lot to do with Tom having a really bad game and AB dropped a lot of passes. I do think we played well defensively, but that game should have been blown open.

Even if you give one AB bomb to the bucs & another dropped shorter route it was still a good defensive showing. Pats also gave a possession away with another RB fumble.

Brady was off though. Hopefully Dak is similar.

Don’t underestimate McCarthy’s ability to f#k things up. He’s due for a major meltdown.

Pats need to keep it close and wait for the inevitable McCarthy brain fart in the 4th.

Tom having a really bad game
So the guy that's had multiple 400 yard games and multiple 5 TD games this season just had a bad game and it was nothing the Pats did to make him have it? Got it..

Need a much better defensive effort than we saw against Houston. Hopefully that was a wake-up call (with the added benefit that they still got a win out of it).

Pats defense is now 14th in rushing yards allowed per game and 6th is yards per carry allowed. Defense is going to have be good at every level, because you need to play a contained rush against Dak or he'll run on you, so secondary is going to need to hold their ground a half to full second longer. McCourty had a stinker yesterday, but they weren't physical errors. I think the whole defense got caught up in the idea that Mills was going to throw up a bunch of free play INTs like Wilson did in week 2, and that led to mental errors. I think Devin can bounce back, and he'll have to because this is a tougher test now.

On offense, it's gotta be turnover free. Mac is looking more comfortable each week, and we're starting to see who his go to guys are now (mostly Henry and Meyers). They've shown in every game except the Saints game that they CAN move the ball. Just need to play clean and they'll be fine.

This year is a year of "firsts" for Mac. First touchdown pass against the Dolphins, first win against the Jets, first 4th qtr comeback against the Texans. Now he needs a win against a playoff caliber team. This is his chance to do it, but it'll take a team effort.

Beat Cowboys and then with the Jets on deck Pats can go to LA at 4-3. Not terrible and makes my 9-8 prediction very doable.

The entire line played the best it has all season. Granted the Texans might be the worst team in the league. I didn't see anything negative at RT so Cajuste must have done well against whatever minor-league player the Texans had on that side of their DLine. Still think Onwenu should play RT when he comes back.

Onwenu is a G

Beat Cowboys and then with the Jets on deck Pats can go to LA at 4-3. Not terrible and makes my 9-8 prediction very doable.
Thats kinda where my head is at.

I think we'll be able to move the ball on Dallas, we'll need to score TD's and not FG'S though. I am impressed with their offense, they should be undefeated. I think Bill will put a game plan together that will slow them down. We are better coached and if we are in a close game, hopefully that will be the difference. We can't fumble or turn the ball over though!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes