PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread- We are on to the Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we're winless at home so far, but for some reason the fact that the Pats are playing at home is reassuring. Despite how FUgly the team has looked, the next 7 games look winnable. 9-3 and we'll be looking good for the home stretch. Anybody want what I'm smokin' over here? Good stuff.
wow....you should have two pom poms and a short dress. 9-3? You think this team that had to get a phantom call on a roughing call will rattle off the next 6 wins? Jesus.

Sooner or later those screen passes are going to work in the red zone for McD. Maybe next week will be the week.
I thought screen passes are supposed to be kryptonite when teams are blitzing. It crosses my mind that if that's the case, it's not out of the question that there's some theorized prophylactic value. I mean, the super screen heavy series did come in a game when we're down the entire O-line. And before you say "but the backup O line played better," maybe some of that is the result of the strategy.

::shrug:: I'll let you smart guys figure it out. I just like when the pretty NE colors go across the gold line. What's that? Oh, I mean the goal line.

Damian Harris is a terrible football player and probably my least favorite player (from an on-field POV). I wish no injury upon him, but this team is a significantly better team with him as far away from the field as possible. Directly caused one loss already, and was almost responsible for another.

dumb take, welcome to my ignore list

twice... and only 5 times during the Brady era
Yeah but one of those twice was a loss....1996 they lost to the cowboys. Damn you do not remember much about the Patriots past. Thats why he said have not lost to the cowboys since 1996. They played the cowboys once without Brady.

Damian Harris ... this team is a significantly better team with him as far away from the field as possible. Directly caused one loss already, and was almost responsible for another.

regardless of the fumbling issue. he is our best running back by far

are they? i think the lions beg to differ
Lions almost won today. lol. Texans are at least pushing for that 1st overall pick, they are bad. Cant stop the run or the pass. They have the combo of bad defense.

Funny that the Cowboys have not beaten the Patriots since 1996.

Thats because Brady played them throughout that time. lol Things are a tad different right now.

Yeah but one of those twice was a loss....1996 they lost to the cowboys. Damn you do not remember much about the Patriots past. Thats why he said have not lost to the cowboys since 1996. They played the cowboys once without Brady.

You just said that Brady was the QB the whole time from 1996-2019, which is wrong.

You just said that Brady was the QB the whole time from 1996-2019, which is wrong.
and I was right. Most all of the games they won agains the cowboys, Brady was the QB. I never said Brady was the Qb from 96-2000. You said they beat the cowboys twice before brady, they didnt. They beat the cowboys once since 1996 without Brady being the QB. So as I said, its a bit different now. I would say since Brady beat them 5 out of the 6 times since 96, that him being the QB was probably a lot of the reason. He also beat them last year with Tampa. What was meant by it was the patriots were a slightly different team the last 20 years. I mean we never lost 3 straight home games either, but we did this year. Things are different now, and the game against the cowboys it will not matter how many times Brady beat them because Brady will not be here.

It's a winnable game. We won't be favorites and shouldn't be. Much like the game vs the Bucs we will have to try to drag this into an dog fight in the trenches. They certainly have an advantage in the RB department..however I think we can do some damage with our TEs.

Predict another wild ride next Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back