PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread- Pats @ Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.
He makes a good point. Interesting to see what Bill decides if Mac is in fact among the active. Do we know who took 1st team reps this week? I assume Zappe if Mac was limited.

Thinking about this some more, Mac hasn't played in 3 weeks. He was limited the previous 2 weeks so hardly threw passes during practices. He was also limited this week but with more mobility. If he didn't take 1st team reps, it's hard to understand how Bill would let him start. But if he's healthy enough to be active, Bill does face a quandary with the starter selection. To me, it seems that what's best for the team is to go with the healthier, hot hand QB. Can't wait to see what Bill decides.

Comparing Meyers to Edelman is really overstating your case for Meyers. I know Meyers was an UDFA but he had 2000 receiving yards at NC State and he broke Torry Holt's single season receptions record his senior year. Edelman was a quarterback in high school and college. He transitioned to WR as a pro and finished his NFL career second all-time in postseason receptions and won a Super Bowl MVP. Edelman had one of the most unexpectedly remarkable careers in the history of the NFL. So let's not insult the man.

If Gilbert is elevated to the 53, it's Zappe and him tomorrow. I think BB just wanted to keep the Browns guessing about Mac as long as possible.

This game could be under three hours with both teams relying heavily on the run.

Apparently Mac is making the trip. So gametime Decision.

Jonathan Jones out is a tough one. He is very solid.

Celebrating news of a player being ruled out due to injury with a smile is really lousy.
Especially when he's pretty good and the receiver elevated is pretty lousy. Except I thought we cut or traded LJH or something?
He makes a good point. Interesting to see what Bill decides if Mac is in fact among the active. Do we know who took 1st team reps this week? I assume Zappe if Mac was limited.

If Gilbert is elevated to the 53, it's Zappe and him tomorrow. I think BB just wanted to keep the Browns guessing about Mac as long as possible.

This game could be under three hours with both teams relying heavily on the run.
I keep thinking of all the times I have a fantasy scratch I couldn't just dump because of this exact injury for this exact reason. Constant, repetitive late scratches including game time decisions.

With a high ankle sprain, "game time decision" means "Nope" until one day you're pleasantly surprised.

I bet he wants back on the field, for job security if nothing else, and I bet Bill at least the guessing game for the other team. But I am happy to see how long the field looks like the Zappe Hunting Grounds if Mac can't go.

Not encouraging to see Gilbert called up, but hopefully he’ll be a healthy scratch if Mac is good to go.

Really hoping Mac is ok to play tomorrow. I want us to win more than anything, but the noise if zappe wins again is gonna get annoying.

Interesting.

After watching Kurt Warner walk right the F in for the 1st Pats Rams SB when they were in 11 personnel, I always wondered why teams use the goal line/jumbo formation with very short gain to go. All those people bunched up together would make for a small chance of a whole opening.

Yes, I know this is a naive statement.

Comparing Meyers to Edelman is really overstating your case for Meyers. I know Meyers was an UDFA but he had 2000 receiving yards at NC State and he broke Torry Holt's single season receptions record his senior year. Edelman was a quarterback in high school and college. He transitioned to WR as a pro and finished his NFL career second all-time in postseason receptions and won a Super Bowl MVP. Edelman had one of the most unexpectedly remarkable careers in the history of the NFL. So let's not insult the man.
He was so good he's now one of the measuring sticks we use it's not an insult it's a complement.

My guess is that the game plan is pretty simple and they’ll run roughly the same template regardless of who is starting. It would benefit Mac to run something simpler for his own protection his first week back, especially against a defense that’s very weak against the run anyway. And if you have a choice between two QBs, it makes a lot more sense to go with the much more experienced, more talented guy who knows your system better, even if he’s a little limited by an injury. I’m sure Mac is capable of executing a run heavy game plan, and would probably be able to make some calls at the line that Zappe can’t.

I'd feel better about this game if Damien Harris wasn't out. Someone will need to step up to give Stevenson some relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down