PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread - Pats @ Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
45-6 bills win this weekend

Guessing the NEP wants to avoid at all costs the pot'l perception of coming off as being insensitive to Hamlin's condition and assuming there is a game to be played.

BB hates these pressers, which are an inconvenience for him, but he is forced into by the NFL, so that may also be a factor..
Of course, the insensitive press would probably ask questions that BB would not want to answer..

Guessing the NEP wants to avoid at all costs the pot'l perception of coming off as being insensitive to Hamlin's condition and assuming there is a game to be played.
Publicly dwelling on the situation does not benefit the team or advance its goals

BB hates these pressers, which are an inconvenience for him, but he is forced into by the NFL, so that may also be a factor..
Of course, the insensitive press would probably ask questions that BB would not want to answer..
Exactly. Some dipshit like Al Breer will ask, "Bill, if it were up to you would you want to play Sunday" or "Bill, if it was a player on the NEP who was in a similar situation to Hamlin's, would you want to play.".

Horrible questions....I can't even.

Publicly dwelling on the situation does not benefit the team or advance its goals
Exactly. Some dipshit like Al Breer will ask, "Bill, if it were up to you would you want to play Sunday" or "Bill, if it was a player on the NEP who was in a similar situation to Hamlin's, would you want to play.".

Obviously we feel for Damar and his family, and we hope that he is receiving the best care possible. As far all all that other stuff, I can't stand up here and play hypothetical situations. It's my job to see that we are ready to play Sunday. We are getting ready to play the Bills.

Yeah, we are just trying to get ready for the game Sunday. The NFL sets the schedule, and we play who is on the schedule. As of right now, we are planning to play the Bills. If that changes, then we will make the changes the league requires us to. Until that time, we just getting ready to play the Bills Sunday.

We play who is on the schedule

We play who the NFL schedules for us.

Right now we are on to Buffalo.

We are on to Buffalo.

Yeah moments like that are when I'm fine with Bill's disdain for media questions. I'll be all for him giving a snarky remark

Interesting, but makes sense. Not sure what is going on yet:

Well, considering BB detests anything media related, I am not surprised. Many questions from the press are going to be about Hamlin which will be quoted, possibly taken out of context, and spun into headlines. To BB he doesn't want to create a distraction before the biggest game of the season.

Media: "do you really think you should be playing this game?"

How does BB answer that..."Yes" = insensitive "No"= undermining NFL's decision to play as scheduled... Its a lose-lose and I just don't see how it benefits anyone to put him, or anyone, up on the podium. Patriots players and coaches comments will be under the microscope more than other teams because they play the Bills.

Let the Bills comment on their own situation, when they feel ready...

Obviously we feel for Damar and his family, and we hope that he is receiving the best care possible. As far all all that other stuff, I can't stand up here and play hypothetical situations. It's my job to see that we are ready to play Sunday. We are getting ready to play the Bills.

Yeah, we are just trying to get ready for the game Sunday. The NFL sets the schedule, and we play who is on the schedule. As of right now, we are planning to play the Bills. If that changes, then we will make the changes the league requires us to. Until that time, we just getting ready to play the Bills Sunday.

We play who is on the schedule

We play who the NFL schedules for us.

Right now we are on to Buffalo.

We are on to Buffalo.
BB would get ripped for that...because it's coming out of BB who is branded as lacking compassion and empathy for all creatures great and small

I think the game gets played…and this is the first game in the 30 years I have been a Patriots fan that I will struggle to root AGAINST the opponent l.

Such an odd situation.
100% agree with you. I would like to see Buffalo win the SB this year and this year only.
The Pats do not deserve to be in the playoffs, because of their inconsistent play and just downright bad offense.
Pats have won 6 superbowls
Buffalo 0 Superbowls
Buffalo has been through hell this year
Josh Allen is a very likable leader and an exciting player to watch.

I will not actively root against Pats but will not be disappointed in any way to see Bills win on Sunday. Its a unique situation

BB would get ripped for that...because it's coming out of BB who is branded as lacking compassion and empathy for all creatures great and small
Started with thoughts and prayers are with Damar.
Game Day What GIF by Laff

100% agree with you. I would like to see Buffalo win the SB this year and this year only.
The Pats do not deserve to be in the playoffs, because of their inconsistent play and just downright bad offense.
Pats have won 6 superbowls
Buffalo 0 Superbowls
Buffalo has been through hell this year
Josh Allen is a very likable leader and an exciting player to watch.

I will not actively root against Pats but will not be disappointed in any way to see Bills win on Sunday. Its a unique situation
I think if they can beat Buffalo on Sunday then they deserve their spot in the playoffs without any caveat at all.

Even if they lose and still go in through the backdoor way, who would deserve the #7 spot over NE? There aren't any great teams on the playoff bubble. The backdoor would mean the Dolphins lost 6 in a row so I don't think they deserve the spot. Would also mean the Steelers lost when they had a chance to get in. They've won 3 in a row but they also have a minus 52 point differential so why do they deserve it over NE?

Agree re Buffalo though. If my team can't win it I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills get one. That city has been through a lot lately.

Last edited:
I think if they can beat Buffalo on Sunday then they deserve their spot in the playoffs without any caveat at all.

Even if they lose and still go in through the backdoor way, who would deserve the #7 spot over NE? There aren't any great teams on the playoff bubble. The backdoor would mean the Dolphins lost 6 in a row so I don't think they deserve the spot. Would also mean the Steelers lost when they had a chance to get in. They've won 3 in a row but they also have a minus 52 point differential so why do they deserve it over NE?
tumblr_b901915aacecce2fc2d8b3caea523e3d_c1d36843_540.gif

Media: "do you really think you should be playing this game?"

How does BB answer that..."Yes" = insensitive "No"= undermining NFL's decision to play as scheduled...
While I generally agree with you, that is an easy one. It's like being on autopilot

Q: "Do you really think you should be playing this game?"

A: "We don't decide who we play, whether we play, where we play, or anything like that. Those decisions come from the NFL. We play the games on our schedule. Buffalo is on our schedule and that's what we are preparing for, to play our best vs. Buffalo."

While I generally agree with you, that is an easy one. It's like being on autopilot

A: "We don't decide who we play, whether we play, where we play, or anything like that. Those decisions come from the NFL. We play the games on our schedule. Buffalo is on our schedule and that's what we are preparing for, to play our best vs. Buffalo."
If BB went up to the podium it would have been the Kobayashi Maru of all press conferences...

Maybe a poor example, but I think you get the point. No positive outcome from answering a million questions about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes