PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre game thread- On to New Orleans... wonder which Jameis Winston we'll get this Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
getting ready for Saturday:

This seems to be the classic greater than the sum of its parts defense. They are extremely solid against the run - so much so thus far that I don't think the Pats line up in 12 personnel tight to start and try to force the run in early downs as it will likely end up in similar to last year - lots of third and longs.

Spread em out - Get the TEs and White matched up with their LBs & S and exploit in the passing game.
If we field 12 they'll call penalties on us every snap!

I'm worried about this game. Far from a gimme, and it's one we have to win. I think it will look a lot like the Miami game, a low scoring rock fight.

I'm worried about this game. Far from a gimme, and it's one we have to win. I think it will look a lot like the Miami game, a low scoring rock fight.
It all depends on which Winston shows up. If he can be disciplined, take his check downs and limit TOs, it'll be a dog fight. If he becomes Jaboo, we'll see another Jete performance and an easy Pats win.

I'm just hoping Pats don't leave anything to chance and go get the win instead of waiting for it to be handed to them.

I think they're more the team that crushed GB in the opener than the one that lost game 2 minus most of their coaching staff and against what's looking like a pretty good Carolina team. They also look healthy.

A big factor will be whether Trent Brown can go, and if not then can somehow we get a better performance from RT than we've been getting.

I think they're more the team that crushed GB in the opener than the one that lost game 2 minus most of their coaching staff and against what's looking like a pretty good Carolina team. They also look healthy.

A big factor will be whether Trent Brown can go, and if not then can somehow we get a better performance from RT than we've been getting.

The Saint's look healthy?

That finger sucking thing he does is so weird and gross. His teammates are all staring at him like he’s a freak. :D
So is he talking about eating pu##y?

I'm glad I have tickets for the game. Fox is doing the Giants game tomorrow up here in the Berkshires.

Hope our Oline can show up and play to their potential. I hope they also let Mac Jones finally take some shots downfield for once.

As a group, the front seven of our defense is almost always going against a more athletic and faster offense. Bb needs to fix it going forward.

Interesting. Initially I wondered if he added speed to help defend Kamara, but he’s slow and a thumper.

So then I wondered about Hightower or Bentley, but both are healthy.

Now I’m wondering if it has more to do with Uche’s injury, and this gives Hightower more flexibility to play on the edge this weekend.

Love Uche but he needs to stay healthy.

Interesting. Initially I wondered if he added speed to help defend Kamara, but he’s slow and a thumper.

So then I wondered about Hightower or Bentley, but both are healthy.

Now I’m wondering if it has more to do with Uche’s injury, and this gives Hightower more flexibility to play on the edge this weekend.

Love Uche but he needs to stay healthy.
I’m guessing we see him only on STs but you never know.

Notice how he’s about to get hit in the second frame you posted. He missed Henry, but in fairness that was a completely blown coverage and Mac wouldn’t have expected Henry to be open (and had already worked to the other side of his progression).
He's not about to get hit. In fact, I believe that was the play were he got flagged for intentional grounding. He had time to throw it to a wide open Henry but he either didn't see him or got spooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes