PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre game thread- On to New Orleans... wonder which Jameis Winston we'll get this Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think this is 100% true even with a rookie QB. Absolutely. BB isn't changing what he does. It explains the vanilla look, the guys who play a lot, guys who don't, etc.

They should be 2-0 with this, too. BB is right on schedule.

I am also believing that they're hiding these other looks for Week 4. Why show Todd Bowles anything that they think they can use?

I think this is 100% true even with a rookie QB. Absolutely. BB isn't changing what he does. It explains the vanilla look, the guys who play a lot, guys who don't, etc.

They should be 2-0 with this, too. BB is right on schedule.

I am also believing that they're hiding these other looks for Week 4. Why show Todd Bowles anything that they think they can use?

And week 4 we unveil the ultimate weapon, N'Keal is back!!!! Bowles will not have seen that.

In all seriousness if Mac is still throwing everything short he might as well throw a jump ball to N'Keal. Mac will throw a well placed ball, and N'Keal is good at jump balls. It might help to bail Mac out of a few situations.

Last edited:
Nice compliment to the Saints coaching staff by Bill but Linda needs to do a better job of dressing Bill. He looks like a slob.

In my opinion, this is a vastly overrated consideration. I know that, emotionally, Bill wants to beat Tom. He's human, that feeling is going to be there. But if he held something back against two division foes so he could surprise an NFC team, it would absolutely shock me. I think it's as simple as early season feelers with a rookie QB. Any more than that is reading too far into things I think.

Nice compliment to the Saints coaching staff by Bill but Linda needs to do a better job of dressing Bill. He looks like a slob.

Payton is 10-2 over the last 2+ years without Brees - 5-0 with Bridgewater, 4-1 with Hill, 1-1 currently with Winston. The guy is top notch.

Yes, because that is what is important right now...

If you want I can hook you up with some clothes to look like him...or maybe you already do

Last edited:
In my opinion, this is a vastly overrated consideration. I know that, emotionally, Bill wants to beat Tom. He's human, that feeling is going to be there. But if he held something back against two division foes so he could surprise an NFC team, it would absolutely shock me. I think it's as simple as early season feelers with a rookie QB. Any more than that is reading too far into things I think.

I think you are underestimating how much this game probably means to Bill. With all the stuff Tom Sr. has been saying over the summer and in the past week about the Pats being the enemy, there has to be something Bill and Josh are holding back. Tom has seen everything from the Pats D in 20 years. I'm sure the Pats will show him things he's never seen before.

And week 4 we unveil the ultimate weapon, N'Keal is back!!!! Bowles will not have seen that.

In all seriousness if Mac is still throwing everything short he might as well throw a jump ball to N'Keal. Mac will throw a well placed ball, and N'Keal is good at jump balls. It might help to bail Mac out of a few situations.

Bowles and his defense will be thoroughly confused by N'Keal falling down to the ground without contact. Mac will exploit this thoroughly, time and again.

I think you are underestimating how much this game probably means to Bill. With all the stuff Tom Sr. has been saying over the summer and in the past week about the Pats being the enemy, there has to be something Bill and Josh are holding back. Tom has seen everything from the Pats D in 20 years. I'm sure the Pats will show him things he's never seen before.

Oh I don't doubt he wants it badly. But if he beats Tom Brady but loses the division because they have an extra intra-division loss to the Dolphins, will he be happier then? He wouldn't hold back on a division opponent to "get" Tom, I just don't believe that.

Yes, because that is what is important right now...

If you want I can hook you up with some clothes to look like him...
He looks like one of your Salvation Army clients. Guy makes $20M and can't afford a professional outfit?

2021 REGULAR SEASONNEW ENGLANDNEW ORLEANS
Record 1-1 1-1
Divisional Standings 1st (T) 3rd
Total Yards Gained 653 450
Total Offense (Rank) 326.5 (23) 225.0 (32)
Rush Offense 113.0 (13) 109.5 (17)
Pass Offense 213.5 (25) 115.5 (32)
Points Per Game 20.5 (23) 22.5 (18T)
Touchdowns Scored 3 6
Third Down Conversion Pct. 50.0 33.3
Team Passer Rating 96.7 97.2
Total Yards Allowed 595 612
Total Defense (Rank) 297.5 (5) 306.0 (7)
Rush Defense 113.0 (14) 66.0 (3)
Pass Defense 184.5 (6) 240.0 (13)
Points Allowed/Game 11.5 (2T) 14.5 (6)
Possession Avg. 32:18 28:02
Sacks Allowed/Yards Lost 4/40 4/31
Sacks Made/Yards 6/43 4/26
Passing TD/Int. (Off.) 1/0 5/2
Passing TD/Int. (Def.) 1/5 2/3
Penalties Against/Yards 14/138 17/151
Punts/Avg. 7/45.4 8/49.6
Turnover Differential +3 (2T) +2 (4T)

2021 REGULAR SEASONNEW ENGLANDNEW ORLEANS
Record 1-1 1-1
Divisional Standings 1st (T) 3rd
Total Yards Gained 653 450
Total Offense (Rank) 326.5 (23) 225.0 (32)
Rush Offense 113.0 (13) 109.5 (17)
Pass Offense 213.5 (25) 115.5 (32)
Points Per Game 20.5 (23) 22.5 (18T)
Touchdowns Scored 3 6
Third Down Conversion Pct. 50.0 33.3
Team Passer Rating 96.7 97.2
Total Yards Allowed 595 612
Total Defense (Rank) 297.5 (5) 306.0 (7)
Points Allowed/Game 11.5 (2T) 14.5 (6)
Possession Avg. 32:18 28:02
Sacks Allowed/Yards Lost 4/40 4/31
Sacks Made/Yards 6/43 4/26
Passing TD/Int. (Off.) 1/0 5/2
Passing TD/Int. (Def.) 1/5 2/3
Penalties Against/Yards 14/138 17/151
Punts/Avg. 7/45.4 8/49.6
Turnover Differential +3 (2T) +2 (4T)
They look somewhat even with the exception teams Pats played are 1-3 and the ones Saints played are 3-1.

I’m fairly sure Bill would rather “win” by making the playoffs this year and the next several years and competing for Super Bowls instead of sacrificing his long-term goals this season over one regular-season game. I’m sure he’s passionate about winning that game but within reason…

This was a joke, right?

They look somewhat even with the exception teams Pats played are 1-3 and the ones Saints played are 3-1.
Yeah. Their are some differences with run D vs pass D...

Yeah. Their are some differences with run D vs pass D...

Rush Defense113.0 (14)66.0 (3)
Pass Defense184.5 (6)240.0 (13)
Yup, saw that being biggest difference. So it's Mac time. They're going to force him to pass while pressuring him. This should be the first real test outside the division.

I’m fairly sure Bill would rather “win” by making the playoffs this year and the next several years and competing for Super Bowls instead of sacrificing his long-term goals this season over one regular-season game. I’m sure he’s passionate about winning that game but within reason…
I agree. I chuckle at the notion that Bill is holding something back. We don't exactly have dynamic skill guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back