PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Colts @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
mike I think Meyers is Troy Brown good I think that's his pro ceiling. As for the other two guys he's not in their class receiver wise.
I can totally see that, but Troy Brown gave everything to those teams. The perfect team player. I'd love for Meyers to be another Troy Brown.

I'd like to see Cajuste gets snaps at RT and Russey get snaps at Center if Andrews doesn't come back.

I get that Russey playing center probably won't happen but it would be interesting nonetheless.

They need Andrews back sooner than later, it's not coincidence Strange and that offensive interior started having problems the moment he left the game.
Yodni Cajuste is kind of injury prone though I'm slowly giving up.

What a ****ing Disgrace... These horribly incompetent, weak-ass, ****ing stiffs (except Onwenu) are gonna have the fans calling for Zappy before the end of the 1st quarter, if not the first series...

Still find it hilarious that there were folks on this board in the off-season who claimed Meyers would most be the 4th WR this year and that he was on the outside looking in. The threads are there, but I’ll give the courtesy of not bumping them.
Credit to Meyers for being a pro's pro and clearly on a path to a long and profitable career in the NFL.
That being said, any team that relies on Meyers as their #1 will be a middling team at best.
Meyers has been fantastic both with Cam, the worst passer in the NFL in 2020, and with Mac who could possibly be the least physically impressive starting QB in the NFL.
Would love to see what Meyers is capable of with an upgrade at QB
Would also love to be a fly on the wall when Meyers and his agent strategize about Jacobi's impending free agency.
Bill has to be squirming and wondering how much NE will have to offer/overpay (in Bill's mind) to retain the only WR that has managed to thrive in recent years despite the subpar QB play.

Yodni Cajuste is kind of injury prone though I'm slowly giving up.
When they drafted him they knew he would sit a year due to college injury.

Besides that I think a lot of his “injuries” were creative roster management. Foxboro flu was involved in there some, he needed some development.

He practiced all camp and preseason, where he played really well and made the team. Now is his time, it’s now or never.

It's crazy that he doesn't get more love in these parts. Even still after improving his game again this year.
Meyers is definitely a much improved he would be Great Second or Third WR on certain contending Teams. I think Teams like Minnesota - Dallas and the Ravens could have used him. I think those Team are a WR short on paper.

Meyers is definitely a much improved he would be Great Second or Third WR on certain contending Teams. I think Teams like Minnesota - Dallas and the Ravens could have used him. I think those Team are a WR short on paper.
He'd never get the ball in Minnesota, now that they got Hockenson.

When they drafted him they knew he would sit a year due to college injury.

Besides that I think a lot of his “injuries” were creative roster management. Foxboro flu was involved in there some, he needed some development.

He practiced all camp and preseason, where he played really well and made the team. Now is his time, it’s now or never.
I saw Cajuste in the Preseason and was encouraged he could get a possible cheap extension he has decent talent. You can definitely see how our 2023 Draft is shaping up Offensive Tackle have to a early selection.

Credit to Meyers for being a pro's pro and clearly on a path to a long and profitable career in the NFL.
That being said, any team that relies on Meyers as their #1 will be a middling team at best.
Meyers has been fantastic both with Cam, the worst passer in the NFL in 2020, and with Mac who could possibly be the least physically impressive starting QB in the NFL.
Would also love to be a fly on the wall when Meyers and his agent strategize about Jacobi's impending free agency.
Bill has to be squirming and wondering how much NE will have to offer/overpay (in Bill's mind) to retain the only WR that has managed to thrive in recent years despite the subpar QB play.
Meyers is an exceptional slot receiver, he’s also a great blocker from the position closest to the end of the line. We’ve seen who Meyers is, with good QB play or otherwise. He’s a modern day Mohamed Sanu.

I hope they retain him with a reasonable extension… not sure that will happen given the current market.

Either way Mac has to improve and stop turning it over, he has to spread the ball around more.

I have a bad feeling about this game. We’re coming off a good win, they’re coming off a disappointing loss…but their D is really, really good, and our offense is not. This is the type of game we lose in frustrating fashion (Ala the bears game). (I’m so negative this year! I never felt negative in prior years.)

Well said we know GM/BB will not overpay wish he had made a pitch for Chase Claypool before the deadline. It would have been a great move with him still on a Rookie contract: it would have also eased the passing of Meyers Claypool > WR. I don't like the 2023 FA WR class it's not a particularly strong and Meyers might be considered the Top. It's a good thing we are so good at Drafting them oh help us. :rolleyes:

but their D is really, really good, and our offense is not.

hmmm. So the Pats D and Colts O will have no involvement in this game? Got it.

FYI Colts D is only allowing 0.8 ppg less than the Pats D

From Mike Reiss today

The Patriots and Colts are tied for the NFL lead with 16 turnovers apiece, but the difference is that the Patriots have an even turnover differential because they've created 16 (tied for most in NFL). The Colts have a minus-8 turnover differential, which ranks them 31st out of 32 teams in the NFL and makes them vulnerable to New England.

Pats D and the offenses they've played current ranking (based on PPG)

Colts D
#20 x2
#24 x2

Pats O is ranked: 17th
Colts O is ranked: 30th

Pats D is ranked: 12th
Colts D is ranked: 7th

Just interesting that you are doom and glooming over the Pats O vs the Colts D. When that's a closer matchup than the Pats D vs Colts O who just traded their best receiving RB and their #1 RB is hobbled and hasn't practiced all week.

Last edited:
I have a bad feeling about this game. We’re coming off a good win, they’re coming off a disappointing loss…but their D is really, really good, and our offense is not. This is the type of game we lose in frustrating fashion (Ala the bears game). (I’m so negative this year! I never felt negative in prior years.)
After that Bears game, every game should give us a bad feeling. That being said, if they are without Taylor, that means it's Sam Ehlinger making his second career start against a Belichick-coached team. That makes me feel a little better.

You know it's a sad state of affairs when you're reduced to starting Sam Ehlinger. Andrew Luck really screwed this franchise. All efforts to replace him have been an abysmal failure.

You know it's a sad state of affairs when you're reduced to starting Sam Ehlinger. Andrew Luck really screwed this franchise. All efforts to replace him have been an abysmal failure.
I think it just goes to show how hard it is to find a good QB. How many did the Bills go through before getting to Allen?

After they "sucked for Luck", they're getting their just desserts.

I don't know if I believe in karma, but this is the kind of thing that makes me think about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back