PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Colts @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing is they didn't draft a single QB from 2012 (Luck) until the draft after he retired (2020). Sounds like playing Candyland while others were playing checkers or chess. As I'm sure lots know, what's funny is they actually picked up that stud All Pro LG in 2018 the year after Luck was injured for the year, bypassing Josh Allen and Lamar.

Also, Luck held the ball too long much of the time, and had his best Time to Throw season during his last year, when the damage was already done.
They finally built some semblance of an offensive line when his body was toast and after years of criticism by fans and media. By then the damage was done.

Ryan Grigson sucked, his offensive line’s were an affront to nature… blaming any of that mess on Luck is a terrible take. They won 2 games the year before Luck was drafted and won 11 his rookie year… pretty much sums it up.

They were bad but come on. The dude retired at an incredibly early age especially for a QB. They had also pretty much resolved their OL situation right at the same time he decided to peace out.

I don’t think his decision was necessarily a bad one, everyone needs to make the right choice for them, but it’s silly to say that the Colts didn’t get screwed in that situation. And they deserved it!
His body and throwing shoulder were toast… the result of bad personnel decisions by the team.

The Colts organization blew a great opportunity. Luck was wise to walk away before he was permanently maimed, if he isn’t already.

BB would have turned Luck into another dynasty, an average team would have turned his career into a Peyton Manning type career… a bad one ended it.

QB’s aren’t magical unicorns, they need TEAM around them. Brady this year is no different than Brady last year, his team is worse.

I'm more worried about the OL this game. Was a sieve against the jets and now another starter is out.

So back to Wynn who has regressed
Try Cajuste.

I know the Colts had a HORRIBLE OL when Luck was there, but hadn't they FINALLY put together one of the better OL's the last few years. I'm not sure about any injuries they've had but IIRC the Colts OL should be one of their strengths. Am I wrong here?

The other big strength is their 2ndary. Gilmore is still playing very well and their S's are strong.

BOTTOM LINE - This is going to be a close game that will be won in the 4th quarter by the team that makes the most "chunk plays" (20+yds), has the the most TA's, the fewest penalty yds, and the fewest mental mistakes. Just like EVERY other football game we watch.
Their OLine wasn’t helped by an immobile Matt Ryan. Don’t be surprised if they suddenly start rushing better even without Taylor and pass blocking better with Ehlinger in there.

He has his hands full this week with the Pat’s D but should be able to pad his stats with easier opponents on the horizon.

I'm more worried about the OL this game. Was a sieve against the jets and now another starter is out.

So back to Wynn who has regressed
I heard Matt Light on EEI. He blamed the lack of continuity of the OL on the new practice rules. He said that there is not enough opportunity for them to learn how to play together. He highlighted that this was most impactful when backups were forced into the lineup.

at home, vs a team that is at best equal to or more likely inferior to the the Patriots. The oft-labeled greatest coach in history vs a quarterback with TWENTY THREE career pass attempts and ONE game under his belt...there is NO WAY the Patriots should lose this game - NONE. This game should not be close, and if it is, it is a serious indictment of the current program in Foxboro. Jones should be back full speed from his injury. No excuses Sunday.

I’m probably missing someone. But, with Cannon to IR, Andrews already ruled out, and only Russey elevated, don’t the Patriots only have 7 olinemen eligible to be active tomorrow? Wouldn’t that limit them to only dressing 46 players for tomorrow’s game rather than the usual 48 including the 8 Olinemen?

Brown, Strange, Ferentz, Onwenu, Wynn, Cajuste and Russey.- Right? Hines went to IR last week to activate Cajuste? Could Andrews have cleared concussion protocol today and be active tomorrow?

Man, that's a lot of RBs on the active roster. Stevenson, D. Harris, K. Harris, Strong, and now Taylor too.

Yup, J.J. Taylor at right tackle. Wall of stone.
I don’t want that, but it would be comical / interesting to have JJ blocking some fearsome pass rushers for our entertainment.

The injury bug is on prowl on both teams

Gotta win this one, they have more problems than us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft