PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Bills @ Pats (Thursday Night)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bills are better than Minny but they have been shaky lately and we’re at home. Mac looks healthy and ST/Defense can’t play any worse than last night :evil:

I think Jefferson and Diggs are identical players. Diggs have owned us recently.
Intersting, I don't watch either too often, but from what I've heard and saw yesterday, Jefferson is on a different level

Pats will need to get the run game going and win the time of possession. Mac moved the ball great against Minnesota but I think the Pats will need to have a more balanced attack to keep the ball out of Josh Allen’s hands. Defense will need to pressure Allen and Dugger/Wilson will need to spy Allen so he doesn’t take off with his legs.

Allen needs to keep throwing bad picks for us. Otherwise, they’re just going to do what they did to us last year. If we’re in man, Diggs and/or Davis will tear us up while Allen gets to the edge time and time again. If we’re in zone, McKenzie will be a pain in the ass eating up YAC across the middle of the field or underneath. The speed at the second and third levels has improved… marginally. But not enough to make Buffalo think that the same formula won’t work.

Offensively, we obviously need to avoid turnovers and run the clock down. Keep Allen off the field and their defense gassed. Losing Miller is big, but it would be great if Andrews and Wynn could be back for this one. Even with Buffalo’s struggles on defense, they’re still giving up less than 4 YPC in their last 3 games. Use the run to set up the pass and spread them out. Lots of 10, 11, and 12 personnel. They’re susceptible through the air, but I’d expect them to line up in a ton of Cover-1 and Cover-3 and make Mac be patient while throwing through tight windows. This would be a great game for Thornton to break out.

and not to sound cliche but tackling is going to be key, especially with Allen... guy is like a greasy pig that slips out of the grasp all the time to make big plays and keep drives alive

Getting everyone ready for a Saturday:

Time to square up last year’s putrid playoff game. If I were the Pats I’d make this game as physical as possible.

Breking down Jonathan Jones int- he's going to get paid this offseason. The big difference on this play was the interior pressure by Eukale. He has flashed at times this year, especially with Barmore out.

Of course Tre’Davious White is back just in time for our matchup. I know he was active against DET; wonder if he’s in football shape.

The Bills are ranked 2nd at converting 3rd downs which is a killer at wearing down a defense. The Pats offense cant always be content on playing it safe stalling out on drives and letting the NE defense do all the heavy lifting.

For someone supposedly injured, Allen shows no signs of not running. He ran for 78 yards on Thanksgiving.

Allen is the Bills leading Rusher
1st - 561 yards
1st - 5 tds
1st - YPC @ 6.9
1st - YPG @ 51
1st - Fumbles 9

They did okay against Jefferson. Obviously he produced but he didn't own them. The concern for me is that the guys after Diggs in Buffalo are better than the guys after Jefferson in Minnesota as a total group.

However, Allen has been playing worse than Cousins lately and they don't have a Dalvin Cook to account for. I can see a world where they snag an INT or even two and hold Buffalo to under 25. The challenge is if NE can score that many again this week. Buffalo's D will be a bigger struggle than Minnesota's was. Andrews returning will help a lot, hopefully Meyers will get healthier and Parker gets a little more comfortable.

They really need to get Thornton going even just a little bit. Thornton & Agholor together have the makings of a duo that can really stress a defense but neither have produced and the OL doesn't give enough time anyway...

9 catches, 139 yards and a TD isn't owning?

9 catches, 139 yards and a TD isn't owning?
Could’ve gone better but certainly could’ve gone a lot worse. Admittedly, I thought he had fewer catches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe