PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Free Agency 2023

Orlando Brown if he isn't franchised.

All reports are that he will be franchised. No LT out there in FA is my understanding. Payne has already been franchised - Payne and Barmore side-by-side was my wish, but that will not happen either.

All reports are that he will be franchised. No LT out there in FA is my understanding. Payne has already been franchised - Payne and Barmore side-by-side was my wish, but that will not happen either.
That stinks. I assumed Brown would be out of the price range but was hopeful there were other good left tackle options in free agency. I guess Taylor and McGlinchey are the best available but those guys are both left tackles.

Seems like the best options are 1. Keep Trent Brown at LT and sign Taylor/McGlinchey to pay RT. 2. Draft one of the top 3 left tackles, start them from day one (even if there are some growing pains) and move Trent to left tackle. I'd love to sign Taylor and draft one of the top 3 tackles.

On Fournette, this free agent class at RB is going to be musical chairs. Not a lot of teams need a starting RB, with both a deep draft and free agent class.

That stinks. I assumed Brown would be out of the price range but was hopeful there were other good left tackle options in free agency. I guess Taylor and McGlinchey are the best available but those guys are both left tackles.

Seems like the best options are 1. Keep Trent Brown at LT and sign Taylor/McGlinchey to pay RT. 2. Draft one of the top 3 left tackles, start them from day one (even if there are some growing pains) and move Trent to left tackle. I'd love to sign Taylor and draft one of the top 3 tackles.

On Fournette, this free agent class at RB is going to be musical chairs. Not a lot of teams need a starting RB, with both a deep draft and free agent class.
Bucs are cutting Donovan Smith. He would be a big upgrade from T Brown would he not?

The guy who had 21 grabs for 81 yards including playoffs? He aint a third down back

hmm didnt realize he had so few receptions, and he was strangely invisible in the superbowl as well

i take back everything i said, except the part about james white

Sorry if I missed this in an earlier post. I heard on one of the sports talk radio shows that Kenny Golladay will be released by the Giants. He had 2 great years with Detroit in 2018 and 2019, but 53 catches in the last 3 years. I'm assuming he's had some injuries, but would he be worth a shot? Does anyone think he has anything left?

Sorry if I missed this in an earlier post. I heard on one of the sports talk radio shows that Kenny Golladay will be released by the Giants. He had 2 great years with Detroit in 2018 and 2019, but 53 catches in the last 3 years. I'm assuming he's had some injuries, but would he be worth a shot? Does anyone think he has anything left?
The time of taking chances on has beens is over, it’s time for a legit star at WR, it’s been a long time coming and needs to happen.

Golladay was paid 36 mill by the giants for 42 catches and 1 TD.

I don’t get the Higgins fascination.

Yeah, the guy has size at 6’3,” but he’s not fast by NFL standards. A third of my high school team ran a 4.5 forty, I thought we wanted speed and talent.

He plays next to Chase and Boyd which gives him single coverage all the time, he has one of the best QB’s what in the league throwing to him and has great coaches.

This is a lot like that time everyone said the Steelers have a load of WR talent, then Juju struck out on his own and everyone realized he was a possession WR who benefitted from Ben and team.
He got extended time this past year while Chase was out with the hip injury and played like a stud.

The time of taking chances on has beens is over, it’s time for a legit star at WR, it’s been a long time coming and needs to happen.
I contend that anyone who plays with Daniel Jones is not going to be able to show what he can do.

So many WRs move on from that QB.

Realistic UFA considerations for Pats: Thinking mostly quantity 2nd tier players with one big exception...Orlando Brown. With 30musd I think they can get one top tier 3 second tier and 3 lower tier
I expect 5-7 signings from below. Bolded are my top preferences

QB to push MAC;
Jarrett Stidham or Mason Rudolph

RBs to supplement Stevenson (assuming Harris leaves)
Kareem Hunt
D'Onta Foreman
Devin Singletary
Benny Snell
Tony Pollard (probably too expensive)

WR:
Mecole Hardman

LT:
Orlando Brown (big splurge) TOP TIER
Jawaun Taylor
Andre Dillard

DT:
Sheldon Rankins
Javon Hargrove (probably too expensive)
Jerry Tillery

LB:
Rashaun Evans

CB;
James Bradberry
Emmanuel Mosely
Mike Hughes
Sean Bunting

S:
Adrian Amos
Vopnn Bell
Keanu Neal

K:
Chase Mclaughlin

P:

Brad Pinion

I don’t see us resigning Stiddy he has a chance for more playing time in Vegas.
I read they are talking contract with him.
We traded him for practically nothing, terrible move.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back