PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Free Agency 2023

WR I’m good bringing Berrios back to help offeset Meyers production we will lose.

Berrios sucks.. He'll never offset what the team would lose with Meyers gone. If Berrios was better it would have been him staying and Meyers cut. Someone like JSN or Flowers would offset the loss and eventually could be an upgrade on Meyers. This FA for WRs i'll pass on all if it isn't Meyers coming back. Terrible class for WR FA. Draft much better to replace/improve on Meyers.

Last edited:
$18M+ average a year for 3 years for a guy in decline that is 29 years old this season is low compensation? You have lost your marbles.

Murphy-Bunting for 5 years at the same price is much better.

Any top vet you can get in a trade is a win economically - known commodity for discount $.
Of course thats not the end of the story..

If you want a good player, no matter the position, it's going to cost at least $20m per.

Daron Payne, $90m for 4 years, $60m guaranteed up front.

Last edited:
I am not upset that Past did not get Ramsey, I am sure he did not want to come here.
Its the perception that other teams in the division are willing to be aggressive early to acquire elite talent.
It's the passivity of the front office that has not worked at all since TB left. I am bracing myself for disappointment this week during the early days of UFA as Bill lets "market play itself out", then Pats jump in for second tier talent that will not move the needle.
How long have you been a fan of this team that this surprises you?

the *****ing you've dumped in these past few week.... Bah, just not worth it

Berrios sucks.. He'll never offset what the team would lose with Meyers gone. If Berrios was better it would have been him staying and Meyers cut. Someone like JSN or Flowers would offset the lose and eventually could be an upgrade on Meyers. This FA for WRs i'll pass on all if it isn't Meyers coming back. Terrible class for WR FA. Draft much better to replace/improve on Meyers.
Hardman,Campbell?

Maybe they want Murphy- Bunting in FA. 25 years old and getting better. I sure hope so. Deep draft at CB too. Ramsey is a mistake, glad we passed.
Interesting option.

6 ft, 195lbs, 4.42 speed, 41 vert. Under the radar. Sound like the type of under-the-radar guy the Pats like to target.

$18M+ average a year for 3 years for a guy in decline that is 29 years old this season is low compensation? You have lost your marbles.

Murphy-Bunting for 5 years at the same price is much better.
I keep reading about Ramsey being in decline, but what is the basis for that? Merely looking at the number of TDs given up? He was PFF's 3rd ranked corner last year. Yeah I know PFF doesn't know the defensive calls and their evaluation is subjective, but the same is true for everybody else's analysis and they watch every snap by every player. I think his contract matches up to his current level of performance.

I keep reading about Ramsey being in decline, but what is the basis for that? Merely looking at the number of TDs given up? He was PFF's 3rd ranked corner last year. Yeah I know PFF doesn't know the defensive calls and their evaluation is subjective, but the same is true for everybody else's analysis and they watch every snap by every player. I think his contract matches up to his current level of performance.
He is a good CB, no doubt... I took at numbers like depth of target, yac, passer rating vs... those numbers are creeping up for Ramsey over the past few years... Maybe it had to do with the rams using more zone coverages (Raheem Morris staple) than man... I haven't tried to find those percentages, and don't know if they are available... numbers don't tell the whole story, so I try to look at some game film for a look see

How long have you been a fan of this team that this surprises you?

the *****ing you've dumped in these past few week.... Bah, just not worth it
Feel free to put me on ignore.
This forum is supposed to be about reacting to what the team is doing. I guess I do not view it as *****ing. I view it as trying to advocate for a better approach.

Clearly a good player. I would prefer someone who didn't force himself off of his team. Might fit with Hill ;)

Feel free to put me on ignore.
This forum is supposed to be about reacting to what the team is doing. I guess I do not view it as *****ing. I view it as trying to advocate for a better approach.
Or maybe how about offering thoughts and ideas to help make us better? Something, you know, that we can discuss...

depending on who takes the cap i agree

He's not really in decline. He was just overrated a bit in that 2017 season. He's really good and will cover most guys. However some top end elite guys can absolutely burn him. He's not a true lockdown, but he's probably the tier right under it.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back