PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Free Agency 2023

How
How do we know that?.. has BB botched potential trades before?
That’s what’s being reported by credible people, he wanted to play for Miami so that’s why he’s there, it’s not complicated at all.

Tough sell for Pats to sell to in demand UFA:

1. Probably last place AFC East team in 23
2. Mediocre QB who loses his mind when things get tough
3. Will not pay anyone top dollar
4. Grouchy old coach and GM who can not pick elite players
5. passive front office approach
6. Terrible winter climate
7. 9% millionaire tax
8. Won't take risks to improve team

Sure, UFA who have other bidders will jump at the chance.
You said it best!!!!

There are plenty of teams who are in moderate to dire need of CBs and they clearly didn’t step up with a better offer either….but I know some here will make this all about the Patriots and how they totally blew it. The most likely reason is that no other team wanted to give him a big extension.
I am not upset that Past did not get Ramsey, I am sure he did not want to come here.
Its the perception that other teams in the division are willing to be aggressive early to acquire elite talent.
It's the passivity of the front office that has not worked at all since TB left. I am bracing myself for disappointment this week during the early days of UFA as Bill lets "market play itself out", then Pats jump in for second tier talent that will not move the needle.

That’s what’s being reported by credible people, he wanted to play for Miami so that’s why he’s there, it’s not complicated at all.
Thanks for that information.. I'm over it.. just had to vent.. well I guess it is what it is.. he's from Florida anyways

I am not upset that Past did not get Ramsey, I am sure he did not want to come here.
Its the perception that other teams in the division are willing to be aggressive early to acquire elite talent.
It's the passivity of the front office that has not worked at all since TB left. I am bracing myself for disappointment this week during the early days of UFA as Bill lets "market play itself out", then Pats jump in for second tier talent that will not move the needle.
Re-sign Jones and Peppers, and trade for a WR, and I'm fine with no early over-priced first 10-day signings.

Tough sell for Pats to sell to in demand UFA:

1. Probably last place AFC East team in 23
2. Mediocre QB who loses his mind when things get tough
3. Will not pay anyone top dollar
4. Grouchy old coach and GM who can not pick elite players
5. passive front office approach
6. Terrible winter climate
7. 9% millionaire tax
8. Won't take risks to improve team

Sure, UFA who have other bidders will jump at the chance.
Cheer up, you could be dead.

This is a shame the patriots couldn't make this trade!! I'm already ticked now.. some one please explain this? Why couldn't we do this? A 3rd round bill?? Really!!!!

Maybe they want Murphy- Bunting in FA. 25 years old and getting better. I sure hope so. Deep draft at CB too. Ramsey is a mistake, glad we passed.

It is a deep draft but we can’t go passing on available all pros for low compensation.
$18M+ average a year for 3 years for a guy in decline that is 29 years old this season is low compensation? You have lost your marbles.

Murphy-Bunting for 5 years at the same price is much better.

Maybe they want Murphy- Bunting in FA. 25 years old and getting better. I sure hope so. Deep draft at CB too. Ramsey is a mistake, glad we passed.
I've made mention of Sean Murphy-bunting.. I'd absolutely be in on him for sure!.. something has to happen.. after last season I can't imagine a pedestrian approach..

Re-sign Jones and Peppers, and trade for a WR, and I'm fine with no early over-priced first 10-day signings.
I'd absolutely want those guys back and some more talent with them..

OBJ thinking he can throw out a $20M/yr number and be taken seriously??
He's precisely average for a #2 WR... so we assume. Even in the Rams SB run before his ACL, he wasn't torching anyone, he was a complimentary piece while Kupp was making history.

I don’t want to trade picks for the same kind of caliber player we can sign without losing picks.
For me Trenaine Edmunds, and Jessie Bates are the biggest priorities in free agency.
WR I’m good bringing Berrios back to help offeset Meyers production we will lose.
Trading for Hopkins who is one PED infraction away from a season long ban sounds terrible.
I want to draft WRs this is a deep draft for it.
Unless you are going to break the mold and get Higgins.
Offensive Line and Defnsive line, Kicker, Punter all top priorities.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back