PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Free Agency 2023

If they opened up that much cap space they could afford to sign Lamar to an offer sheet.
I like it.. however I'm hearing ravens tag calls for at least 2 1st round picks.. does rk go for that?

Safety isn't I would say right now a glaring need ahead of everything this else we need.. I think re-signing peppers would be a start and then maybe possibly add another guy later on.. I think McCourty returns for one last season..

Safety isn't I would say right now a glaring need ahead of everything this else we need.. I think re-signing peppers would be a start and then maybe possibly add another guy later on.. I think McCourty returns for one last season..
Cbs No GIF by HULU

I like it.. however I'm hearing ravens tag calls for at least 2 1st round picks.. does rk go for that?
Yeah that hasn’t been how the Pats have operated since I became a fan in the 90’s but anything is possible.

And Geno Smith got $35M a year because he was decent for one year after being dogwater for 10 years. The market is absolutely ridiculous... Hard to imagine what Mac's extension will look like next summer... Mahomes' deal looks incredibly low right now in comparison.

Geno Smith did not get $35M - that 3 year for $105M report embellished. It is realistically $25M per year.

We have plenty of safety candidates without McCourty. I do want Peppers back. He came with some attitude and there don't seem to be many players on the team with attitude. Find me a Brian Cox.

We have plenty of safety candidates without McCourty. I do want Peppers back. He came with some attitude and there don't seem to be many players on the team with attitude. Find me a Brian Cox.
Absolutely right, Dugger is more of a quiet leader.. yes absolutely on peppers.. many people don't realize he was working his way back from the ACL.. he was a pro bowler at the giants... guy has all the attitude you want.. he's a hitter we need to start knocking TEs on thier ass since we can't guard one..

Geno Smith did not get $35M - that 3 year for $105M report embellished. It is realistically $25M per year.
Thanks, I'll need to look at that contract's finer details. However, even $25M is kind of stupid. He had one OK year...

And some here want to resign this douchebag?

I wonder if he was saying that when he was in college, broke and had to rely on others to support him.. this guy needs to go.. I thought he may have turned out to be something but this guy's attitude sucks!

I wonder if he was saying that when he was in college, broke and had to rely on others to support him.. this guy needs to go.. I thought he may have turned out to be something but this guy's attitude sucks!
That’s ok. Teams will take out 35 million insurance policy just to “converge” with his injury prone @&$. Possibly. But assuredly we know he will miss time with his pretzel feet and ankles. Only reason his option was picked up is because they had no other options. Certainly wasn’t for his play on the field or his rubber ducky play in the tub.

Guy has got to be stupid af to post something like that.

Now is the homer half of the board going to admit he was a bust and at best was an above average tackle for the 20 minutes he was actually on the field? Guy legitimately went MIA the last couple months of the season.

I like this plan in general but would keep Trent Brown, move him to RT, and skip on McGlinchey. Trent is pretty valuable being able to play the left or right side well, and he's also due for a bounce back year. I like Trent, his attitude, work ethic, athleticism, occasional dominance - he's a keeper.

Exsqueeze me?

I'm not totally convinced Brown is a lost cause at LT, I think he was just underpaid for the position and the coaching was really bad. He played through illness and injury and seemed to be on the wrong page several times - playing next to a rookie probably didn't help him. I'd be willing to try another year of Brown at LT if they can ink a solid RT, which shouldn't be too expensive... Then they could draft developmental tackles later instead of needing to use premium picks on the role and could use those picks on other needs like CB.

I am.

Now is the homer half of the board going to admit he was a bust and at best was an above average tackle for the 20 minutes he was actually on the field? Guy legitimately went MIA the last couple months of the season.

Yep.

The 2018 draft ****ing sucked, from beginning to end. Period. Case Cah-losed, oh!

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back