PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Practice notes 8-26-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buckle up for Karras.

He has more physical talent than Andrews and is much bigger and stronger, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's better.

Steep drop off in football IQ and processing information at game speed, e.g, ability to quickly reset protection if Brady audibles out of the play or modifies something based on what he sees from the defense. That's going to be stressful because of how intense Brady is, and how fast his diagnoses are. He doesn't like wasting time.

Andrews is also someone who just doesn't make mistakes. When was the last time he muffed a snap? That's going to be pretty hard to duplicate.

Steep drop off in football IQ and processing information at game speed, e.g, ability to quickly reset protection if Brady audibles out of the play or modifies something based on what he sees from the defense. That's going to be stressful because of how intense Brady is, and how fast his diagnoses are. He doesn't like wasting time.

Andrews is also someone who just doesn't make mistakes. When was the last time he muffed a snap? That's going to be pretty hard to duplicate.

Might end up being the case or with the increase in reps and game day experience it ends up being a wash. Right now who knows..

Ted Karras seems just the most lovely, friendly and charming guy imaginable.

I hope that he has this out of his system, though.

Karras is terrific. Not concerned at all.

The relationship between Brady and Andrews is tight. To be able to walk in and start at center week 1 of your rookie year and do a credible job is pretty amazing. His football IQ is outstanding. Which is why he clearly has Brady’s respect.

Karras at center with Brady on the bench for game 4 preseason isn't going to help communications between center and starting QB.....This will really bear watching ....

Karras at center with Brady on the bench for game 4 preseason isn't going to help communications between center and starting QB.....This will really bear watching ....
Brady could play a drive or two.

I was just about to drop a Patjewski on y’all.

YOU DON'T GET TO POST HERE UNTIL YOU ADMIT PLUTO IS A PLANET, YOU BASTARD!!!!!

Yes, people, it's a joke

The relationship between Brady and Andrews is tight. To be able to walk in and start at center week 1 of your rookie year and do a credible job is pretty amazing. His football IQ is outstanding. Which is why he clearly has Brady’s respect.

So did Stork in his rookie season.

I really don't understand what this sudden panic about Andrews is about. It sucks that he is most likely out for the season as you want to keep as much continuity as possible but out of all 5 lineman the center it is still the most surmountable loss.

People act as if Karras would have to start at zero when in reality as a backup center he needed to know all of the calls and whatnot every week for years anyway. If Wendell was able to keep the ship afloat for 2 years then Karras will hopefully have a competent season this year.

So did Stork in his rookie season.

I really don't understand what this sudden panic about Andrews is about. It sucks that he is most likely out for the season as you want to keep as much continuity as possible but out of all 5 lineman the center it is still the most surmountable loss.

People act as if Karras would have to start at zero when in reality as a backup center he needed to know all of the calls and whatnot every week for years anyway. If Wendell was able to keep the ship afloat for 2 years then Karras will hopefully have a competent season this year.
I'm worried about our backups not being as good is all. Plus I wanted this line to play the entire season. Would have been cool.

I'm worried about our backups not being as good is all. Plus I wanted this line to play the entire season. Would have been cool.

I agree with both of those things absolutely. It is just that hysteria about Andrews and how important his line calls are and how he never had a bad snap to Brady that I don't get.

Especially not with BB and Scar running the show. Have some faith people..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents