PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential Coaching Candidates after BB Retires [Update: Bedard believes Monday's outcome could result in "serious question" about Belichick's Future]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youre not going demote a long time BB soldier in Patricia without consequences. Thats the point.

BB is all about loyalty to those loyal to him and if you break that bond like Mangini did its over forever.
A couple of questions.
What would Bill do if Kraft told him to demote Patricia?
When talking about Bill's loyalty does that only go for coaches?

Why cant you throw it right here?

Henry is curling back. Throw low and fast.
1670702948210-png.48118

1. There is an unblocked defensive player rushing unblocked at him in the throwing lane. The defender is in position to block the pass or even intercept it.

2. There LB right next to Henry looking right at Jones in a position to jump the route and have pick six. This is a very similar situation to the interception that was called back. If Jones threw to Henry and Edmonds (the LB) jumped the route and took the ball in for a TD, people would have been killing Jones for making a stupid throw to Henry.

The very first reason is that he began his NFL career Outside of Bill's circle of F & Fs; that alone makes him more qualified than anyone else in the building...I'm also not as enamored with the last two drafts as most here; and accounts seem to indicate that Al Groh's kid had a bigger hand in them than the Wolf... There have also been multiple reports that Al Groh's kid has acted like a typical pompous, know-it-all Slappy at both the Senior Bowl & the scouting combine...

I don't want ANY "protege" of Little Bill having control of this franchise; and Eliot Wolf represents the best of both an outsider's background and 3 years of studying the organization both on and off the field... Betcha deep down he knows Exactly what's wrong here...

Matt Groh started at the bottom and worked his way up. If he is a protege of anyone it’s his father. He seems smart and anything but pompous. Still, it’s really hard to tell from where you and I are viewing the Pats who’s exactly the best for the job.

1. There is an unblocked defensive player rushing unblocked at him in the throwing lane. The defender is in position to block the pass or even intercept it.

2. There LB right next to Henry looking right at Jones in a position to jump the route and have pick six. This is a very similar situation to the interception that was called back. If Jones threw to Henry and Edmonds (the LB) jumped the route and took the ball in for a TD, people would have been killing Jones for making a stupid throw to Henry.
Have we seen Brady and other QBs get out of a jam like that?

Yes. After next year you will see that Mac Jones isnt good enough.

Not necessarily. A lot of it depends, I'm sure, on how things finish and how the two look next training camp. For all we know, Zappe could have a great offseason and come into camp a different player with one season under his belt. Having two good players at that position certainly isn't the worst thing. If Jones struggles again next season, maybe they don't pick up the fifth-year option and instead move him, so you never know. ;)
If BB is here, Mac will be the starter in 2023 because BB cant demote such a high profile draft pick.

I have seen Brady and other QBs get sacked or get an intentional grounding with less pressure.

Instead of addressing my points to why Jones couldn't throw to Henry, you just inserted your overall impression of Jones.

Jones may not be the QB of the future for this team, but we cannot tell for this year. And he wasn't at fault in this particular play no matter how much people want to blame him for it.

A couple of things came to mind as I tried to decipher this thread.
1) I'm starting to believe that the true brilliance during our dynastic days came from Ernie Adams, aka Belichick's Belichick.
2) The same fans who are using the cap as an excuse for not bringing back Brady wanted to break the bank for Can't Newton.
3) One of the QBs we have now better end up being NYFL caliber or we're screwed.

And finally a question I've asked that has yet to be answered. If Brady wanted to leave here why did he keep asking for contract extensions?

I'm pretty sure Belichick thought he was grooming Patricia to be his successor. Think about that one for minute.
I can't think about that or I'll have nightmares. The quotes from his former Lions players are very revealing.
One of the theories that was floated around was that Bill wanted Patricia to replace him so Bill's kids could keep their jobs.

Did you read what you wrote before posting that? Makes no sense. There is an Edit button supplied by Ian.
You didn't understand what he meant? It was pretty obvious.

I can't think about that or I'll have nightmares. The quotes from his former Lions players are very revealing.
One of the theories that was floated around was that Bill wanted Patricia to replace him so Bill's kids could keep their jobs.
“One of the theories”….ie. random haters pulled it out of their arses, in another attempt to make BB and his progeny look bad.

We have seen Brady and other QBs get sacked, get intentional grounding, get intercepted, and/or get throw a pick six in situations like this. Stop acting like Jones was in an easily escapable situation. This play's failure was 100% on the o-line.

I meant if he's here for 2-3 more seasons, it's going to take a few years after he's gone before people finally begin to look at things a little differently. So that time frame would mean he would either have moved on and would have been gone for 3-5 years.
I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but when did coaching become so important? Teams win all the time without top coaching but no team ever wins without top players, and right now more than ever, QBs rule.

LOL, as always, I love your optimism and energy :cool:

Again, I agree that the grass certainly isn't greener, and they'll make - and need to make - moves. But I'm O.K. with people having the discussion as long as they can make the thread somewhat productive by discussing their views on what the future should look like beyond "BB sucks - get rid of him".
I haven't seen BB sucks - get rid of him posts. Most fans here seem to be like me and are more concerned about Patricia and the offense.

But if we're going to talk about different HCs I'd like to see Mike Vrabel come back here. I also wouldn't mind giving Frank Reich a shot to see what he could do. Did he ever have a QB in Indy?

Does Curran actually think the way BB acts in press conferences is the way he acts all the time? Especially around the one guy with the power to fire him?
I have no clue how Bill acts in private, though I have heard some things from a friend in the sports reporting business. What I do know for sure is that he couldn't be any more disrespectful to the people whose job it is to report on the team.

Do we know that Bob has the ability to fire Bill without it costing him a boatload of cash?

Why? Because we are not all holding hands and singing the same tune?

What's wrong with being critical of the team and even having very far fetched but also topical conversations like this?

I never noticed this cult like mentality of never being allowed to be critical of the team until Brady left.
It's a fairly new phenomenon that may be tied to ultra defensive Belichick fans.

I have seen Brady and other QBs get sacked or get an intentional grounding with less pressure.

Instead of addressing my points to why Jones couldn't throw to Henry, you just inserted your overall impression of Jones.

Jones may not be the QB of the future for this team, but we cannot tell for this year. And he wasn't at fault in this particular play no matter how much people want to blame him for it.
The list of Jones excuses is getting old.

As I stated earlier. Buffalo had 9 players within 20 yards of the LOS and the 10th Buffalo player was 1 yard beyond the 20 yard line. Defenses DO NOT respect Mac Jones arm. He cant throw into tight windows short and he cant make throws deep. Poyer picked him off on a short sideline Henry throw. The Jets had a Pick 6 on a short pass that saved Jones because of a penalty.

The list of Jones excuses is getting old.

As I stated earlier. Buffalo had 9 players within 20 yards of the LOS and the 10th Buffalo player was 1 yard beyond the 20 yard line. Defenses DO NOT respect Mac Jones arm. He cant throw into tight windows short and he cant make throws deep. Poyer picked him off on a short sideline Henry throw. The Jets had a Pick 6 on a short pass that saved Jones because of a penalty.

LOL! You are tired of the excuses because it doesn't fit your narrative.

The Bills didn't need to defend the deep ball because Patricia went into this game with the idea that the Bills have problems with missed tackles. So his "brilliant" strategy was to have Jones throwing short and getting a lot yards after the catch capitalizing on Bills player mistakes.

Against the Vikes, Jones has no problem throwing the deep ball. Why? Because their defense sucks and Patricia decided to throw the deep ball. And even then, Kurt Warner went into great detail how Patricia's play design took away a lot of Jones' receiving options because Patricia had too many players close one another running similar routes not creating spaces in the defense for the Patriots to exploit.

I count 13 head coaches in the NFL that I would give a plus grade. If that number roughly holds true season to season then the Patriots have a 40% chance of their next head coach being good.
My brain shut down from overload in how many ways this is wrong.

LOL! You are tired of the excuses because it doesn't fit your narrative.

The Bills didn't need to defend the deep ball because Patricia went into this game with the idea that the Bills have problems with missed tackles. So his "brilliant" strategy was to have Jones throwing short and getting a lot yards after the catch capitalizing on Bills player mistakes.

Against the Vikes, Jones has no problem throwing the deep ball. Why? Because their defense sucks and Patricia decided to throw the deep ball. And even then, Kurt Warner went into great detail how Patricia's play design took away a lot of Jones' receiving options because Patricia had too many players close one another running similar routes not creating spaces in the defense for the Patriots to exploit.
3dabfee4f0df255435eb04ea36a09006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand