PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential Coaching Candidates after BB Retires [Update: Bedard believes Monday's outcome could result in "serious question" about Belichick's Future]

Status
Not open for further replies.
2023 is not only a key year for Mac but also for Belichick, especially depending on how these final five games finish. If he feels like a change needs to be made in terms of winning football games, that will trump all else.
Mac is back for 2023 by default.

Take a break from sniffing glue and look at the current playoff format.

The Jets were a Wildcard before today and still remain a Wildcard at 7 - 6.

You are looking at the playoff format before the week is finished. Great approach. Maybe you should wait until Week 14 is finished. But you are so anxious to pump the JETE that you jump in early. What a chump. And you think I am glue sniffing? I am not the pseudo-Pats fan pumping the JETE playoff hopes before Week 14 is finished. Embarrassing. You are looking at the current playoff format half way through Week 14 - when God was handing out brains you were standing behind the door.

Last edited:
You are looking at the playoff format before the week is finished. Great approach. Maybe you should wait until Week 14 is finished. But you are so anxious to pump the JETE that you jump in early. What a chump. And you think I am glue sniffing? I am not the pseudo-Pats fan pumping the JETE playoff hopes before Week 14 is finished. Embarrassing. You are look at the current playoff format half way through Week 14 - when God was handing out brains you were standing behind the door.
Assclown

319148881_5175652485867896_593142112935012346_n.jpg

That graphic is halfway through Week 14. What don't you understand about Week 14 is not over and you are promoting the JETE? The Chargers just won and the JETE are now #8. If the Pats win tomorrow the JETE go to #9. But you want to pump the JETE. What an assclown.

My brain shut down from overload in how many ways this is wrong.
If there are so many ways that was wrong then you should be able to give us one or two examples

It's also a dumb statement, when has BB ever been afraid to cut a high draft choice if he's not good, he's done it many times over the years. The saying was always it doesn't matter how you got here but what you do now that you're here that determines if you stay. These haters are getting ridiculous with their theories.
Same here. Can you provide examples of those many times Bill dumped high draft picks?

The mistake I think both of you are making with @crawhammer is thinking that he wants to change the HC, which he has stated quite a few times here that he doesn't. His coaching list is a potential list related to the title of the thread, not a wish list.

There's a Monday night game not played yet, and the Sunday night game just finished, standings for the week aren't set in stone just yet.
The report card was until week 13 and stands as fact.

Jones has only beaten 1 team with a winning record. The Cardinals are 4 - 8 so the odds are good for a NE win.

Get the cigars ready.

If there are so many ways that was wrong then you should be able to give us one or two examples
He said that because he gives 40% of current HCs a passing grade, it means 40% of hires are good. Which would only be true if all 32 HCs had been hired at the same time and nobody else were to have been hired/fired since then.

It's not instructive to post this chart before the conclusion of week 14 which will be tonight's game. If the Pats win they'll be 7-6 and ahead of the Jets based on tie breakers.

Reactions: Ian
It's not instructive to post this chart before the conclusion of week 14 which will be tonight's game. If the Pats win they'll be 7-6 and ahead of the Jets based on tie breakers.
The premise was to verify AFC playoff seedings PRIOR to week 13. Before the Jets played.

An uniformed board member did not believe that the Jets were a playoff team.

Everyone knows that could all change with so many games remaining

Have we decided who's replacing Bill yet?

Have we decided who's replacing Bill yet?
Yes, you didn't get the memo? It was sent to legal to review before offering the contract. Bypassed Kraft's office too.

Last edited:
I dont think theres any chance BB gets fired this year.

Here is my speculation on how it goes: After 2022 or another year like 2022, Kraft starts to shorten the leash on BB in terms of coaching hires and personnel decisions. BB grows frustrated with no longer being the football czar in NE and finds somewhere else he can do the same.

I expect another 2-3 years for my prediction to come together...

Regardless of whether the Pats win or lose tonight, I think Bedard will/already regrets coming out with what he has said about Bill. I usually don't have a problem with Bedard, but reporting this seems pretty irresponsible. While his "sources never let him down", he back tracks on it in the event he ends up being wrong saying, "I don't think the Pats will lose to the Cardinals". Bob firing 6 time champion Bill over being under .500 for the 2nd time in 20 years doesn't sound very rational.

Last edited:
Regardless of whether the Pats win or loose tonight, I think Bedard will/already regrets coming out with what he has said about Bill. I usually don't have a problem with Bedard, but reporting this seems pretty irresponsible. While his "sources never let him down", he back tracks on it in the event he ends up being wrong saying, "I don't think the Pats will loose to the Cardinals". Bob firing 6 time champion Bill over being under .500 for the 2nd time in 20 years doesn't sound very rational.

Nobody here or anywhere else expects Bill to be fired, even if they lose 50-0 (which they won't, I predict 26-13)... But if they lose the rest of their games this season - which is a very, Very Real possibility - then he's gonna have lotsa 'splainin' to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back