PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Postgame thread: Patriots defeat Panthers 10 - 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zo said Jimmy G was one of the worst practice QBs the Patriots have had, is that true?
Injury update:

Except for King, not so bad.

Watson looked super dazed after that cheapie, if only he had some to time rest up.

Danny Amendola had a stretch where he had 3 straight injuries from punt returns. Anyone claiming that it doesn’t increase the odds of getting hurt is kidding themselves. There are 11 people running full speed, bodies flying, etc. No, it’s not as dangerous as a kickoff return, but I think that a strong argument can be made that it’s more dangerous than running a route as a WR.

Snap for snap, more players are injured playing special teams than any other position. One analysis I saw said the rate was once per 50 plays, though if that were the case you'd expect to see multiple ST injuries per game between two teams (minor injuries included). Does that sound accurate?

Last edited:
Zo said Jimmy G was one of the worst practice QBs the Patriots have had, is that true?

Watson looked super dazed after that cheapie, if only he had some to time rest up.
Watson has plenty of time, but that leaves us without a reliable TE.

Yes. Just horrendous. I saw him during TC and he just couldn't put it together.

I guess a real game does something to him- maybe it causes him to stop thinking, who knows?

Watson has plenty of time, but that leaves us without a reliable TE.

I certainly wouldn't look for one from the Panthers' roster. Their TEs had a tough night, between giving Van Noy and free shot at Newton and dropping wide-open passes.

Love this D. Man they are going to be a nightmare in the front 7 and in coverage. Can carry the O that's lacking a proven TE for the first 4 weeks and WRs that are all over the place. The O will struggle to being the year like usual but will find its stride.

Like Ninko said last night..this 2019 D has a chance to join those special groups in the early 2000s

The thing I really like about Meyers is he has lined up inside and outside and we seem to have quite a few outside guys (Harry, Dorsett, Thomas) but outside of Edelman, nobody too experienced inside. Harris seems to have position flexibility too and that's why I see him and Meyers competing for a spot but I think being injured is going to cost Harris.
One quick thing with Dorsett and I do like him as a player but for a guy with his size and speed, he doesn't seem as elusive as I would expect.

The thing I really like about Meyers is he has lined up inside and outside and we seem to have quite a few outside guys (Harry, Dorsett, Thomas) but outside of Edelman, nobody too experienced inside. Harris seems to have position flexibility too and that's why I see him and Meyers competing for a spot but I think being injured is going to cost Harris.
One quick thing with Dorsett and I do like him as a player but for a guy with his size and speed, he doesn't seem as elusive as I would expect.
Dorsett is definitely not a cheap version of Cooks like some hoped for last year but he is reliable. He doesn't drop passes.

Definitely looked faster and shiftier, that 30 yard run with the jump cut that was called back because of a penalty, was vintage Michel at Georgia. He really didn’t have that shiftiness last year.
I think hes added some muscle too, he looked bigger, thicker.

The Brissett for Dorsett trade really is a trade that both teams "won." Both teams gave up pieces they didn't need to swell their depth in problem areas. And I think both teams are happy with the outcome.

I’m not sure what exactly the plan was on the play Newton got injured. Throw that puppy away and live to play another down. That wasn’t the Super Bowl. Instead he tried to tuck it when the protection broke down and run around like a ******, and now he’s leaving the stadium in a walking boot.

I’m not sure what exactly the plan was on the play Newton got injured. Throw that puppy away and live to play another down. That wasn’t the Super Bowl. Instead he tried to tuck it when the protection broke down and run around like a ******, and now he’s leaving the stadium in a walking boot.

Dunno, maybe leaping away from contact would have served him well last night.

Anyone hear anything about Damien Harris? I remember him getting dinged last night.

BB's pressers always good for a laugh, his shut down demeanor, that grim death stare chiseled into his face. He definitely sends out invisible sonic shock waves to media members. I'm sure some of them would rather stick there finger in a light socked than ask a tough question...

I have a friend who works for a local tv station and he says that whenever BB refers to them he points toward the press room and calls them "those a-holes." I let my friend know that I'm on BB's side.

I have a friend who works for a local tv station and he says that whenever BB refers to them he points toward the press room and calls them "those a-holes." I let my friend know that I'm on BB's side.

Definitely his least favorite part of being a NFL head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back