PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread POST GAME THREAD: Week 3 - Patriots Beat the Jets 15-10

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Yeah. I was excited after Philly. Optimistic after Miami and they should have had it with that strange spot

Just want feeling the same thing from tonight. Look. These are always slow starting teams and there was zero preseason. Just thought I would see a “ statement game” rather than a game we won by 6”
I get it. But, we’re not a statement team. We’re a 50-50 team that has potential. Right now, a win is a win.

Our OL is still in shambles and our receivers are probably the worst core in the NFL.

Fans have been screaming this all off-season(just like we did when bill appointed Patricia OC). And just like last year the results are about what everyone expected

Everyone but Bill apparently.

Our OL is still in shambles and our receivers are probably the worst core in the NFL.

Fans have been screaming this all off-season(just like we did when bill appointed Patricia OC). And just like last year the results are about what everyone expected

Who was the free agent WR you wanted?

Yeah. I was excited after Philly. Optimistic after Miami and they should have had it with that strange spot

Just want feeling the same thing from tonight. Look. These are always slow starting teams and there was zero preseason. Just thought I would see a “ statement game” rather than a game we won by 6”

Brother A statement game isn’t coming from this team in September ;) hopeFully sometime in oct we get one

I want Boutte over JuJu the next few games . Take a cap hit of 8-10 million and trade juju to a willing trade partner

I don't think they really need to beat Dallas, going 1-3 is probably fine (although Arizona of all teams is up 9-0 on Dallas right now...) They stay alive. The schedule is softer after that - not easy, but at least not crazy defenses week after week.

If you assume the Chiefs, Raiders and Bengals win today, here's your AFC slate next week:
Dolphins (3-0) at Bills (2-1)
Chiefs (2-1) at Jets (1-2)
Ravens (2-1) at Browns (2-1)
Bengals (1-2) at Titans (1-2)
Falcons at Jaguars (1-2)
Broncos (0-3) at Bears
Rams at Colts (2-1)
Steelers (1-2) at Texans (1-2)
Raiders (2-1) at Chargers (1-2)

I'd pick the Dolphins, Chiefs, Ravens, Bengals, Falcons, Broncos, Colts, Texans, and Chargers. So that means you'd have one 4-0 team and three 3-1 teams, which would represent the four division leaders. Then you'd have six 2-2 teams and five 1-3 teams. So while you'd be "at the bottom", you'd also only be 1 game behind every wild card team.
Broncos at Bears is the poop bowl

I know what's going on. We got a bunch of ****ing crap out there, trying to a win and suck our ****ing happiness. And that's it. Plain and simple. I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in crap ," because I don't ****ing believe in crap but I believe in my own two eyes, and what I saw, is crap. Now, do we all agree that what we are dealing with is crap?

Couldve tried to trade for one. Like eagles or dolphins or bills did. And turned their trajectories around.

Could've kept Meyers over Juju for one. Meyers still looks good with the raiders and juju looks cooked. But value!! Right? He was cheaper! DeAndre Hopkins while not what he used to be has to be better than parker...but same thing. Wasn't good value!

Meyers was automatic on 3rd down with us.

bill hasn't addressed receiver, OL or 3rd down RB and the results speak for themselves.

if Bill is going to continue to fill the offense with slow mediocre players this is what we are going to continue to get

As an aside Cole Strange is not only a reach but starting to look bust-y.

I swear Bill reaches just to show he is smarter than everyone else in the room.

I want Boutte over JuJu the next few games . Take a cap hit of 8-10 million and trade juju to a willing trade partner

Sad thing is watch Meyers light it up again tomorrow night. But juju was cheaper!

Yep sounds like good ole’ extended contract Trent Brown…..Yikes….. they will have a field day with that in the film room tomorrow

Wouldn't be shocked if he suddenly shows up on the injury report this week if tomorrow's discussion doesn't go well. Can't hide on film, and my guess is they'll absolutely say something. I haven't rewatched it yet, so I don't know if this is an isolated thing, or if someone caught him napping on one play. But if that's a trend, it's obviously a problem.

Brown creates a lot of penalties and obviously is taking plays off a fair amount….. this one was pathetic… They need to rim him tomorrow, especially after giving him an extension for his contract… What a joke

You can scream all you want. But you can't make good WRs materialize out of thin air.

Unless you want to trade Gonzalez for one. Me, I don't want to do that.

This is the question I keep asking. Unless he means take a WR instead of Christian Gonzalez.

JuJu was the best receiver on the market.

The team is improving. (controversial statement I know) They have gone from literally not being able to either run or pass block at an NFL level to getting enough of a run game to actually hit a chunk play off well timed and called play action and also make a third and fifteen conversion. You couldn't say either of those things the first two weeks. Were they too conservative in the second half? Absolutely, but when haven't the Patriots traded yards for time under this regime?

The Patriots offense will not be dominant this year - I think that's a non-controversial statement. They are a sum of their parts offense where a lot of different guys have to make routine plays with none the standout "when you gotta have it" clutch guy that you feed 15 balls a game to. They'll target specific matchups and try to exploit flaws they glean during each week's prep. The running game is also improving - likely more from the OL starting to gel than the RBs themselves, but it's progress.

There's no offensive star walking through the door this season either. There isn't one "stashed" down the depth chart. The horse is dead and further whacks with the stick doesn't change that status.

The defense is the star, but that isn't sexy. That's boring and "boomer" football.

Saying the Patriots need better players isn't "big picture". It's just envy. This isn't 2004 anymore and yeah, it kinda sucks, but it's also reality...a reality at the end of the season for 31 other teams too. If entertainment from sports is supposed to be scripted and come out the way we want it...it'd be pretty boring and it wouldn't be long before it was lost to the dustbin of history. What brings most back isn't knowing what's going to happen...it's not knowing.

It's the surprise ending that packs em in, not the pre-ordained blowout.

Just wasnt feeling the same thing from tonight. Look. These are always slow starting teams and there was zero preseason. Just thought I would see a “ statement game” rather than a game we won by 6”
Everyone called it a must win

Playing a very good D in sloppy conditions, and they won

That's still a statement win, just not the statement you were hoping for ;)

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back