PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread POST GAME THREAD: Week 3 - Patriots Beat the Jets 15-10

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Gonzalez seems to have ability that only elite CBs have where he seems to anticipate a receiver’s change of direction and moves with him even when the receiver turns on a dime. He has the potential to be special like HOF special.
He looks like our best draft pick since Gronk. Still early but hard not to be excited about him.

The defense is going to contend for the best in the NFL with gonzalez, jack jones & jonathan jones at cb.
Not if the two injured DL (Eukule and Godchaux) are out long term. That also contributed to the Jets ability to run in the second half as they either had to put lighter DEs inside or play the remaining DLs all the snaps.

Injuries have severely impacted this team on both sides of the ball. While neither of these DL are stars, the talent level decreases significantly with them out.

One thing I don't understand about the 2nd half: if we went super conservative, why were we up tempo? Mac was snapping the ball with 20 seconds on the play clock.

On 4th and 1 with about 10 minutes left, we took a timeout with 25 seconds on the play clock, then we punted.

That made absolutely no sense.

Really bad clock management
This is some of the **** we didn't use to ever see but are now seeing more of over the last couple of years. This is on the coaching.

He got his silver, why should he give any effort?
Wouldn't be shocked if he suddenly shows up on the injury report this week if tomorrow's discussion doesn't go well. Can't hide on film, and my guess is they'll absolutely say something. I haven't rewatched it yet, so I don't know if this is an isolated thing, or if someone caught him napping on one play. But if that's a trend, it's obviously a problem.

Remember the good ole days. When BB was trying to score points with a lead and he would say “ we are just trying to get better”
when he was being accused of running up the score
I do. Now I’m just happy to win a game.

It was great to see them win but boy, they had my pacemaker working overtime! It was just too close.

Hopefully they'll beat Dallas more handily.

almost 1/3 of our entire pass yards were a fluke play
So that wasn't how the play was drawn up (play action from off tackle right)? How was it supposed to go that made it flukey??

Is that what we have become

How the mighty have fallen
I live near Washington DC. They used to revel in their Super Bowl wins too. But they suck now. It happens to every single team. Now we’re this team and I still love when they win. And so far we’ve been in every game this season, so that’s something good.

Gonzalez seems to have ability that only elite CBs have where he seems to anticipate a receiver’s change of direction and moves with him even when the receiver turns on a dime. He has the potential to be special like HOF special.
He plays like a blanket. Shutdown corner.

It was great to see them win but boy, they had my pacemaker working overtime! It was just too close.

Hopefully they'll beat Dallas more handily.
May get a more focused Dallas if they lose to the Cards today.
They can be beaten though. Offense needs to show up

I live near Washington DC. They used to revel in their Super Bowl wins too. But they suck now. It happens to every single team. Now we’re this team and I still love when they win. And so far we’ve been in every game this season, so that’s something good.
Yeah. I was excited after Philly. Optimistic after Miami and they should have had it with that strange spot

Just wasnt feeling the same thing from tonight. Look. These are always slow starting teams and there was zero preseason. Just thought I would see a “ statement game” rather than a game we won by 6”

Last edited:
Well, it's a win. But, we all know what it was, and what this team is.

Forgot to shout out zeke in my post. Hes exceeded my expectations as far as his burst and power, he’s definitely still got it. Actually outplaying rham at the moment. Costly fumble week 1 but I really like the signing

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back