PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread: Titans beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
If refs want to take Gilmore out of the game, all they have to do is call penalties on him early and he loses his aggressiveness and the secondary falls apart. All week I heard Butler was the one who was going to have the kind of game Gilmore had.

Really ugly game to watch all around.

BB

"This game was over 10 minutes into it"

Edit:

Symbolic of the "Nobody played well" sort of game this was, even the Patriots media is screwing up. BB actually said "This game was over 10 minutes ago", not "10 minutes into it".

Last edited:
I think that's one of the most frustrating parts, last week our d was good, but this week we went back to the defense of the super bowl, the defense against jacksonville and the defense against detroit.....just very difficult to have any confidence in that unit now....

I thought maybe th D turned a corner after last week but regressed back into the trash we've seen most of the season. O-line is battered and Brady was under siege. Hogan has been invisible for weeks now. Not much to say just how badly they played today.

McDaniels in Denver and St. Louis is what he really is, a total zero without Brady.

Gilmore sucks.

You could put any RB off the street in Michel's place and get the same production. Nothing special about him.

Belichick's awful talent evaluation has caught up with them.
Living up to your moniker again.

What the hell was that?

BB

"This game was over 10 minutes into it"
I wonder why he said that and why he could do anything about it. I wish we could get Bentley back this season. There is no hope for the defense for the rest of the year. They are who they are, maxed out of talent.

I think that's one of the most frustrating parts, last week our d was good, but this week we went back to the defense of the super bowl, the defense against jacksonville and the defense against detroit.....just very difficult to have any confidence in that unit now....
They gave me a little confidence after last week. But they swiftly lost it today.

Anyone who thinks the team in general and defense specifically is anything but dependent on sound complimentary football will be frustrated until the season is over.

The defense wont win any games by themselves but if the ST and offense do their job they can be efficient enough to hold back even elite offenses enough to win games.

But they wont ever carry the team unless you get one of those outlier games with many turnovers.

What’s alarming is they didn’t even show up. Right from the opening kickoff it was a sh*t show.

On O

- our line was a complete mess. It all started there. No time at all for Brady

- some bad drops. Gordon and Hollister both with drive stalling drops

- can the equipment guy give them the right cleats? Joke that a pro team can’t wear the right shoes

On D

- no pressure and bad coverage. Not a good combo

- once again we make a very average QB look like an All Pro.

- one of the worst O’s in the league went up and down the field on us all day. That was an embarrassing performance

On ST

- brutal start giving up a big return.

- big miss from Ghost on a tough but makeable kick

McDaniels in Denver and St. Louis is what he really is, a total zero without Brady.

Gilmore sucks.

You could put any RB off the street in Michel's place and get the same production. Nothing special about him.

Belichick's awful talent evaluation has caught up with them.

Just **** off.

Ok this was Tenns superbowl the Patriots thought they were already in the bye week.
Flu struck gronk is hurt Tom isnt done yet.
I dont question his heart and toughness until we see this happen again.
We are still in the superbowl hunt and now we arent the team to beat we can sneak in.
Belichick has alot to fix during the bye he can work side by side with Flores and co to fix the defensive debacle.

Between Tom and Josh they can fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand