PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread: Titans beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offensively we need to get Mason, Gronk and everyone else healthy and ready to go....Defensively, we're just going to need to play a lot better

True. Some key parts are missing but the players that do suit up need to be better. :eek:

Just a bad game all around. Credit to Tennessee though they came out to play. Sucks it was against an AFC opponent.

I wonder If Brady is 100 percent right now.

Remember this team put up a stinker against the Dolphins last year.

This Titans team does have the number 1 ranked defense

Bad game. They'll be fine. They need Gronk as healthy as possible, they need Edelman healthy, Brady needs to rest his arm. They've got four games against the AFC East. The Steelers game looms large.

I am legitimately fearful of Brady's declining arm strength. This is the first time I've had cliff thoughts, and it feels imminent.

Today we saw a defense that was able to eliminate James White via blitzing and bracketing. That's the formula. It's why Gronk matters. And Dwayne Allen would be a significant loss too.

For the Titans, Logan Ryan and Dion Lewis loom large as homegrown players they should have retained, and Harold Landry as a player where they shouldn't have traded away the pick. And Corey Davis looks amazing.

Out-run, out-thrown, out-caught, out-tackled, out-covered, out-thought, out-coached, out-played.

Terrible game all round. Can't point to even one player that stepped it up today. I can't lie, I am concerned about Brady going forward. He has looed slow many times this year and made awful decisions . I am hoping it is just a temporary slump. But when has he only had 1 TD in 3 games ever in his career. I don't think it has ever happened before !
The o-line was atrocious and even our playmakers on D played horrible. Nothing was positive today.
It's frightening how Tom and Gronk are both in the middle of historically staggering TD droughts.

Anyone seeing any statistical reason for Danny Shelton to be leaving the sideline?

Not seeing a reason he earns a paycheck.

Got dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Hard to win when that happens. Hopefully Mason coming back and Brown feeling better will cure that on offense as they have generally played well this year. Not sure what they can do on defense as their inability to stop the run and sack the QB have been an issue all year.

My only concern re: long-term, postseason prospects is health.

Gotta get everyone healthy: Brown, Gronk, Mason, Edelman, Burkhead, Dawson, Michel ... get Gordon crisp and in game-shape, and make a push for the #2 seed.

They'll be alright.

I thought maybe th D turned a corner after last week but regressed back into the trash we've seen most of the season. O-line is battered and Brady was under siege. Hogan has been invisible for weeks now. Not much else needs to be said with just how badly they played today.

Same fans calling the season over today will be right back on the bandwagon after we beat MN. They're like yoyos.

Sums up a good portion of this forum. Frustrating game to watch but that's the way it goes sometimes.

This is exactly how we lost the super bowl last year - beaten at the line of scrimmage
Well not exactly. Our Offense was pretty dynamic in the Super Bowl.

Today it was trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand