PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Texans @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offense was inconsistent and the D is a work in progress. At least 2 big ST errors with Amendola FC on the 5 [I think they ruled 7] and Allen kicking way out of endzone when a spike in the 20 was needed.

OLine deserves some credit IMO, Brady could be missing his arms and legs today.

Brady is unbelievabe, but desperation drives in a winnable game against a mistake riddled team won't get it done all year. Brady is not going to win, or stay upright without an intermediate passing game. Long pass is the cherry, not the sundae.

What just came to my mind is that BoB screwed up immensely with that idiotic challenge on that magical Brady pass to Gronk that cost him a TO that he might have needed at the end of the game.

The little things..

Great comeback win but wow this defense needs to get it together if we are gonna have any real shot at a SB. They just let the TEXANS...........carve them up.............THE FREAKING TEXANS...............that being said, great comeback win. It's still early so I'll try to remain optimistic.

Agree, Chung was non existent until the end of the game, DMaC didn’t have a great game, Gillmore made mistakes with the huge PI but he redeemed the plays after before he went to the locker room because of dehydration.

Gronk played well, made clutch plays, Amendola disappeared for most part of the game but shows up in the big moments and he delivered big time.

Cooks is gonna have a pro bowl type of season if he keeps up.

Back to the defense, our linebackers plays have been mediocre other than the one sack they got. After Hightower there is a huge drop off in skill on that position. Van Noy hasn’t been playing all that great this week.

How many times are the chicken littles going to give up on TB and this team and this team comes back and embarrasses them. The game day thread was another typical embarrassment. Not saying the Pats diddnt look ****ty a lot of the game but why would you ever ever give up on Brady?

Last edited:
Brady puts the team on his back (yet again), in spite of a portion who clearly showed up thinking about things unrelated to football or doing their job.

The defense has done their level best to be considered the worst in the league through three games. That was abominable.

It's remarkable that a 5TD game could be considered sloppy, but it definitely was. Can't wait to see what things look like in a couple months.

It's amusing that the Pats can play so poorly, yet come out with the W and see three of the main bye competition get knocked off. As Tom Petty said, it's good to be king. :cool:

Last edited:
What do people think of Watson going forward? Too early to tell? Great QB?
Hard to tell. He looked good but we are talking about a defense that allowed Alex Smith to demolish them.

Offense was inconsistent and the D is a work in progress. At least 2 big ST errors with Amendola FC on the 5 [I think they ruled 7] and Allen kicking way out of endzone when a spike in the 20 was needed.

OLine deserves some credit IMO, Brady could be missing his arms and legs today.

Brady is unbelievabe, but desperation drives in a winnable game against a mistake riddled team won't get it done all year. Brady is not going to win, or stay upright without an intermediate passing game. Long pass is the cherry, not the sundae.
Not a bad post. I did expect a close game, though not quite this way, and I expected their front seven to be as tough as it was. There is definitely improvement needed in many aspects, including offensively. Winnable game, yes. But the Texans aren't a pushover, so hardly guaranteed. I think some underestimated the ability of the Texans to come in here and take a game, and they nearly did.

With all that said, I do believe the Pats will get better. I think Cooks builds on those late heroics. OL play and injuries, like I've said a million times, will be the biggest factors. That D, though, needs to play better.

Obviously, the offense was absolutely awesome.

Belichick can judge the defense. However, giving up 33 points to an awful offense just can't be expected to win every week.

Rookie coaching mistake by Vrabel. Less than 30 seconds to go and the Pats need 6, you rush 3 and go heavy with DBs.

It was all bad, eh you CL turds? Half the goddamned gameday thread is blaming politics? WTF is wrong with you nitwits? either root for the Patriots through thick and thin or hit the bricks, you embarrassing sonsa*****es...

Thanks for using that word correctly.

I didn't get to see much of the game until the end. How did Butler play?

Awesome game!!! well defense was a little scary. lol but hey a wins a win! Obviously Brady and Cooks were awesome, so glad to see them getting on same page, but don't want to forget Amendola, not big stats but always seems like he comes up with that 1st down when we desperately need it, that last was amazing! I'm so glad I can be in a good mood the rest of the day now ;)
Rest of the week, for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey