PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Texans @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense was horrible again. Definitely a huge concern but also you've just gotta have faith that Belichick will work it out. I trust him but something needs to change. Without Brady's magic that defense would've dragged us down to 1-2 and put us in a very uncomfortable situation.

BUT you've gotta take it! Thrilling and you just had to have a feeling that Brady would drive down for the score. But I didn't imagine he'd convert two 3rd and longs.

The receivers also ought to take a bow. Great contributions from Gronk, Hogan and Cooks. Speaking of Cooks, THAT is the guy we've been waiting for. What a clutch performance. Great catches. Offense is still balling out, defense needs to right the ship fast.

Brady is still the best player in the league. This season is going to be a grind. We aren't likely to get to or win the Super Bowl though until this defense shows significant improvement. Looking forward to HT being back....

What do people think of Watson going forward? Too early to tell? Great QB?

No, they dont struggle particularly against mobile quarterbacks.

The lack of pass rush is by design in order to contain said QB which worked mostly well against Watson. There were a lot of missed tackles and bad edge discipline on some plays though that need to be cleaned up.

I dont get how after years and years people still dont understand how BB/Patricia are defending against mobility.

Are you excusing the big passing plays as well? The defense was atrocious! They need to get better that's for sure

IF Cooks continues to trend upwards : MIAM. We gonna like a lot.

Man, Houston was downright scary with those rushes and they got lots of pressure on Brady. But again that D line is made of top 10 defensive linemen.
My concern is our interior line, they didn’t do a good enough job this day but they held at the end. Tackling is a concern, saw Watson getting out of several sacks today, can’t make these type of mistakes, have to capitalize.

I’m just happy we got the W today at home, Brady is playing the best football of his life. The guy looks so much more fit, nothing like Peyton noodle arms.

The run game was not much in the 2nd half. Gotta run more.

Are you excusing the big passing plays as well? The defense was atrocious! They need to get better that's for sure

What big plays did Watson have with his legs ? Otherwise you are moving the goalposts on the entire discussion.

It was all bad, eh you CL turds? Half the goddamned gameday thread is blaming politics? WTF is wrong with you nitwits? either root for the Patriots through thick and thin or hit the bricks, you embarrassing sonsa*****es...

What do people think of Watson going forward? Too early to tell? Great QB?
I thought he looked like a rookie, but a damn good rookie. In my opinion he will become one of the best QBs in the league in a year or two... partially due to the fact that there’s a lot of ****ty QBs, but still an accomplishment.

Last edited:
It was all bad, eh you CL turds? Half the goddamned gameday thread is blaming politics? WTF is wrong with you nitwits? either root for the Patriots through thick and thin or hit the bricks, you embarrassing sonsa*****es...

Didn't see the game thread, were people seriously blaming politics for the defense being bad?

JJ Watt looked utterly distraught, they played a great game and the greatest snatched their victory away at the last minute.
They played more than well enough to win. But . . . Brady is the GOAT for a reason. Just like there were games and championships the Bulls of the 90's should have lost before Jordan just put the team on his shoulders, it's the same with Tom. Those guys are among the fiercest competitors, with talent that matches that competitiveness, that I've ever seen in ever.

This is the type of game that should remind everybody how lucky we are to have Tom Brady. Magical last drive. Wow!

That being said... we have a lot of work to do especially on defense. September preseason nearly over. Time to get much better. In BB I trust.

I have no idea how Brady is playing so out-of-his-mind with a struggling D that can't help him out; a shaky O-line; and the loss of his favorite receiver. 5 touchdowns against the 7th ranked Defense in the league? And in 90-degree heat?

This team has no D, no running game... But it has Tom Brady... That gives the Patriots a chance every Sunday...GO PATS LETS GO

Didn't see the game thread, were people seriously blaming politics for the defense being bad?
Yeah, but most were trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back