PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Texans @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a pleasure to watch. 3rd and 12; 3rd and 18. 375 yards 5 TDs vs. an elite defense. Had no running game. Barely a defense behind him.

An all time Brady putting the team on his back game. Incredible!

Wait I thought we were down three touchdowns from the thread reactions. :D

Or 25 points :)... ring a bell?

Lots of work to do, but a W is a W, TFB seems to be communicating a bit better with BFC, and we can all step back from the ledge now.

Awesome game!!! well defense was a little scary. lol but hey a wins a win! Obviously Brady and Cooks were awesome, so glad to see them getting on same page, but don't want to forget Amendola, not big stats but always seems like he comes up with that 1st down when we desperately need it, that last was amazing! I'm so glad I can be in a good mood the rest of the day now ;)

Great comeback win but wow this defense needs to get it together if we are gonna have any real shot at a SB. They just let the TEXANS...........carve them up.............THE FREAKING TEXANS...............that being said, great comeback win. It's still early so I'll try to remain optimistic.

They really struggle against mobile running QBs.

They need to improve by a lot. Defense still wins come playoffs

Another Sunday another Brady comeback, he had it all the way.

As I wrote in my inital post to the live game thread.. without Cannon this game would definitely not be sexy or a blowout. In the end the only thing that counts is that we got the W.

There were some good flashes on the defense as well as on the offense but things are not clicking fully yet. Again, to all the doom and gloomers from week 1 and the ridiculously optimistic from week 2, this is a work in progress and a prognosis of where the team will go wont be possible until the mid point of the season.

Brady had some brainfarts as well as unbelievably clutch plays and while him and Cooks will get all the media attention for connecting on that TD I just wanna highlight once again Amendola with some big, clutch catches throughout the game.

Go crazy folks..

This is the type of game that should remind everybody how lucky we are to have Tom Brady. Magical last drive. Wow!

That being said... we have a lot of work to do especially on defense. September preseason nearly over. Time to get much better. In BB I trust.

69e2825576c931a128d135a5789e4bce--baby-goats-animals-photos.jpg

Now if they can just find a way to pick up a 2nd and 1 or a 3rd and 1. Pass blocking is fair but run blocking sucks. Thank the gods for TB12!!!

Brady is just sick. Not sure how many fans can feel almost certain that their QB will score in a situation like that. I think other than Pats fans the number is zero.

TB is an assassin. Harmon closes so many games with interceptions. Didn't always like the way the game played out, but I love the way that our boys fought back and did what they needed to do in order to win.

By the way, for as ferocious and menacing as the Texans defense looked, Brady still threw for nearly 400 yards, along with 5 touchdowns. Incredible.

Cooks trade looks very, very good in retrospect.

Concerns: Our run game needs to step up a bit, particularly in short yardage scenarios. We haven't converted some of the 1- or 2-to-go downs this season. Additionally, it looks like there's still some miscommunication in the secondary. I expect both of these areas to improve over the season, and we'll see the total points allowed drop to a more reasonable level.

They reallystruggle against mobile running QBs.

No, they dont struggle particularly against mobile quarterbacks.

The lack of pass rush is by design in order to contain said QB which worked mostly well against Watson. There were a lot of missed tackles and bad edge discipline on some plays though that need to be cleaned up.

I dont get how after years and years people still dont understand how BB/Patricia are defending against mobility.

Brady has been ridiculous. I just hope he doesn't wear out his arm in 16 games.

Tom... do you need a bodyguard?

0015433c642e20962db155f6bb6aab37.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back