PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Texans @ Pats....Onto the AFC Championship Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...it was three turnovers not 4 right?

Why are people saying 4

1) We need to re-sign Ryan and Harmon.

2) I don't wanted to see us play ATL.
1) agree
2) we would score 50 on that d and our D would do a better job in them than anyone they faced all year.

Lewisbowl.
Top playmaker on both sides: 3 TDs 3 TOs.

I like bennett but has to provide more. Seem's like he's always nicked up. I would be concerned about giving him a long contract.

Houston had four scoring drives.

The first one featured a silly 15 yard penalty against Eric Rowe after the Patriots had gotten a stop on 3rd down. That opened the door for them to get down the field for a FG.

The second one came after a tipped pass INT of Brady, giving Houston the ball on the Patriots' 27 yard line. They gained 6 yards and then kicked a FG.

The third one came on the fumbled kickoff, giving the Texans the ball at the Patriot 12. That led to a TD.

The fourth one came off another tipped pass INT of Brady, giving the Texans the ball at the NE 34. They gained 6 yards and then kicked a FG.

So that's 16 points. 13 of them were due to being given a short field by bad, uncharacteristic turnovers. And the other 3 came thanks to a stupid penalty which kept the drive alive.

In other words, the Pats' defense played really well.

2 key plays that won't show up.. the Floyd target that was almost picked. And the drop from the Texans #2 receiver in the end zone. That would have at least made the game closer.
The Pats still would have won.

Hogan, Bennett and Mitchell will be the stories next week. All hands on deck. The Pats are now at the point a subpar game gets them booted out.

Man I am glad Lewis is healthy though :) It is clear now how much they were saving him. He was in their on a lot of plays. That will continue and we will see little of White as long as Lewis is healthy.

Good news is the D came out fully healthy. If Ryan keeps this up 2 more games this D will be nasty. When the Pats have good play from their #2 CB their D really steps up to the next level.

I believe this D will shut down KC mostly and I believe this O will have a good game vs the Pitt D. and dare them to match against our good D.

C2L5baGXcAEpjgf.jpg

Amendola hopefully he gets things going next week, also I'd like to see Mitchell in there because he was so good for us before Floyd joined us.

Also I'd like us to play White a bit more and run the ball a bit more.

Agreed. I was thinking this was a good game to at least knock the rust off and get Danny back into the flow.

It seems the Pats always come out a little sloppy or flat after the post season bye. I have no doubt that they will play better next week. They'll have to. I'm a little more nervous about the NFC though. Falcons looked the part today. Can't wait for tomorrow to get the Championship games locked.

Meh, I'll take whomever. We can stop their run game and Matty will grow some picks. We will score at will. Obviously anything can happen a la this game.

But the Texans had some of the worst QB play in the league. Thats why they Pats ended up killing them even though they turned it over 4x.

I understand that people will belittle the performance because it was against the Texans but in the end given the amount of turnovers and field position they were left with they still got the job done.

2 key plays that won't show up.. the Floyd target that was almost picked. And the drop from the Texans #2 receiver in the end zone. That would have at least made the game closer.
The Pats still would have won.
The Pats also dropped some passes and failed to score a TD from the one foot line.
I think it all kind of evened out.

I think somewhat will blow the Pats out of the water on Ryan.. after this showcase certainly.

Why don't you wanna play ATL ?

Still wasn't pretty. Another QB would have taken advantage. This team's goint golfing if they bring this type of game next week.

It's pointless to speak in hypotheticals. They won by 18 with three turnovers. We could just as easily say "If it were another defense the Pats offense would have taken advantage."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents