PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Texans @ Pats....Onto the AFC Championship Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston was angry. Looking back, Houston's D knew they had to play at 150% to even have a shot. Add in a couple errors by NE and we still won by 3 scores. If we can win by that much even when playing our worst and a playoff team playing their best (spirit wise too), I feel confident we will win next week. I applaud Houston for trying. That D earned my respect.

Osweiler is incredibly bad

I'm not saying you're wrong, but Osweiler is, basically, a system QB who's not running his system. His game worked in Denver, but it doesn't translate to what BOB is trying to do in Houston.

BOB is either going to have to overhaul his scheme or write Osweiler off.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but Osweiler is, basically, a system QB who's not running his system. His game worked in Denver, but it doesn't translate to what BOB is trying to do in Houston.

BOB is either going to have to overhaul his scheme or write Osweiler off.
But those missed throws were in the dirt or way way wide. He's had all year to at least learn some of BOBs system and he's NFL talent. Our D looked great but he is utterly pathetic

I wonder if the Texans keep Larry Izzo; has their Special Teams been bad all the time or just when they play us?

But those missed throws were in the dirt or way way wide. He's had all year to at least learn some of BOBs system and he's NFL talent. Our D looked great but he is utterly pathetic

Yes..... He can't play in BOB's system. He should never have left Denver. Kubiak's system was perfect for protecting Osweiler from ..... Osweiler

They needed an ugly win like this. They played terrible and they all know it.

Now they can get to work, learn from the mistakes, clean up the rust and prepare for next week.

Should see a much more crisp and complete team next Sunday.

FCB02062 at 10:02 EST in the game thread:
"Pitchers and catchers in 6 weeks... Pats r toast....fukicng pathetic"

The trash needs to be taken out. I swear, from the word usage of his posts historically, he is Shank.

Last edited:
Yes..... He can't play in BOB's system. He should never have left Denver. Kubiak's system was perfect for protecting Osweiler from ..... Osweiler

Just to follow this up:

Had Osweiler stayed with the Broncos, and the Texans gone with another QB, that could actually have helped both teams out. Denver might have made the playoffs, and the Texans might have gotten a higher seed, or at least have been a better overall team.

FCB02062 at 10:02 EST in the game thread:

"Pitchers and catchers in 6 weeks... Pats r toast....fukicng pathetic"

The trash needs to be taken out.

Are you still a mod? Could you consider taking out this trash? Or ask @Ian to...

aqApbnV.png

Osweiler is incredibly bad

I don't agree he is incredibly bad. I do think he is, obviously, not at an elite level and he is not even an average NFL QB level. But considering his Denver performances too, he is not incredibly bad. And to be fair to him he did make some good throws. That dropped TD pass in the endzone was 40+ yards in the air and it was 100% dead solid perfect on the spot. His receivers dropped a few balls that would have helped him/Houston a lot. And on other plays when sucky CBS would give the wide camera shot of the field, Brock was F'd! the Patriots coverage was 100% and our pass rush was a quick tightening noose. That has to be any QBs worst nightmare.

A couple of interesting stats: Brock was tied with Alex Smith for average sacks per game (tied for 11th overall with 2.0 times sacked per game). Assuming sacks per game translates to a similar hurry %, the Patriots D appeared to overperform in the area of hurries. While quarter one was not the Patriots' pass rush's finest moment, quarter 2 onward Brock was getting hurried regularly. And that is in part thanks, IMHO, to the Patriots coverage. Brock was forced to hold the ball longer than normal and that makes Brock or any QBs look worse. Yet no doubt next week we'll face a significantly better QB in Smith or Ben.

We played like absolute garbage and won by 18.

I get the apprehension, but if you're one who is "worried" about next week, you shouldn't be.

This team will be laser focused and won't be as rusty and sloppy as they were tonight.

We played like absolute garbage and won by 18.

I get the apprehension, but if you're one who is "worried" about next week, you shouldn't be.

This team will be laser focused and won't be as rusty and sloppy as they were tonight.

Sure hope so. The O seemed slow tonight..best word I can use. Slow to react to rushers, routes seemed slow. Maybe more of them have a bit of the bug than we know. I am looking for a faster game next week and the morose nature of their attitude post game would seem to indicate a performance such as this not happening next week with a trip to Houston on the line.

It might not have been the best game ever but we won and are onto the AFC Championship game it's hard to complain about that.

Strange to come out of a game the Patriots largely controlled, were never really threatened, and still feel relief to get the W even in light of the fact the team won by 18 points.

Logan Ryan, take a bow. Clearly, and I do mean clearly, the best player on the field tonight.

Strange to come out of a game the Patriots largely controlled, were never really threatened, and still feel relief to get the W even in light of the fact the team won by 18 points.

Logan Ryan, take a bow. Clearly, and I do mean clearly, the best player on the field tonight.

Its because of the 2 interceptions.. and the fumble on the kick off. + The offense just didn't get into ryhtham at all in first half. I think they ran like 6 plays vs 25 plays for the Texans at 1 point. And were up 14-6 because of a kick off return by Dion.

And Brady made some great throws going down the field.. but some of those throws against a blitz just looked like prayer throws, in the 1st half. It just didn't look pretty.

Are you still a mod? Could you consider taking out this trash? Or ask @Ian to...

I didnt even have to look to see who it was :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick