PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats @ Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trent brown hoping for a pay day....he won’t be getting it from the pats.

I’ll take the L on defensive tackle as a first round draft need. Just make the run gashing stop.

Samuels is a receiving rb with a sub 3.0 ypc enterting today. Embarrassing.

The defense would be sneaky great if the DL didn’t blow chunks vs. the run. Heck of a job vs. AB/Juju, shame.

Offense....I don’t even know.

Soft in the trenches on both offense and defense, WRs that can’t get open when Gronk is getting double and triple teamed, LBs that are more suited for 2001 than 2018. We have a lot of problems. This is just not a good football team. We’re not going anywhere this year and we BADLY need a draft like we had in 2010.

If they can knock this next draft class out they should be sitting good. I like the way the secondary played today. Gilmore is a stud and JC Jackson did such a good job on Schuster today. Excited to see what would happen if they can steal a well rounded DT and ILB in this draft or via free agency.

Our D held Steelers to 17 points, 17! We should have No Huddled Hurry Up them. You see how gassed their D was at times. Running slowing game down was not way to go especially against Pitt.

Josh Gordon ain't that guy. 1 catch lol...
I mean, they had him off the field for the last play. Why? Who knows.

Thing is, can you pin this loss on any one facet of the team? The run defense was again atrocious on the road, but at the end of the day, they only gave up 17 points. But yet another game this season were we all still pretend it's unusual for Brady to make a terrible decision. Yet another game where we still pretend it's only a matter of time before Gronk or Edelman return to their former selves. Yet another game with some questionable coaching decisions. Yet another game of sloppy, halfassed football. This team sucks.

It’s time to draft a QB. Brady was pedestrian. I mean he wasn’t terrible but he wasn’t what we’ve come to expect. It’s time to draft our qb of the future

Sony Michel is good and could get better but runningbacks are a dime a dozen I still hate the pick.
Wynn getting injured was a fluke not addressing Linebacker til the 5th made no sense.
JC Jackson is a star
If we get Braxton Berrios to step in and replace Edelman next season that will help.
We looked real good with the 2 rookie linebackers have potential.
Duke Dawson should earn snaps.
The draft wasnt terrible.
If Wynn becomes a stud and Michel stays healthy and develop.

Unfortunately, this will be the first time in a long time that the pats don’t make it to the afcc......they will have a wild card game at home and probably win it, but they’re on the road the next week and aren’t good enough to beat a playoff team on the road

Usually this team is so much more disciplined. I wonder if the players are tuning Belichick out. Something isn't right...

Well sad to say but this team is nothing like the sb teams. 3 losses in the second half when we should be picking up steam and one was a blowout loss. The 2 seed is still well within reach but we have a porous run d and have had way more mental breakdowns than usual. Not a good sign for any potential playoff run. Hard to be hopeful, i have seen bad looking teams catch fire in a bottle, some were 10-6 or 9-7, but i just wouldn’t count on it. This team are mental midgets compared to the ones of old , and that includes brady.

The steelers are a mess right now and continued to be a mess, but we still managed to out suck them. Defense did their part overall but the offense laid a massive egg. Red zone offense especially continues to be horrid. Jmd was awful, brady was awful in the second half, wr s sucked, tackles sucked. What a failure.

Whatever, im thankful for the good yesrs and the fact that we’ll have at least a playoff game to look forward to this year. Unfortunately this team looks more like 2009 than any of the super bowl teams.

This is a bad football team that will lose on its home field in the wild card round. 2009 all over again

Such a genius! A true WTF!
Hope watching the games knowing the painful outcomes gives you a kick..

This team has a nasty habit of playing to it's competition.

Not giving up but playing WCW is not ideal

Honestly at this point I almost prefer playing on WCW. The only way the offense can dig itself out of the hole is by constantly grinding and grinding. Hell if they win the AFC East next week I would not even give them any t-shirts or hats after the game in any celebratory manner. Let them have them on the way out in a bag.

And yes I understand the implications in terms of injury risk, one more game and playing twice on the road. But the only way they can maybe (and thats a big maybe) fix whatever the issue is on offense is to work through it without a week of break in between.

Yes I know we lost but I like what the team did with ab, juju et al.
You won’t hold Brady to 10 points many times. Too many false starts, few drops.
The sky isn’t falling and this is from the sky is falling guy.

Do you guys realize they lost like 100 yards in penalties at the offensive line? Brady played well besides one horrible play (again.).

Josh Gordon’s two targets should be enough for McDouche’s pink slip, but it won’t be.

Not to mention three or four absolutely brutal drops.

Brady wasn’t the problem today.

Carry over effect from bubble bursting last week in signature bubye to dynasty loss in Miami..

Losing that game in brutal stupidity and with it playoff position.. it seemed like beginning of the end since those are games belichick and Brady do not lose...

Losing to Steelers with horrible officiating , and penalties , the second kick in the balls way to lose..., now leaves the season in jeopardy along with the dynasty.. losing sucks.. Brady hates it as much as the fans ... He's thinking of retirement right now.
Fat lady singing .. time to book another trip to Manila... :cool:. Don't think there is much left to say .. it was a great run.. it's over...

It’s time to draft a QB. Brady was pedestrian. I mean he wasn’t terrible but he wasn’t what we’ve come to expect. It’s time to draft our qb of the future
It was the playcalling and pass rush.
Plus Brady aside from Gordon has no weapons in the passing game.
Give him Pitts receivers we are undefeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes