PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Pats destroy the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
White does ok on draws and surprises but we aren’t going mire run heavy because of him.

No we will because of Sony and the limited talent down the field they'll be more balanced.

We rely on it, especially again good run defenses.

They run it vs ****ty run defenses as well. With Patterson why not have it in the playbook? Get a 225lb load on a jet sweep vs Gronk/Allen pulling vs 190lb CBs...

Probably but they are similar.
The defense certainly didn’t carry us to sbs.

Of course not but as the D improved, the titles came.

No we will because of Sony and the limited talent down the field they'll be more balanced.
Look if you think we should ride Sony Michel instead of Tom Brady I just don’t know what to tell you.

They run it vs ****ty run defenses as well. With Patterson why not have it in the playbook? Get a 225lb load on a jet sweep vs Gronk/Allen pulling vs 190lb CBs...
I don’t understand your argument here. I am saying they overrely on gimmick running plays because we cannot line up and control a game with our running game.

Of course not but as the D improved, the titles came.
I disagree. As the offensive philosophy moved toward putting it as much in Brady’s shoulders as possible the titles came.

Look if you think we should ride Sony Michel instead of Tom Brady I just don’t know what to tell you.

I never said such a thing. I implied Sony is the bellcow RB.

In other posts what I did say was I do believe because of the talent in the backfield and questions at TE and WR2, 3 and 4, the offense will be more possession focused and that will include more running that you have seen in past playoff runs.

I don’t understand your argument here. I am saying they overrely on gimmick running plays because we cannot line up and control a game with our running game.

There isn't an argument. Pats haven't been a smashmouth running team since 04. A jet sweep isn't a gimmick running play anymore. Pats have embraced the play (as have other teams) as part of their regular offense. Times are changing....

I disagree. As the offensive philosophy moved toward putting it as much in Brady’s shoulders as possible the titles came.

This is a circular argument.

Imagine thinking jet sweeps are "gimmicks"

Have there been any updates on dmc/wise??

Actually the Niners were founded in 1946 along with the Browns as member of the AAFC. They both joined the NFL in 1950 along with the original Baltimore Colts. The 566 wins (now 570 through this season) includes those seasons in the AAFC.
Thanks, man.

Just further emphasizes that those teams significantly ahead of us played an additional fifteen or more seasons.

Like I said, a motivated Shelton will be key to a SB run. Y’all laughed at me. Keep it up big (fat) guy :D

As I've been saying from the start, they don't need Shelton to be a monster. They just need him to be 2016 Branch instead of 2017 Branch. For far too much of this season, he's been the latter. It would be great if he could be the former during the playoffs.

Just finished rewatching the Jets game after getting bored watching Bowl games. No volume because I did not want to torture myself listening to Dan Fouts. These are my observations and thoughts:

* Rob Gronkowski looked Gronkish on his 1st scoring drive reception. The throw was low and slightly behind him, but he bent and twisted to catch the ball and turned upfield for some YAC. Then, although it was called back because of Allen’s penalty, he showed some old Gronk explosion splitting a couple of Jets and rumbling downfield. If I’m a DC preparing to play the Pats in the playoffs, I might be thinking Gronk might have a couple of explosive plays in him after all based on those two plays.

* I like Phil Dorsett and the versatility of his game and how he catches the ball. Would like to know the answer to the mystery as to why he totally disappeared when Gordon arrived and what Brady meant when he said how he liked “the way Phil handled things this season”.

* Danny Shelton was the one who got driven out of his lane allowing the long Darnold run which set up their FG. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a a big man like himself be so easily turned. Poor balance offsets his size and strength.

* The patriots do an okay job playing the run as long as their front alignment is not too light, but there are a lot of opponent runs that look like they’re not going anywhere only to end up being sizable gains. I think it’s because they play so much man in the secondary that run support from the secondary is not what it would be if they played more zone.

*No excuse for Brady missing that pass in the end zone to Hogan so badly, but it looked like a Jet got some late pressure up the middle forcing Brady to change the release point of at the last moment to get the ball over the defenders out reached arms.

* Think I know why McDaniels insists on having White run with the ball in the red zone so much rather than running it with Michel. Neither are pile movers and most likely Michel just can’t be trusted to pick up the blitzes. McDaniels probably doesn’t want to be so predictable by bringing Michel in only on running plays. I’d rather he risk being more predictable myself.

*Congratulations to the Patriots for clinching another 1st round bye. It’s a great accomplishment especially given what they had to overcome. Too many on this board wanted to ignore or deny the controversies of last off season, but they did exist and were a serious threat to this season. On top of that, you had to overcome injuries and a suspension which forced them to rebuild their receiving personnel on the fly plus serious and limiting injuries to their HOF QB and TE not to mention the whole Josh Gordon thing.

*This has been one of Bill Belichick’s best coaching jobs. The QB did his legacy proud by not missing a meaningful snap and leading this team to victories with a leg that at times couldn’t be relied on to not buckle. Belichick, Brady and Robert Kraft are men not gods; they possess flaws and make mistakes. But, they are winners and champions. We are not worthy, but I for one have surely enjoyed the ride. And, the ride is not over. Perhaps, Atlanta awaits and another Lombardi will be added to the trophy case. Let’s enjoy the playoffs my friends. Go Pats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye