PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Pats @ Bucs

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Kevin Duffy of MassLive

This was the first time since 2008 that the Pats won a game in which they scored fewer than 20 points and lost the turnover battle.

Under Bill Belichick, the Pats were 5-31 in such situations.

Fascinating

This was the first time since 2008 that the Pats won a game in which they scored fewer than 20 points and lost the turnover battle.

Fascinating
Most teams are probably 5-31 in such situations, though it does highlight the Pats'
dependance on the offense to produce close wins over the past 8 seasons.

Fascinating

That is a really cool stat, I'd be interested to see the leaguewide numbers as a baseline. I'd be willing to bet that everyone has a terrible winning percentage in that situation, likely even worse.

I'll take it! No Gronk, short travel week, J.Mac changing O. Again, Amendola comin through when needed. Hopefully D has something to build on in these comin 10 days before jets* game.

Is Malcolm Mitchell due back week 6?

Mitchell is eligible to return after week 6 (or at any point thereafter, IIRC). As far as whether he will, who knows. I hope he's one of the returns, since relying on Amendola and Gronk to stay healthy is worrisome and he could help mitigate against that. There's a few good candidates, though, and only two can come back, so it'll be interesting to see who it ends up being. McClellin and Valentine could also be really helpful if they can get healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft