PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take the win. It was ugly but it wasn't beautiful either. The refs had some effect on the game with bad calls and no calls. They played the Jets and the Jets QB was out.

This is not the team I expect after Thanksgiving, they have a lot of work to do if they are to get to the SB. Maybe I am expecting too much from them at this time. Sure I know they are 8-3, one game behind KC but I also know that other teams are helping the Pats like Denver yesterday. I don't think this team playing at this level just before December can win the conference game or the SB.

Let's hope they can get it all together in one game and those after through the SB.

Go Pats.
The jets best QB played.

So Pittsburgh is eliminated? Since we can’t make the Sb playing at a level of a 14 point win against a team with a losing record then their 7 point loss eliminates them right?

One more divisional win by the Pats + one more divisional loss by the 'Fins ...
--- OR ---
Two more Pats wins + one more loss of any kind by the Fins ...

... and it's over.

The lolphins, from 3-0 to 5-6 at the blazing speed of mediocrity.

Agree, Waddle played poor yesterday...Thought Andrews was bad too on the On-line.

LA Waddle got 7 of the most dangerous snaps that could be given to a player. Brady took a dangerous shot courtesy of Waddle. The man's a menace who shouldn't be active.

Kontra, agree with everything you wrote although I thought Gronk looked better against the Jets than he has looked all year, hoping for "that Gronk" the rest of the way.

Brady said the team is not where they need to be. So while we should enjoy the W and the 8-3 record, there is still plenty to be concerned with. The DT position against the run, the general lack of speed and athleticism at LB, the lack of consistent play by any CB not named “Gilmore,” Gronk looking like a shadow of his former self, Gordon’s inability (to date) to get separation down the field, how the #1 RB holds up against the pounding of an NFL schedule, the depth behind Michel, and interior pass protection struggling at times. Lots to improve upon. It’s concerning that, this late into November, the team still hasn’t put together a complete game on both sides of the ball.

Vito Stellino

The Steeler loss puts Pats in positing to be No. 2 seed. If they win out and Chiefs lose a game, Pats will be back in familiar position of having No. 1 seed. They're trying to become 1st team to lose SB one year and win it next since 1972 perfect Dolphins.

------------------

Vito Stellino? Wow! What a great name.

Someone needs to let Vito know that those two SB appearances by Shula's Dolphins (1971 & 72) are tainted and should have an asterisk next to them. The Dolphins and Shula lost a 1st round pick and were fined for cheating in 1970.
72 Dolphins were nothing special. They had a cupcake schedule. 14 games with only 2 teams at 8-6 and 2 teams at 7-7. Other 10 under 500

The jets best QB played.

So Pittsburgh is eliminated? Since we can’t make the Sb playing at a level of a 14 point win against a team with a losing record then their 7 point loss eliminates them right?

Just to qualify, the Jets QB had his best day in a very long time or ever. How does that happen?

Michel could very realistically hit 1,000 yard this season. For a rookie in this offense, with the amount of games he missed, that's very impressive.

Just to qualify, the Jets QB had his best day in a very long time or ever. How does that happen?

That's like, not even remotely close to being true. So I can't tell if your post is tongue-in-cheek or not.

That's like, not even remotely close to being true. So I can't tell if your post is tongue-in-cheek or not.

Ok, here are the facts: McCown has only played (started) two games this season. He hasn't played in another games this season. One against Buffalo and the Jets score 10 points. The other was against the Pats the Jets score was 13 points. Fact: McCown had his best game this season. Not Remotely Close....Wrong! Best game this season. Next

Michel could very realistically hit 1,000 yard this season. For a rookie in this offense, with the amount of games he missed, that's very impressive.

He’d need almost 100 yards per game. Possible but I think 900-950 is more realistic.

Ok, here are the facts: McCown has only played (started) two games this season. He hasn't played in another games this season. One against Buffalo and the Jets score 10 points. The other was against the Pats the Jets score was 13 points. Fact: McCown had his best game this season. Not Remotely Close....Wrong! Best game this season. Next
You are joking right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye