PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not the Cache .....Ive tried very browser on mobile....some come through some dont. Ive even tried to look at them back end code and cant find a way to fix it...

I just posted a tweet of the DBs in their "tshirts and hats" and it just worked. One refresh later it didn't anymore. Doubt its client-side.

Of course there is a reason, but I haven't heard a credible reason. Hogan looks similar as he always has. Gronk cannot run, but he looks restricted by his back. Hogan is not injured, hasn't lost speed or hands or ability to read defenses or run routes, at least as far as I can tell.

Here's an idea....just have Edelman and White coming out of the backfield as a receiver and the rest of the receivers be like Gronk and just block.....oh hold it....we are already doing that.
Sick of this idiotic lame offence.

That makes sense, but who is getting the looks? Hogan and Dorsett with zero targets on a day where we get only 126 yards in the air. You would like to threaten all parts of the field, but Brady threw maybe one pass longer than 10 yards ( in the air). Nothing on the perimeter. I don't understand that.

You would have to check the A22 to see where Brady is looking relative to Hogan. But my feeling is that he is suffering the same situation that Dorsett had last year. Running decoy routes and blocking because Brady rarely gets that far in his progressions / playcalls use him just to create space / misdirection.

Um.. the fumble , and he's an injury waiting to happen.

Really don't see much he did wrong on the fumble. Unless you want to argue that he should have not fought for more yards and gone down sooner.

Any player is an injury waiting to happen.

Steelers are loaded talent wise. Imagine Belichick with that team?

Random thoughts from the game:

I am assuming Brady is hurt. He looks off and can't get in a rhythm. There is still zip on his throws but he looks uneasy back there. Maybe Burkhead broke the wrong way on the INT and obviously Gronk blew it on that second one but even aside from the picks Brady didn't look good. Basically 2 weeks with one somewhat lucky TD pass in each game and some bad interceptions.

That brings me to Gronk. I hate to say it because I am as big a Gronk homer as there is but he looks done. Zero separation, bad drops, holding calls, and not even many looks his way. The injuries have finally taken there toll and I am sad to say we are watching his last few games in a Patriots uniform.

A win against the Jets and we have a desperately needed first round bye. A week of rest for Brady (and everyone really) and one less playoff game. Just need to take care of business against the Jets.

The running game looked great. Huge holes created by the O-line, Develin and the TE's and good running by all the RB's and Patterson. Hopefully Patterson's injury is nothing serious and we grind it out next week injury free. A productive running game may be what we need to win in the postseason with the way the passing game looks. Kills the clock, helps the defense rest, and hopefully will open up things for Brady and the passing attack.

It is not the Cache .....Ive tried very browser on mobile....some come through some dont. Ive even tried to look at them back end code and cant find a way to fix it...
Other Boards have the same problem so must be something with Twitter, other boards I frequent we cut and paste the tweet for those who cant see it.

Umm.. Gronk was targeted with a pass during the 1st series of the 3rd quarter... It went through his hands for an interception..

I stand corrected but the point is the same

Saints failed to read the blueprint on stopping the Steelers from the pats d last week.

I can’t see them anymore on mobile either. This started this week. Just the Twitter icon shows up. Definitely frustrating
Yup. I use my iPhone for this site and now can’t see the tweets

Can you be specific as to which games Hogan has gotten consistently open and has gotten ignored by Brady? I find it hard to believe that, with the rapport that those two have had in the last two years, that Brady is ignoring him for the hell of it. There’s a reason.

I can't today because my mind sees these things but I can't remember the actual games but I suggest you review the Pittsburgh game for starters where Brady threw three over the head of Gronk in the end zone. Sorry . I think Hogan caught one for a good reception and one that was PI that was the last he saw the ball but was open on more than one pass. Hope that helps

I stand corrected but the point is the same
Gronk had 3 targets, but 0 receptions. Hogan and Dorsett combined for 0 targets. Patterson had 1 for 3 yards. White had 2 receptions for 13 yards. Passing game looks seriously messed up. Brady with some bad throws looked frequently confused.

Here's an idea....just have Edelman and White coming out of the backfield as a receiver and the rest of the receivers be like Gronk and just block.....oh hold it....we are already doing that.
Sick of this idiotic lame offence.
They won. Get accustomed to watching this style of offense.

Gronk had 3 targets, but 0 receptions. Hogan and Dorsett combined for 0 targets. Patterson had 1 for 3 yards. White had 2 receptions for 13 yards. Passing game looks seriously messed up. Brady with some bad throws looked frequently confused.
Bills have a very good pass D but it was ugly

Giving me Phil Perry's tweet on his speculation doesn't mean a damn thing.

The fact that you think the organization wouldn't "officially know about Brady's MCL injury" is laughable. With how these players are watched and film reviewed..

Brady could have chosen to change up his routine for any number of reasons.. But yeah.. Let's claim that it's an injury that the Brady is hiding from the team....

It's not speculation. He was at the game, were you? Another tweet from someone who was at the game:

One more time, it's not hard to get around that rule and if you don't think BB has his ways of circumventing that rule, you're being naive. After all, it was his listing of Brady as "probable- right shoulder" for years that caused the NFL to tweak that rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe