PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect Brady has an injury, but no one is going to say and he is going to play. Getting a bye gives him an extra week to heal. If our passing game is our biggest worry going forward, I oddly feel pretty good about that. Because we have seen that turn on a dime.

Is there a setting to change to be able to see tweets? I haven't been able to see tweets in the threads (other than the Twitter feed on the right) for quite some time.

Are you using Chrome? If you, try clearing out the cache and cookies manually..

I agree there, right now our run is our strength so that should be our plan of attack. We had alot of hollds in the first jets game iirc or we woulda had another monster ground game. We still need more out of the passing game though so there is some kind of balance.
Agreed.
I think that in the playoffs, against great teams, we’ll need the passing game. We aren’t gonna put up 40 points pounding the rock, and there may very well be a game where we need 30-40 points. I think there will be a point that we’ll need the passing game to look like it has in the past. Brady will have to do his thing. We’ve seen it this year, so I’m not ruling it out.

Still, if I had to bet, it won’t look like that next Sunday

Is there a setting to change to be able to see tweets? I haven't been able to see tweets in the threads (other than the Twitter feed on the right) for quite some time.

It used to just work. I don't know if @Ian changed something or if Twitter changed some of their code when it comes to embedding. Either way I can see embedded tweets maybe 20% of times..

Can you be specific as to which games Hogan has gotten consistently open and has gotten ignored by Brady? I find it hard to believe that, with the rapport that those two have had in the last two years, that Brady is ignoring him for the hell of it. There’s a reason.
Of course there is a reason, but I haven't heard a credible reason. Hogan looks similar as he always has. Gronk cannot run, but he looks restricted by his back. Hogan is not injured, hasn't lost speed or hands or ability to read defenses or run routes, at least as far as I can tell.

It used to just work. I don't know if @Ian changed something or if Twitter changed some of their code when it comes to embedding. Either way I can see embedded tweets maybe 20% of times..
I can’t see them anymore on mobile either. This started this week. Just the Twitter icon shows up. Definitely frustrating

Of course there is a reason, but I haven't heard a credible reason. Hogan looks similar as he always has. Gronk cannot run, but he looks restricted by his back. Hogan is not injured, hasn't lost speed or hands or ability to read defenses or run routes, at least ad far as I can tell.
Which games? Where was he just sprinting wide open and why do you think Brady outright ignored him?

Agreed.
I think that in the playoffs, against great teams, we’ll need the passing game. We aren’t gonna put up 40 points pounding the rock, and there may very well be a game where we need 30-40 points. I think there will be a point that we’ll need the passing game to look like it has in the past. Brady will have to do his thing. We’ve seen it this year, so I’m not ruling it out.

Still, if I had to bet, it won’t look like that next Sunday

Right, if today’s any indication were a ways off and im definitely buying into the brady is hurt theory

Right, if today’s any indication were a ways off and im definitely buying into the brady is hurt theory
I could see it.

I still think the passing game would hit a rhythm if they tried to do so. It’s not going to look great when we’re going with 21, 22 personnel all the time and always under center. If we went 11 personnel and spread it out, I still believe we’d get it going. We’ve seen Brady do it this year. I actually thought his arm looked quite good the last couple weeks, even if he made some mistakes.
(Last couple weeks being MIA and PITT. I don’t think he looked that good today)

Which games? Where was he just sprinting wide open and why do you think Brady outright ignored him?
I never said that. Although there have been clips where he was open and Brady didn't get to him, but I don't have a file of Hogan clips. There was a stop and go against the Titans as I recall where Brady missed a TD. My question is, what do you think is different from last year in his skills? I am looking for something more than "he's no good anymore". It is just puzzling to me.

Last edited:

Try Firefox, I've had no issues, I think chrome and this site don't get along.

I never said that. (Although there have been clips where he was open and Brady didn't get to him, but I don't have a file of Hogan clips). What do you think is different from last year in his skills? I am looking for something more than "he's no good anymore".

I don't think Hogan changed much. I think the offensive design and playcalling has changed with Hogan often getting screwed. If we played with more empty sets / spread then Hogan would be more featured than in a lot of those 21 personnel groupings.

I have had the same issues on Firefox on Win10, Safari on MacOSX, Mobile Safari on the iPhone or iPad. I honestly think this must be a deeper issue.

It must be of the ghost of Christmas Present NumeroPimp136!

It must be of the ghost of Christmas Present NumeroPimp136!

Haven't seen that dude and any of his accounts in a while. Thanks for the blast from the past.

It is not the Cache .....Ive tried very browser on mobile....some come through some dont. Ive even tried to look at them back end code and cant find a way to fix it...

I don't think Hogan changed much. I think the offensive design and playcalling has changed with Hogan often getting screwed. If we played with more empty sets / spread then Hogan would be more featured than in a lot of those 21 personnel groupings.
That makes sense, but who is getting the looks? Hogan and Dorsett with zero targets on a day where we get only 126 yards in the air. You would like to threaten all parts of the field, but Brady threw maybe one pass longer than 10 yards ( in the air). Nothing on the perimeter. I don't understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe