PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Falcons @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones is being pathetically whiny, but don't misrepresent what he said, either.

He didn't say that NE caused the fog. He's saying that because of the fog NE should have stopped shooting fireworks/muskets/whatever because the visibility was already bad enough.

I'd say he's uh...probably making a fair point.

Some observations:

1. Cooks is a special, unique, and fun to watch player.
2. We ran the ball great.
3. Burkhead can play. He could def emerge for us another reliable weapon.
4. Bademosi played great tonight.
5. Marsh is a better football player than people give him credit for.
6. Refs were atrocious. Tried to steal the game from NE.
7. I thought Harris had done good moments but also some bad ones. I'm def not sold on the guy even tho I loved the signing at the time.

Edit to add: 8. Brady played great!
Can we stop with the 'refs tried to steal the game' thing. It's ludicrous. There are bad calls in every game. Reality says that the Pats gained first downs via penalty 3 times last night. The Falcons a big fat 0 times. The Pats had 8 flags called on them, the Falcons had 6. There were calls either way that were probably wrong, but there was nothing that even remotely influenced that game. Unless you want to count the roughing the passer call on the Falcons when TB threw his pick in the end zone.

Yeah. Anybody who's had a controlled burn pile in a valley understands that certain atmospheric conditions can leave the smoke cloud hanging in the air there. They're the same atmospheric conditions that allow a dense fog to settle in to a semi-enclosed space like it did last night.

What settled in at Gillette last night was almost certainly a combination of the two - often known as smog.

Can we stop with the 'refs tried to steal the game' thing. It's ludicrous.
This.

And fact is that last night, the single most significant call went in NE's favor, negating a Brady interception.

Can we stop with the 'refs tried to steal the game' thing. It's ludicrous. There are bad calls in every game. Reality says that the Pats gained first downs via penalty 3 times last night. The Falcons a big fat 0 times. The Pats had 8 flags called on them, the Falcons had 6. There were calls either way that were probably wrong, but there was nothing that even remotely influenced that game. Unless you want to count the roughing the passer call on the Falcons when TB threw his pick in the end zone.

And not only was the Gronk OPI the right call, but it was a move Gronk didn't need to make, and it slowed him down enough to cost him the chance to catch the ball in stride.

Hey everyone! I am of course jesting and do not actually want to put anyone on trial for treason...

refs were **** both ways last night. but they did cost us the panthers game

Pats need to allow 9.2 ppg the rest of the year to be lower than last year's points allowed total

Thats 85 Bears & 2000 Ravens-esque

Lol, I think they should have fired the muskets after every play. And brought in some cryo fog machines. Just add to the excitement.

On an unrelated note, cryo fog machines are great, fog so thick you can't see the person you're dancing with. One time was in a club and the dog cleared,girls strapless dress was around her waist. She had no idea for a good 5 seconds. My fondest cryo fog memory...

And not only was the Gronk OPI the right call, but it was a move Gronk didn't need to make, and it slowed him down enough to cost him the chance to catch the ball in stride.

Yeah I was annoyed at that move by Gronk, he knows he is a point of emphasis for OPI and they use him as a specific example in Ref film. He should be smarter than that

Which was the correct call, so I'm good with that one. It's all the ones against the Pat's that are totally unfounded

Each Matt Ryan scramble was enabled by an Atlanta OL holding one of our guys at the point of attack. I was yelling at the TV for penalties on all of them.

That being said, the refs seemed to do a decent job all in all. I thought the Gronk OPI was ticky-tack, but he clearly did push off a bit. Most of the longer passes had bumping and grabbing from both sides, but the refs mostly let it go.

The Falcons board I visited today had a lot of people demanding flags on the Pats for DPI or holding during their gamethread; just goes to show that we all watch these games through our own biased filters.

What about the phantom call on Gronk.
Now I'm not coming close to implying a fix or the refs are out to get us, but overall the falcons got the better of the refereeing.
Solder's call was shaky, defensive holding on DL, twice, again. And the Gronk call was a joke, and could have had a major impact, it resulted in something like 50 yards of field.

Whoa whoa whoa...I thought I had logged into PatsFans, instead I'm seeing reasonable posts with objective takes. What gives??

Check out Alford's aggressive play to blow up the lead block and prevent a TD:

Yeah, I backed that one up several times... pretty funny!

POS nfln* is showing games from this afternoon instead of talking about our game that just ended with review & interviews. If it were a Falcon's win, they would have been all over their win and saying how much we're in trouble, AFCE Blah Blah Blah! Joke!

You must have missed it then. As soon as the game clock hits zero. They show the SNF highlights.

You must have missed it then. As soon as the game clock hits zero. They show the SNF highlights.

It must have been a couple of mins as soon as game was over on NBC I switched over and they were doing highlights from afternoon games then came back to our game again just for a couple of mins.

It must have been a couple of mins as soon as game was over on NBC I switched over and they were doing highlights from afternoon games then came back to our game again just for a couple of mins.

Yeah those couple of minutes were when they showed the highlights. As soon as the clock hits zero in the game, they start airing the highlights. And then Tomlinson got on Quinn for his decision to go for it on 4th down twice early in the game.

Yeah those couple of minutes were when they showed the highlights. As soon as the clock hits zero in the game, they start airing the highlights. And then Tomlinson got on Quinn for his decision to go for it on 4th down twice early in the game.

Cool Thanx, I did see that later on in show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe