PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Falcons @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dominant statement win. The run D was awesome vs. an elite run game.

I was at the game in the 300s. Bademosi played a great game all night. It’s only two games but he looks to be a Ninkovich find at CB.

We are sneakily finding our best run game since 2012. Big for Tom.
How well could you see? It looked bad on TV.

Also. Pats will get the first seed if they stay healthy. I see them ready to really have a great 2nd half run no one in the AFC will be able to match. And they need to match it at the least.

We will see. Back to back against the donkeys and Raiduhs will be challenging.

22552624_1674330045947010_1008974382005767266_n.jpg

so the big question, im sure not a lot of people are going to want to hear.

Is the defense starting to Gel, or is removing gilmore from the equation letting the regulars get back into a rhythm?
It should be a wake up call for Gilmore and Rowe. Uncoordinated talent does not translate into wins. Fall in line or you will be left behind

Where's FCB? Is he gonna apologize to the defense?

Gasbaggarotti and Felcher need to be NUKED tomorrow afternoon. Little whiny negative twerp morons.
Felger guaranteed they were going to beat the Falcons.

Only pittsburgh worries me of the remaining teams.

Wake me up when they stop playing the zone blitz. I will never make the mistake of worrying about them again until they change that. Brady is just too good at destroying it.

Knee jerk reaction thoughts start with Gronk. He really needs to work on his push-offs. I dont care how ridiculous it looks and how stupid the call is. The refs have established that what he is doing will be called consistently and at this point he just needs to change his technique on impact. I have been saying this for over a year now that teams continued to whine to the league about his arm extensions to the point where they are a point of emphasis for every ref that is calling a game. Do I like it ? Nope, but what else can you do..

Second thought is that Marsh really, really needs to improve on his containment spacing. He screwed this up against the Jets and he let Ryan scramble 3 or 4 times tonight because he got up too high. Great that he redeemed himself with the FG block but setting the edge properly is very fixable and I hope that once we are past the BYE he wont screw this up that often anymore.

Apart from that the defense finally played a full game. They started to flash against TB, were fine against the Jets (but threw away a lot of their work with individual mistakes and third and long conversions) and today they finally played a full game.

I said it in the game thread and will say it again the lows early this season have not been as bad as they seemed and this victory today doesnt mean our defense is now good. They are a work in progress but are trending clearly into the right direction since the TB game.

Avoid injuries and keep winning games and we might just have a shot at the big one afterall.

Last edited:
After allowing 32 points per game the first 4 weeks, the Patriots have allowed just 12.7 ppg the last 3 games.

The number thru 7 games has now improved to 23.7 points allowed per game.

Holy crap, Charlie Weis needs to be put out to pasture. I'm about to get Wiggy wit it.

So I guess this D has some talent (plus some injured talent as well)..

Lombardi said Pats D has 4 major issues: communication, 1st down run D, and 3rd down plays on O and D.

They cleaned up nicely the first two in the last couple of games.
They certainly made a statement on 3rd downs O & D tonight.

major clean up done, better energy shows . now let's build up on this

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore