PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Cam is better than Hoyer and Stid. Belichick is NOT tanking. I just don't agree. Cam is starting because out of the three, at his best... Cam gives us the best chance to win football games. Belichick starts whoever gives us the best chance to win.. Hoyer isn't good at all and Stid is too green to be successful right now.

The Pats are looking at a top 10 pick. Given Bill the GM's drafting history of late, are folks confident he won't **** it up?

I'd like to know why the LBs coach still has a job. Oh wait.

The Pats are looking at a top 10 pick. Given Bill the GM's drafting history of late, are folks confident he won't **** it up?

If they have a chance for one of the three QBs, I’d hope he wouldn’t.

Not sure what the deal is with Beau Allen but this team seems woefully small on the DL and at LB. Losing Hightower really showed up big in a game like this.

I was told BB can plug any QB into the system and win what’s going on

I really don't understand what the big deal with the decision is.

When you break it down there was only a single favorable outcome which is a completed TD from the Buffalo 15 yard line after a pretty mediocre half, a couple inexperienced WRs and a lot of brainfarts in the last 3 games in similar situations.

If we had a timeout it is an entirely different story. But you can't just throw one up "just to try" unless you have a play for this yardage that you feel really good about. Especially not after how much of a clown show the offense has been in similar situations ever since Hoyer's meltdown against the Chiefs.

You risk 3 points for a low probability attempt.

yes, lawrence, fields, and lance are all really good prospects. a top 7 pick could net us Lance..

no it won’t if the kid is remotely close to the hype he’s not leaving the top 5

Why does everyone assume that a top 10 QB is some sort of sure thing when we see those players fail year after year after year? None of top 10 teams in the league were built that way yet many think that is an effective approach?
Because it's a surer thing than everything else. Brady in the 6th is a once in several generations type thing. A 4th round pick has a sub 5% chance of being a starter at best. Wilson and Dak are massive outliers.

Look at the starting QB's in this league. Tua, Allen, Darnold (soon to be replaced by Lawrence), Ben, Jackson, Burrow, Mayfield, Mahomes, Carr, Herbert, Lock (likely replaced by another 1st rounder), Rivers, Tannehill, Watson. Us and the Jaguars are the only teams in the conference without a first round QB and the Jags are likely replacing Minshew with a first round QB. Then in the NFC you have Rodgers, Stafford, Jones (likely being replaced by another 1st rounder), Wentz, Smith, Bridgewater, Ryan, Murray, Goff. Most of the league is first rounders, most being top 10. Even guys like Rodgers were just really lucky falls.

The reality is the way to get a QB is to get one in the first round. Yes it's flipping a coin, but flipping a coin is better than rolling 12 sided dice and needing to get snake eyes. Yes a 1st rounder is a lot of capital, but when you don't have a QB, you really need to take your best shot at flipping the coin even if you could miss.

In this league you are better off spending consecutive years spending a top pick on a QB than hoping to get lucky later in the draft or believing in the sunk cost fallacy. Arizona recognized this, the Jets are recognizing it, etc. You just can win consistently without one.

I really don't understand what the big deal with the decision is.

When you break it down there was only a single favorable outcome which is a completed TD from the Buffalo 15 yard line after a pretty mediocre half, a couple inexperienced WRs and a lot of brainfarts in the last 3 games in similar situations.

If we had a timeout it is an entirely different story. But you can't just throw one up "just to try" unless you have a play for this yardage that you feel really good about. Especially not after how much of a clown show the offense has been in similar situations ever since Hoyer's meltdown against the Chiefs.

You risk 3 points for a low probability attempt.

There are a few plays. Out routes, throwing the ball away, or throwing the ball into the EZ. Hoyer isn’t in the game. Cam is a former MVP. If you don’t have confidence in him on 3rd and 1 with 12 seconds left, then he should not be in the game. Plain and simple.

Cam really has a knack for making the one and only play you absolutely can’t make at a given moment. Pretty impeccable.

You should tell the Jags front office that. A pointless win in Oakland last season cost them the chance to draft Tua and knocked them down multiple draft slots. We’re not making the playoffs this year, so what good does a win do?
The minute you stop playing to win, you destroy the culture in your organization.

To be f
I personally think that title still belongs to Chris Harper, but *shrugs*.
To be fair that was a special teams coach/BB failure . In Denver, in the snow, up 14 in the 4th Q... no need to put rookie back there when we had Edelman and Chung doing it all season

The power in the AFC E has clearly shifted to Buf and likely Miami. The Pats have to leapfrog both of them.

The power in the AFC E has clearly shifted to Buf and likely Miami. The Pats have to leapfrog both of them.
Was not at all impressed by Buffalo today. I feel that they've been overrated. If Tua pans out watch out for Miami. They have decent coaching as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back