PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no it is not. What in the world are you talking about?
You think being a loser 3-13 team is better than being a competitive 8-8 team? That makes absolutely no sense

Because it's a surer thing than everything else. Brady in the 6th is a once in several generations type thing. A 4th round pick has a sub 5% chance of being a starter at best. Wilson and Dak are massive outliers.

Look at the starting QB's in this league. Tua, Allen, Darnold (soon to be replaced by Lawrence), Ben, Jackson, Burrow, Mayfield, Mahomes, Carr, Herbert, Lock (likely replaced by another 1st rounder), Rivers, Tannehill, Watson. Us and the Jaguars are the only teams in the conference without a first round QB and the Jags are likely replacing Minshew with a first round QB. Then in the NFC you have Rodgers, Stafford, Jones (likely being replaced by another 1st rounder), Wentz, Smith, Bridgewater, Ryan, Murray, Goff. Most of the league is first rounders, most being top 10. Even guys like Rodgers were just really lucky falls.

The reality is the way to get a QB is to get one in the first round. Yes it's flipping a coin, but flipping a coin is better than rolling 12 sided dice and needing to get snake eyes. Yes a 1st rounder is a lot of capital, but when you don't have a QB, you really need to take your best shot at flipping the coin even if you could miss.

In this league you are better off spending consecutive years spending a top pick on a QB than hoping to get lucky later in the draft or believing in the sunk cost fallacy. Arizona recognized this, the Jets are recognizing it, etc. You just can win consistently without one.
Not saying the Pats should not use a 1st round pick on a QB. All I am saying is I would rather they do their absolute best to win every game and let the chips fall where they may than try and tank like some are pushing for. I think tanking has all sorts of negative impacts to a team and gaining an extra 10 or so spots in draft order is not close to worth it. Now this team may end up with a top 10 pick anyways but I certainly hope they scratch and claw for victories in every game they play.

Oh stop sniffing Bill's jock strap. It was an atrocious call that led to a TD.

I think there's a better chance of Allen making a mistake driving the entire field than the Pats recovering an onside kick. It was a bad decision imo.

You think being a loser 3-13 team is better than being a competitive 8-8 team? That makes absolutely no sense

It makes a lot of sense, actually. You want to be a 8-8 team out of the playoffs that drafts in the middle of the pack, or 3-13 out of the playoffs that drafts in the top 5? You tell me.

Was not at all impressed by Buffalo today. I feel that they've been overrated. If Tua pans out watch out for Miami. They have decent coaching as well.
Flores sure righted the ship there in a hurry. Impressed

There are a few plays. Out routes, throwing the ball away, or throwing the ball into the EZ. Hoyer isn’t in the game. Cam is a former MVP. If you don’t have confidence in him on 3rd and 1 with 12 seconds left, then he should not be in the game. Plain and simple.
You don’t make a decision based upon a guy winning an award 5 years ago.
canmy has proved all season that when there is a potential way to screw things up, he will do it.

After 20 years of winning seasons, one 3-13 season is way, way better, than 8-8.

It makes a lot of sense, actually. You want to be a 8-8 team out of the playoffs that drafts in the middle of the pack, or 3-13 out of the playoffs that drafts in the top 5? You tell me.
I want to win. Being 3-13 and getting a higher pick doesn’t get me there. Being competitive and building around it does. Nfl history proves it.

You don’t make a decision based upon a guy winning an award 5 years ago.
canmy has proved all season that when there is a potential way to screw things up, he will do it.

I’m not going to get into that. He brought up Hoyer for some weird reason. Cam is light years ahead of him.

Is a After 20 years of winning seasons, one 3-13 season is way, way better, than 8-8.
No chance. Sucking to get a higher draft pick is a theory created by losers to find value in losing.
It just doesn’t work.

8-8 doesn’t get you there. 3-13 gets you closer to winning.
No it doesn’t. 3-13 destroys your team. But rather than yes I am no you’re not, give me some examples

Then we disagree because I see zero examples of teams tanking and it working.
Specifically which teams tanked and completely destroyed their culture? Make sure to specify teams where the coach treats each year (hell, each GAME) as its own entity.

Specifically which teams tanked and completely destroyed their culture? Make sure to specify teams where the coach treats each year (hell, each GAME) as its own entity.
There are many teams that had 3-13 or the like seasons and never recovered. Specifically who tanked and succeeded?

Not saying the Pats should not use a 1st round pick on a QB. All I am saying is I would rather they do their absolute best to win every game and let the chips fall where they may than try and tank like some are pushing for. I think tanking has all sorts of negative impacts to a team and gaining an extra 10 or so spots in draft order is not close to worth it. Now this team may end up with a top 10 pick anyways but I certainly hope they scratch and claw for victories in every game they play.
I just don't see the point in hurting your draft position when you are out of the playoffs. This team isn't winning out and at this point they kinda need to if they even want a shot.

Then we disagree because I see zero examples of teams tanking and it working.

It definitely didn’t help Indy when they tanked for Luck, right? What in the world are you smoking? Not to be an ass, but Jesus. Luck was worth the tanking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back