PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesn’t. 3-13 destroys your team. But rather than yes I am no you’re not, give me some examples
I see that 5-11 2019 Dolphins are really destroyed this season. If you rebuid the right way, with a plan, a high draft pick can get you that piece which can make the difference in the long run.
And Pats should be in that position if they make the right moves.

There are many teams that had 3-13 or the like seasons and never recovered. Specifically who tanked and succeeded?
Like who? Which ones tanked and completely destroyed their culture? There are “many teams” that did it, so this should be an easy answer.

No you don’t. LMFAOOOO.
He won't. Btw Colts. Tanked in 2011 and then instantly got back in business with Luck. Bad culture is bad culture and it doesn't matter where you are in the draft. Either you believe Belichick can implement a good culture or you can't. The issue the team has is talent. When you don't have talent all of a sudden you lose, players seem uniterested, they have no fight, and you get excuses.

Gonna have to agree with Ring6, tanking is for losers with a loser mentality. We will be back. Can BB pull another lotto pick and find theeee next superstar QB?

The team is bad on offense, result of years and years of a poor job by the GM ignoring that side of the ball. We are looking at a top 5 pick in the next draft.
And Bill will trade that down to the fourth round and take a cornerback from a Division III school that no one’s heard of… :)

Cam has made mistakes and has made some bad throws. He's trying. I honestly feel bad for him. He wants to succeed. Sucks it might not end the way he hopes.

Feel bad for him too. After hearing the Cam bashing all week I was enjoying watching him putting together a much improved game. That fumble was painful.

He won't. Btw Colts. Tanked in 2011 and then instantly got back in business with Luck. Bad culture is bad culture and it doesn't matter where you are in the draft. Either you believe Belichick can implement a good culture or you can't. The issue the team has is talent. When you don't have talent all of a sudden you lose, players seem uniterested, they have no fight, and you get excuses.
Exactly. This should be common sense. A better draft pick gives you more players available that you had on your board. A worse draft pick takes players away. It’s mind boggling that anyone who thinks BB is the GOAT is worried about losing the culture by cutting cap and losing out.

I'd like to know why the LBs coach still has a job. Oh wait.
What linebackers or defensive linemen for that matter?
There are many teams that had 3-13 or the like seasons and never recovered. Specifically who tanked and succeeded?
With the severe lack of talent on this team, it may take a long time to retool, especially at QB.

This team reminds me of the 2000 pats, lots of close losses, missed opportunities, and what ifs. That was a 5 win team, this team will be somewhere around there. There are things to build on, but obviously need our qb of the future and a good offseason next year. I would try to move Thuney right now if we can fetch any more than a 3rd for him and anybody else who we're not planning on resigning in the offseason. I hope we keep Gilmore though since he's under contract another year and if we hit on a couple good players up front next year the defense could return to being really great again.

Cam played a decent game, but I think the game was a microcosm of what we have with him. He can be productive and I could see him leading us to the playoffs someday if we do field a better team, but I would have zero confidence in him ever winning a SB here no matter how good a team he would have around him. Just doesn't get it done in crunch time. We saw it in the 2015 SB and he failed ALL three times in/near the red zone this year with chances to win at the end. I would honestly roll with Stidham here on out and see if there's anything there.

Our defense has clearly taken a step backward this year, and it's hard to blame them considering all we lost in the offseason. They are no longer good enough to almost single handedly win games for us like they did last year, in fact theyll probably lose a few for us.

Coaching has been just as bad as the execution. That onside kick and some of the 3rd down playcalls were just attrocious. Also the players play like a poorly coached team. awful tackling in some spots and all those killer penalties. Poor situational awareness in many instances this year, we're really not capable of running the no huddle? Cost us a chance at 7 before the half too. Slater said something earlier this week regarding effort issues, thats a major concern and has to turn around if this franchise is ever going to get back to winning football.

Feel bad for him too. After hearing the Cam bashing all week I was enjoying watching him putting together a much improved game. That fumble was painful.
If he doesn't fumble, we may have won.. It sucks but no matter what happens. Hope he keeps his head up. I also don't like people who bash him for his fashion sense. Not all men need to dress like the stereotypical "man".

Gonna have to agree with Ring6, tanking is for losers with a loser mentality. We will be back. Can BB pull another lotto pick and find theeee next superstar QB?

Man, you’re so cool. You don’t have that loser mentality. You want that 9-7, 8-8 record every year on the playoff line. As long as the Patriots don’t lose!

It definitely didn’t help Indy when they tanked for Luck, right? What in the world are you smoking? Not to be an ass, but Jesus. Luck was worth the tanking.
Luck lasted 86 games. The colts made the playoffs 10 straight years before tanking. Luck won 4 playoff games in his entire career.

Before you **** on Cam, he played decently for stretches and we wouldn't have been in it without him. Belichichick deserves a lions share of the blame for that onside kick.
Ah yes, the one and only found a way to "disagree" with this post, because god forbid any human say one, single, solitary word critiquing Belichick.

Good lord.

Andrew Luck career playoffs:
4-4
12 TDs 13 INT
Passer Rating: 73.1

Not sure if you noticed this or not, but we’re 2-5. Tank or no tank, we’re losers in 2020.

I see that 5-11 2019 Dolphins are really destroyed this season. If you rebuid the right way, with a plan, a high draft pick can get you that piece which can make the difference in the long run.
And Pats should be in that position if they make the right moves.
The dolphins cleaned house and fought all year to win every game they could and they are building off that attitude and success. They are the counterpoint to tanking.

What linebackers or defensive linemen for that matter?

With the severe lack of talent on this team, it may take a long time to retool, especially at QB.
They have a lot of youth, good building blocks and the most cap room in the nfl next year

Not sure if you noticed this or not, but we’re 2-5. Tank or no tank, we’re losers in 2020.
I'm one of the few posters on this board besides you who clearly saw this coming. I said 6-10, 7-9 before this season started. Maybe I was too optimistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3