PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing loss but at least they are showing some fight. The bill barely beat the patriots when the pats were at 25% strength.No Gilmore, no Edelman, everyone on defense opt out, covid19. I think we beat them in the rematch.

Cam has made mistakes and has made some bad throws. He's trying. I honestly feel bad for him. He wants to succeed. Sucks it might not end the way he hopes.
Honestly I do feel a bit bad for him as well. The problem is this whole Newton experiment was Doomed from the start.

I don't think he's very good but belichick set him up to fail with probably the worst group of receivers the NFL has seen in 10 or 15 years.

Losing season - not necessarily.

2-14 absolutely yes. That would be 13 losses in a row including two to the Jets. With a roster that has no business losing 14 games. There would be talk that he lost the team. And obviously the Brady questions. He’d be gone without a doubt in my mind.

Imagine Josh coaching this group? We wouldn’t have to worry about tanking this year. The Patsies would have a prime top 3 pick every year so I’m sure we’d get our QB of choice sometime.
Kraft would not fire Bill. Regardless of the results at the end of the season.

I’d rather have a shot at a top 10 qb over settling with bargain basement nfl retreads and losers. Still up in the air on Fields, but I’d like a shot at Lawerence, Trask, Jones. I don’t know much about Lance.
In the last 15 years 11 QB's were picked #1.

Alex Smith, JaMarcus Russell, Matt Stafford, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Jameis Winston, Jared Goff, Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray and Joe Burrow.

Not exactly a "Let's tank" campaign slogan. Of course this year will be different so we should root against our favorite team so they can secure that all important QB from North Dakota State.

Honestly I do feel a bit bad for him as well. The problem is this whole Newton experiment was Doomed from the start.

I don't think he's very good but belichick set him up to fail with probably the worst group of receivers the NFL has seen in 10 or 15 years.
TEs are worse.

Bill will start Cam in New York.
He will and I think it’s about more than just current week performance. Cam’s contract is very incentive heavy, he’s been a good teammate and has been a good example for everyone even if he hasn’t always produced the way we would want on the field. Bill pulling the plug on him after a couple bad games (I don’t even think he was bad this week, more like average) after he had COVID a few weeks back might damage his (Bill’s) ability to negotiate those types of contracts in the future. I am sure Bill doubts Stidham is going to do way better so not a lot of point. They see him in practice every week.

I didn’t expect us to win. I honestly wasn’t sure we’d make it a competitive game which was in our hands. That’s why it hurts more. If Cam doesn’t fumble we could end up 3-4, with the strong likelihood of being 4-4 and a season to remain interested in.

We are now 2-5. Cam fumbled yes but today looked like a significant improvement for stretches. But it was also a great defensive play.

Meanwhile Bill’s onside kick was a disastrous idea. I was groaning before Buffalo recovered. It was just such a risky, unnecessary decision. It cost us dearly. This one is on Bill, not Cam.

This hurts. I still like Cam and believe he could have success with a better supporting cast but this loss might have just doomed our playoff hopes.

Can we cut Bentley. Our defense isn't as bad as it seems. The moment he was out of the lineup we immediately....immediately were stout against the run. The practice squad guy(#92) that replaced Guy really struggled as well. Meyers is clearly a good wr. I don't know why it took Harry getting hurt for him to get time.

I like Izzo more than most. He isn't good but I think he is good enough to be a bottom of the roster third or fourth te. Not his fault our staff did nothing with the position for years. We should have overpaid for an experienced guy at this spot. Cam's play would be dramatically better if he had a security blanket close to the ball park of Greg Olsen etc.

Uche had a nice debut. Small but effective.

Lastly, as good as Harris is I still want Sony to start. Our offense was just fine when he was still in the lineup. Harris seems extremely dangerous once the D is a little tired.
You like Izzo but then say he isn’t good? You want Sony to start over Harris?

1604267009928.jpeg

I honestly think belichick is low-key tanking That's why even after last week's debacle He continues to start Newton.
Disagree. We have no evidence to think Hoyer or Stidham is better. A few weeks ago this entire board was saying that Cam was the difference between winning and losing to the Chiefs.

Alex Smith, JaMarcus Russell, Matt Stafford, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Jameis Winston, Jared Goff, Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray and Joe Burrow.

Not exactly a "Let's tank" campaign slogan. Of course this year will be different so we should root against our favorite team so they can secure that all important QB from North Dakota State.
7 out of those 11 were quite successful.

Disagree. We have no evidence to think Hoyer or Stidham is better. A few weeks ago this entire board was saying that Cam was the difference between winning and losing to the Chiefs.
I still think we win that game with Cam.

If being OK is successful then you are correct.

You’re not going to get a franchise QB every single time with that pick, but more likely than not, they’re going to be good.

You like Izzo but then say he isn’t good? You want Sony to start over Harris?

View attachment 29151
I didn't actually say I like Izzo. I said I like him more than most lol. Most would like to kick him off the planet while I am good with him being a bench player. And yes I still like Sony. I rather use Sony and Rex as a sacrifice to the defense and weaken them a bit. Then let a fresh Harris go off late in the game.

Meyers looks like a veteran WR. Liked him from the start and glad he's gotten his shot. We need a young QB with all the skills to grow with the rest of the young players on this team. Asiasi and Keene out of thsi game for "personal reasons"? Gimme a break. Izzo had 2 catches.This is NOT acceptable AFAIC.

A lot of you immediately clamor for BB's head because a decision back fired. Who do you expect to be coach, ************? Every one of you crybaby finger pointers never thought the Pats had a chance to even make it close today. A loss is a loss blah blah blah but what goes into these decisions is determined by a tremendous amount of game prep. BB doesn't make decisions based on knee jerk in the moment leaps of faith. The staff must have seen something that led them to try that kick at that point in the game. I didn't like it. If it had worked, I'd have loved it.

This season has been one huge clusterfack since the summer but there is still a great amount of value going forward as far as what this team will become.It's plain now that this team was too flawed in too many spots on the roster to be anything but wildly overoptimistic expecting different.

We could go circles on this all day, but in the end, 8-8 vs 4-12 in our current situation (void of playmakers and depth) I’d rather finish 4-12. I mentioned quite a few different qb’s I’d like us to take a shot at. Only one of them is #1 overall. As a matter of fact, I wouldn’t mind seeing us double dip at QB in the draft. It’s not just the 1st rd pick either, it’s every pick in every round. That put the organization in a position of power in the draft. Regardless of Bills inability to have overly impactful drafts lately, I still have faith that if he is picking top 10 in every draft vs. bottom 3, he’s gonna come away with a much better haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3