PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kept Manning? Again, yes you are using hindsight because you’re assuming Luck wouldn’t have retired at 30. He was having his best seasons before retiring.
The question is did it work, not could it work in an alternate universe. The only example you have didn’t work and you want to count it as working because of an excuse. That’s the exact loser mentality that creates tanking and ensures it fails.

How did it not destroy a team culture when the entire culture was eliminated?
Did the Colts not make the playoffs the following year? Were they not in the AFCCG two years after that? Which 3-13 teams, of which there have been “many,” (your words) tanked and completely destroyed their culture? You never answered me. Should be an easy one if there are, your words, “many” examples.

Losing their jobs for starters.
Who would be losing their jobs? Kraft isn’t firing BB after 6 titles for one 2-14 season. BB has the greatest job security in all of American professional sports. So that’s out the window. What are the other negatives?

Nope, he was definitely worth the tanking. Again, you have the luxury of 20/20 hindsight. I honestly cannot believe I’m even having this conversation. Luck was an unanimous #1 who was worth tanking for because of Peyton’s injury. Not every #1 will get you Super Bowls, but they’re more likely to get you into the conversation with the talent you surround them with. Luck had awful OLines he had to deal with his whole career.

I thought you were evaluating the tank based on what we knew, as you had mentioned in one post he proved worth it by going 11-5 as a rookie. If I misunderstood my mistake.

How did it not destroy a team culture when the entire culture was eliminated?

Irsay and Pagano are not in the same universe as Kraft and BB. The culture will be fine.

I don't vote for tanking either but if BB decides to make moves to improve cap situation and get some additional picks I'm all for it. I know he will still play to win as we saw today.

The question is did it work, not could it work in an alternate universe. The only example you have didn’t work and you want to count it as working because of an excuse. That’s the exact loser mentality that creates tanking and ensures it fails.

I would tank right now for a Luck QB. There’s not even a question.

I think after Deflategate we learned how weak Kraft really is. If the team finishes 2-14 there will be questions about Bill and tbh rightfully so. The Brady thing will loom very large. I can totally see Kraft doing that.
I'll say it again. There is a 0.0% chance Kraft fires BB after this season, regardless of how many games they win. Objectively, point-blank, not happening. False. Nope. Nada. Never.

Oh stop sniffing Bill's jock strap. It was an atrocious call that led to a TD.
The way the Bills were running on us, it probably would have just meant a longer TD and not enough time to go down to try and win it.

Fortunes can change in the nfl very quickly.

as bad as the pats are now. They can be right in the think of it soon.

San Fran went from ****, to one of the best teams back to **** back to one of the best teams. All that happened in a decade

Entirely? No. They have a lot of talent. They are two or three players away from being back on top. NT, TE, WR.
I would add LB if we indeed move on from Hightower. You could probably win the AFCE with a Ryan Fitzpatrick type at qb with those upgrades you mentioned. But I still hope finding that franchise qb is #1 priority this offseason.

Entirely? No. They have a lot of talent. They are two or three players away from being back on top. NT, TE, WR.
I'd throw another LB into that mix, and a QB who is here for the long-term (doesn't have to be elite, just good, protect the ball, play smart, attention to detail, accurate, and show urgency in 2-minute drills). Like early-Brady or Jimmy G.

Otherwise totally agree. They're not that far. The fact that they realistically could have 4-6 wins despite gaps at some spots, is actually impressive.

Who would be losing their jobs? Kraft isn’t firing BB after 6 titles for one 2-14 season. BB has the greatest job security in all of American professional sports. So that’s out the window. What are the other negatives?
Look at the Colts when they tanked that will tell you who. I am not sold Kraft wouldn’t pull the trigger on Bill. He’s the kind of guy who would.

Pats are 0-3 on game winning drives with a first down inside the opponent 25. That’s remarkable.

People will pile on Cam but this is a huge endictment of McDaniels. Totally exposed without Tom Brady

Did the Colts not make the playoffs the following year? Were they not in the AFCCG two years after that? Which 3-13 teams, of which there have been “many,” (your words) tanked and completely destroyed their culture? You never answered me. Should be an easy one if there are, your words, “many” examples.
The colts made the playoffs 10 years in a row before tanking.
It’s hard to give examples because teams don’t tank exactly for this reason.
I am not going to go to my bosses house and crap on their front step even though I can’t give you an example of what happened to someone who does.
The majority of next years team will be this years team and if you diminish the value of winning you affect your culture. Players are going out fighting to continue to have a career, to put film out that will keep them employed, and if they are of any worth busting their @ss to win. Losing on purpose destroys that culture.
The Jets, Giants, redskins, bengals are a few examples of teams that accepted losing and stayed mired in failure.

People will pile on Cam but this is a huge endictment of McDaniels. Totally exposed without Tom Brady
He has the worst passer starting in the nfl.

Look at the Colts when they tanked that will tell you who. I am not sold Kraft wouldn’t pull the trigger on Bill. He’s the kind of guy who would.
Again, the Colts didn’t have a six time Super Bowl winning head coach over a 20 year period. And Kraft would be a total r.etard to fire BB after 2-14 and liquidating expensive talent to give the young guys some looks. You’re reaching here. Do you not have any other negatives to point out? If not, that should tell you a lot about your position.

3AAE05E6-66B9-42FF-A265-2B11DF97DCB5.png
This loser says hello. Red Sox fans should be big fans of this loser. Lifetime appointment. Hasn’t won **** in years. Won 3 ships with another mans creation. He sucks.

I hope folks realize that a lot of the teams competing right now (TEN, KC, TB, etc) weren't very good that long ago. Even the mainstays like BAL and PIT had a down season here or there due to cap issues and had to retool.

This is par for the course. It just seems exaggerated due to the opt-outs. To be clear, we could see this retool coming before Brady even left -- we saw it last season.

They'll be much better next season, and I anticipate them continuing to compete at a high-level through this decade (pending finding a long-term answer at QB, which is easier said than done).

Irsay and Pagano are not in the same universe as Kraft and BB. The culture will be fine.

I don't vote for tanking either but if BB decides to make moves to improve cap situation and get some additional picks I'm all for it. I know he will still play to win as we saw today.
BB loses the locker room if he tanks.

This. This is a full rebuild needing serious talent everywhere. I doubt Belichick is here when this rebuild is complete. I think he is here in 21 but unsure beyond that
Teams can certainly rebuild on the fly but without a franchise QB it's a lot harder.

It's possible BB can make it through but it hasn't exactly happened before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back