PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible matchup with KC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redman443

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
How do you feel about our chances in a potential rematch with KC? We haven’t won in arrowhead since 2004 I believe and haven’t won a road playoff game since 2006. Despite all of this, KC seems to choke in playoff games in recent years. There’s a good possibility of this matchup assuming we take care of business at home.

Despite all of this, KC seems to choke in playoff games in recent years. There’s a good possibility of this matchup assuming we take care of business at home.

Are you already discounting KC's ability to 'choke' in the divisional round? 'Cause it seems as though you are assuming KC will be taking care of business at home as well, which (given the potential opponents) may be a much bigger assumption than the Pats doing it.

KC vs LAC ??

KC vs BALT?

I see no reason to be sure that we are playing in KC. BTW, I don't think that it would be a "choke" for KC to lose to either of these teams.

For the moment, I am expecting that HOU beats the #6 seed.
========
BTW, that would mean that we play HOU at home and then LAC or BALT at home.

I believe NE can beat any team left in the playoffs, on any field. Arrowhead is tough, but there’s not a big sample size re Brady and the Pats. It sounds bad that they haven’t won in Arrowhead since ‘04 but it’s not like they play every year, it’s like 2 games. The last loss there the team used as a springboard to a Super Bowl run. They have lost 3 straight road playoff games, but those were all to a QB with the initials PM. Oh god we’re doomed.

Really though if they can build on what they did well today I think they will beat whoever comes to Foxboro. That’s gotta happen first. And the Chiefs have to win also. As big an advantage as Arrowhead is made to be, it has been 50 years since they won a title so it’s not like it’s impossible to win there.

How do you feel about our chances in a potential rematch with KC? We haven’t won in arrowhead since 2004 I believe and haven’t won a road playoff game since 2006. Despite all of this, KC seems to choke in playoff games in recent years. There’s a good possibility of this matchup assuming we take care of business at home.

Super Bowls are road playoff games.

Going to Arrowhead would be difficult, but we aren’t there quite yet. I’m not going to spend much time thinking about it until both teams advance, if that even happens.

False, they are classified as “neutral”

Yeah, but for the team it's a road game. They aren't prepping and practicing in Foxboro.

In any event, I don't think winning or losing in KC is going to be an actual issue.

KC will beat us in the playoffs at their house most likely. We don't want to go there. Maybe if Gronk looks like his old self we will have a shot but I don't like our odds. If the Pats are to beat KC at KC they would need a hell of a defensive game.

I’d put the Pats as a touchdown underdog if they have to go into Arrowhead. How could you feel confident in this team playing anywhere on the road let alone in one of the most hostile stadiums in the league?

Yeah, but for the team it's a road game. They aren't prepping and practicing in Foxboro.

In any event, I don't think winning or losing in KC is going to be an actual issue.

KC’s offense reminds me of the 2013 Denver offense but the only difference is that Peyton was older and had playoff experience but mahomes has never been on that stage before. They haven’t been able to trust their defense in big games either.

KC wins against teams with winning records: LAC week 1 and Steelers week 2 with Hunt and Watkins. Flukie OT win vs BAL at home that they should have lost. Biggest win was 6 points.

The rest of their wins: OAK (2), DEN (2), SF, AZ, CLE, CIN, JAX.

No reason to be afraid of them, even in arrowhead.

Oh god I am getting straight up flashbacks to the handful of people here in 2015 who were going on and on about how it was dumb to fear going into Denver and how the Broncos were frauds and that we were all chicken littles.

KC is the favorite from the AFC and rightfully so. Their big play ability with Tyreek Hill and Kelce scare me. I think Bill would try to play a lot of nickel and dime against them and basically concede the run. The Pats are going to have to have several silent counts in this one. I would just run the ball with Michel/White and keep Mahomes off the field. Their run D is porous.

The no road playoff win since 06 is a lame stat imo. We’ve only had 2 road games since and both times the team was depleted, playing where Brady typically has his worst games. It’s a really bad sample.

The arrowhead thing is probably just as tiny.

Oh god I am getting straight up flashbacks to the handful of people here in 2015 who were going on and on about how it was dumb to fear going into Denver and how the Broncos were frauds and that we were all chicken littles.
And if they had executed better on a handful of plays on both sides of the ball they would have won. A couple of blown coverages on D (Collins) and a couple mistakes by Brady early. That game was peak Brady/Gronk, even in defeat, and with a basically non-functional OL.

And if they had executed better on a handful of plays on both sides of the ball they would have won. A couple of blown coverages on D (Collins) and a couple mistakes by Brady early. That game was peak Brady/Gronk, even in defeat, and with a basically non-functional OL.
Yet we almost won that game. Broncos defensive line kept getting in the backfield on every play.

Chiefs record vs playoff teams: 2-4 (losses: LAC, SEA, NE, LAR)

Patriots: 3-0 (will be either 3-1 or 4-0 depending on outcome of TEN-IND)

Best team the Chiefs have beaten at home this year: BAL. next best: DEN or CIN (you choose). No real signature wins at home.

Last edited:
Well we have played 2 games at arrowhead since 2004 so I don’t think that’s a horrific issue.
We have also played only 2 road playoff games since 2006.
Sample size means more than the calendar

Yet we almost won that game. Broncos defensive line kept getting in the backfield on every play.
Yeah that’s what I said

Tom Brady was already the toughest MF in the league before that game, but he has not been hit like that before or since in his career and he had them within a 2-pt conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back