PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible matchup with KC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to Arrowhead would be difficult, but we aren’t there quite yet. I’m not going to spend much time thinking about it until both teams advance, if that even happens.

This thread reminds me of the Steelers last year looking to their Patriots match up before they played the Jaguars.

This thread reminds me of the Steelers last year looking to their Patriots match up before they played the Jaguars.

Except fan discussions have no bearing on a teams performance. I am quite confident Bill B and the Pats arent looking past the divisional round.

Chiefs are a good team, but worth noting.

weeks 11-16 chiefs went 2-3 and per ESPN "the Chiefs' defense allowed more points per game (35.6) than any team in the league. Opponents averaged a league-best 28.4 first downs per game and controlled the ball for an average of 32 minutes, 10 seconds per game, the fifth-most in the league. That's a bad combination for making a playoff run, no matter how potent the offense."

if someone like the charges goes in there, definitely possible they could beat the chiefs

Last edited:
KC is the favorite from the AFC and rightfully so. Their big play ability with Tyreek Hill and Kelce scare me. I think Bill would try to play a lot of nickel and dime against them and basically concede the run. The Pats are going to have to have several silent counts in this one. I would just run the ball with Michel/White and keep Mahomes off the field. Their run D is porous.

I am having nightmare about Trent Brown's false starts.

"We'r gonna win da bixxxtch" by Ramsey.....One year later, that team fell apart

How do you feel about our chances in a potential rematch with KC? We haven’t won in arrowhead since 2004 I believe and haven’t won a road playoff game since 2006. Despite all of this, KC seems to choke in playoff games in recent years. There’s a good possibility of this matchup assuming we take care of business at home.
About as close to a toss-up as you can get assuming this game happens in the AFC title game. Mahomes scares me but I think our cornerbacks can play well enough to hold him under 31. It all comes down to Brady in such a game.

I’d put the Pats as a touchdown underdog if they have to go into Arrowhead. How could you feel confident in this team playing anywhere on the road let alone in one of the most hostile stadiums in the league?

Touchdown underdog is laughable, hell every one in Vegas would heavily bet on NE if such a line existed. The line will be roughly from PK to KC-2.

Btw, NE won at Soldier Field. Chicago finished 7-1 at home.

Are you already discounting KC's ability to 'choke' in the divisional round? 'Cause it seems as though you are assuming KC will be taking care of business at home as well, which (given the potential opponents) may be a much bigger assumption than the Pats doing it.
I think it is safe prediction this year that the Chiefs are hosting the AFCCG.

KC is the favorite from the AFC and rightfully so. Their big play ability with Tyreek Hill and Kelce scare me. I think Bill would try to play a lot of nickel and dime against them and basically concede the run. The Pats are going to have to have several silent counts in this one. I would just run the ball with Michel/White and keep Mahomes off the field. Their run D is porous.
I actually think the Colts have the best chance to beat KC in KC and get us a home AFCCG

Everything is going exactly how we would want. We are going to be playing either the colts or the texans while KC will get lopped off by either the Chargers or the Ravens. Then we will have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. Muahahahahahahahaha!
we can't play the Colts until the AFCCG

KC is 0-6 at Arrowhead in the playoffs since 1995 (including losses there the past 2 years). Reid is 1-4 in the playoffs with the Chiefs. None of that screams unstoppable juggernaut when the games matter.

The Ravens should have beaten the Chiefs in KC two weeks ago. I don't know if the Chiefs will survive another round of that in a rematch if the Pats end up with the Texans.
the Past is not relevant, just like the Pats winning road AFCCG games in 01 and 04 are note relevant.

Everyone is afraid of a Ravens team that barely beat the Browns at home yesterday? In Gillette? Please.

Really? We're fans on a message board. We have zero bearing. The players themselves are another story. Come on man.

the Past is not relevant, just like the Pats winning road AFCCG games in 01 and 04 are note relevant.

The coaches will tell you that and they're somewhat right. However the franchise history, especially if over the last 10 to 15 years does get into the players heads. They're all aware of the losing streak at home and it cranks up the pressure mentally. It matters.

right, but I am correct. :)

Obviously we have very different definitions of what constitutes a 'safe prediction.'
I like to at least know who the opponent is before I start feeling comfortable with any prediction but hey, that's just me

KC is 0-6 at Arrowhead in the playoffs since 1995 (including losses there the past 2 years). Reid is 1-4 in the playoffs with the Chiefs. None of that screams unstoppable juggernaut when the games matter.

The Ravens should have beaten the Chiefs in KC two weeks ago. I don't know if the Chiefs will survive another round of that in a rematch if the Pats end up with the Texans.

Right. But KC never had an MVP-caliber quarterback those years. We’ll see what happens.

How do you feel about our chances in a potential rematch with KC? We haven’t won in arrowhead since 2004 I believe and haven’t won a road playoff game since 2006. Despite all of this, KC seems to choke in playoff games in recent years. There’s a good possibility of this matchup assuming we take care of business at home.
i dont think we match up well with KC or Baltimore...all the other teams in the AFC i am confident wqe will beat.

Here's what would be ideal for us

Texans beat Colts
Chargers beat Ravens

Pats beat Texans
Chargers beat Chiefs

We host AFCCG and I think we can handle chargers MAINLY because we are at home and our defense plays well at home.

I get that playoffs are meant to be tough and most folks here would like to see Pats beat teams like ravens and chiefs to go to superbowl. Personally, I would like to them make it to SB. I don't care how they get there. Getting there is more important. Ravens are fearless when they play in foxboro. They've always caused us troubled in playoffs.

If they get to SB, it'll most likely be Saints/Bears/Rams. They can beat Rams and Bears but Saints will be the tought opponent in my opinion.

That's just an ideal scenario in my view. Now don't crucify me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore