PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible matchup with KC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiefs haven’t won a home playoff game since 1993. Joe Montana was their QB.
They are 1-10 in their last 11 playoff games

Under Reid they are 35-16 at home and 31-19 on the road.
I’m not understanding the idea that Arrowhead is a great HFA.

And if they had executed better on a handful of plays on both sides of the ball they would have won. A couple of blown coverages on D (Collins) and a couple mistakes by Brady early. That game was peak Brady/Gronk, even in defeat, and with a basically non-functional OL.

God the line was pitiful in that game. DeGuglielmo's fate was sealed right then and there.

Yeah that’s what I said

Tom Brady was already the toughest MF in the league before that game, but he has not been hit like that before or since in his career and he had them within a 2-pt conversion

I'd put the beating the Giants laid on him in XLII right up there with any I have seen Brady take. That was one seriously fearful beating, it was to the point where I was genuinely worried he was going to end up being carted off. Tuck and Strahan were in awe of the way he just kept getting up.

Everything is going exactly how we would want. We are going to be playing either the colts or the texans while KC will get lopped off by either the Chargers or the Ravens. Then we will have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. Muahahahahahahahaha!

Everything is going exactly how we would want. We are going to be playing either the colts or the texans while KC will get lopped off by either the Chargers or the Ravens. Then we will have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. Muahahahahahahahaha!

There is zero chance the Pats will play the colts in the AFC divisional.

KC will beat us in the playoffs at their house most likely. We don't want to go there. Maybe if Gronk looks like his old self we will have a shot but I don't like our odds. If the Pats are to beat KC at KC they would need a hell of a defensive game.
If we play KC, I really would like weather to be a factor - severe cold or snow. We will need all the help we can get. Weather negates a speed advantage.

1*5Fr1LgIxEpYNApdOCu98cA.jpeg

There is a game two weeks from today that needs to be won. Win that and there are a couple possibilities on who is our AFCCG opponent. If it is KC in KC? So be it. Any belief that KC is some fearsome juggernaut that will take a miracle to beat is claptrap. While they will definitely be a challenge to beat in KC -- any AFCCG opponent played anywhere will present a tangible challenge -- it most certainly isn't impossibly so.

I don't want to jump the gun. I'm thinking of how crazy it would be if the Pats ended up playing/beating both Baltimore and Indy to reach the Superbowl! That would be euphoria!

Oh god I am getting straight up flashbacks to the handful of people here in 2015 who were going on and on about how it was dumb to fear going into Denver and how the Broncos were frauds and that we were all chicken littles.

Proud of the way the Pats played that game. Outgained them 336 to 244, missed an extra point, got kind of jobbed on the 2 point conversion and still almost won.

It was hostile, Denver’s D was fantastic and KC’s is so far away from being good that they made Doug Martin look good today. Doubt Pats offense is going to spot them 4 turnovers on their first 4 possessions either. Oh, and the Pats defense is far better than theirs. Pats definitely have a good chance to go in there and win.

Last edited:
1*5Fr1LgIxEpYNApdOCu98cA.jpeg

There is a game two weeks from today that needs to be won. Win that and there are a couple possibilities on who is our AFCCG opponent. If it is KC in KC? So be it. Any belief that KC is some fearsome juggernaut that will take a miracle to beat is claptrap. While they will definitely be a challenge to beat in KC -- any AFCCG opponent played anywhere will present a tangible challenge -- it most certainly isn't impossibly so.

If someone asked bill this question he’d be like “we’re on to the divisional. Divisional.”

The 2013 and 15 Broncos were a way more formidable opponent in Denver than the Chiefs will be with not much defense.

Why even worry about KC?

This isn't a year where anyone is a lock in any game in the AFC, there's no guarantee either one of these teams will make it, the Pats and Chiefs aren't that much better than the 4 teams playing wildcard weekend to start looking ahead to AFC Championship games.

My issue with KC, should we end up playing there for the AFCCG, is crowd noise and what that leads to. If we win the coin toss there, history shows we'll take the ball in a misguided attempt to "take the crowd out of it early" like we did in 2015 (and 2013?) in Denver. That is not our game, AND it blows up in your face when you don't score and have to punt, I think that actually energizes the crowd while also telling them they are dictating the Patriots game plan.

IF we have to go to KC, let's kick off.

Oh god I am getting straight up flashbacks to the handful of people here in 2015 who were going on and on about how it was dumb to fear going into Denver and how the Broncos were frauds and that we were all chicken littles.
I agree but that is not apples to to apples and for the record I wanted no part of that ****. We had a long history of losing to Denver regardless of where we played them. Peyton and the Broncos were a proven post season team....and we should of ****ing won.

Mahomes is lighting up the scoreboard but has never played a playoff game, Andy Reids playoff record is not exactly stellar and KC's playoff woes seem to transcend generations.

The chiefs are now and ever have been nothing more than streaky, no good weasels.

I don’t know why this is but it’s true.

KC will beat us in the playoffs at their house most likely. We don't want to go there. Maybe if Gronk looks like his old self we will have a shot but I don't like our odds. If the Pats are to beat KC at KC they would need a hell of a defensive game.

KC is 0-6 at Arrowhead in the playoffs since 1995 (including losses there the past 2 years). Reid is 1-4 in the playoffs with the Chiefs. None of that screams unstoppable juggernaut when the games matter.

The Ravens should have beaten the Chiefs in KC two weeks ago. I don't know if the Chiefs will survive another round of that in a rematch if the Pats end up with the Texans.

I just don’t want us to play the ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore