Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Too soon? ;)
95203759_1686900478119835_2558832495801925632_o.png

Little does Jules realize that nothing would help his own legacy more than to perform well without Brady as his QB.

Little does Jules realize that nothing would help his own legacy more than to perform well without Brady as his QB.

I agree that having a 100 catch season with Stidham would make Jules look AWESOME, but I'm not sure that legacy is necessarily what drives Edelman. I think he's simply a moment to moment competitor. He wants to win every matchup every time he runs a route, and no doubt he'll continue to want that. But he's also one of Brady's great all time friends, and I'm not sure the idea that he's still good is a great comfort to that fact.

IF Edelman truly wants to be with Brady again, let him. I don't think Stidham needs a receiver who will be pining away for the fjords...er, his best friend.

Edelman foresaw this years ago and has already given Brady his comeuppance...

Last edited:
IF Edelman truly wants to be with Brady again, let him. I don't think Stidham needs a receiver who will be pining away for the fjords...er, his best friend.

I'd rather he stayed here. Who's better to mentor both a young QB and receivers?

IF he's missing Brady, I am assuming he will not be happy. If he's not happy, I doubt he's helping anybody.

IF he's missing Brady, I am assuming he will not be happy. If he's not happy, I doubt he's helping anybody.

Julian is perpetually happy. I'm sure he misses having Brady on the team but I'll bet he's looking forward to breaking in the new kid.

JE is too valuable to let go.

Yeah but not many QBs can get the mileage out of shifty slot guys without elite size or speed that Brady did.

Julian is perpetually happy. I'm sure he misses having Brady on the team but I'll bet he's looking forward to breaking in the new kid.

JE is too valuable to let go.

Any return the Patriots get won’t be anything near what he is worth to the offense. Might as well keep the guy.

Only way he's not on the team is if he mails it in and gets out worked by the new UDFAs.
Watching Jules from day one I don't think that's in his DNA

Remember when he unfollowed Brady right after Gronk came out of retirement, for like an hour, and then re-followed him?

Edelman is an asset to any team. He has been a leader of that offense. His physical play sets the tone. His injuries last year really impacted that aspect of his game. I remember the games against Houston and Arizona when Brady sat. Edelman was a wild man - hitting anything that had a pulse.

He’s not 9 years old.

I agree that having a 100 catch season with Stidham would make Jules look AWESOME, but I'm not sure that legacy is necessarily what drives Edelman. I think he's simply a moment to moment competitor. He wants to win every matchup every time he runs a route, and no doubt he'll continue to want that. But he's also one of Brady's great all time friends, and I'm not sure the idea that he's still good is a great comfort to that fact.
I hope Edelman is one of Brady's great all time friends, he deserves it. He has been completely loyal to Brady, and I wouldn't be surprised if the biggest part of why he played through those grotesque injuries last year was realizing their time together wouldn't last forever. Sensing their time together was ending soon given Brady's age and his own.

Sometimes I worry Brady sees Edelman as more of the stray puppy who followed him home (probably wrong though).

I'd like the touches to go down for Edelman. I don't want him going past 60-70 catches.

The way coach stood by Jules after his suspension (Jules has spoke of this) I see no reason to think that Jules wouldn't go all out for the coach still.

Hopefully Jules' story is similar to Troy who had his guy in Drew and broke in the next guy too.

Long distance romances do not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye