PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Why does this feel like the worst Patriots off-season ever?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Why is 2018 the worst Patriots off-season ever?

• We don't have Rex Ryan to kick around any more

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • We're much happier when the NFL or ESPN is calling us cheaters

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Law suits and murder trials are way more interesting than Alex Guerrero and avocado ice cream

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Losing the Super Bowl took the bull's eye off our backs

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Jimmy Garoppolo took the magic with him to San Francisco

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Ray Lewis Killed a Guy

Votes: 31 53.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It probably feels worse because all the previous **** was external attacks and we as a fanbase and our team were both galvanized against them.

This offseason has given us the first real cracks in the relationship between Brady/Belichick and that does hurt.

But I'll take this situation over Spygate/Deflategate/Murderpeoplegate any time.

How about Brushgate?

Well I was preoccupied most of the offseason so I've missed most of it. Thank God for that divorce. Great timing hunny or uh ex hunny. :D

I want the season to go like this....on the edge

19pG.gif

or like this
une-voiture-fait-un-360-pendant-un-dc3a9passement.gif
I'm excited for this season. With an offseason this annoying, playing football for the guys will feel like a relief.

I’ll take that off season with everyone picking us as Super Bowl favorited and a second possible 16-0 because of a weak schedule than the complete apathy I had after weak one that year

True true! Although I will say, it was a fun And interesting year to watch with Cassel at the helm. At that point you really had no expectations but it was going surprisingly well. Unfortunately too many early season division losses (iirc) cost them, 11-5 and not making playoffs, ugh (again)

IMO the impact of radio talk shows has taken a abrupt turn from informing fans to perpetuating controversy..

I have gotten to the point where I cannot listen any more, once and a while I catch Felger or Bertram and find their takes on what was actually meant by some obscure comment as convoluted evidence of something... there was the whole controversy about what Chopra actually meant in an interview about the Brady youtube videos.. It truly is maddening..

The whole Gronk trade controversy was vastly overblown, IMO what happened was BB either in talking to Patricia or Vrabel was asked about Gronk, BB may have said "what do you have in mind", Detroit and Tenn. then made an offer, BB went and talked about it to Bob Kraft and they decided it was not a good way to proceed. That is called BB doing his "due diligence" in trying to make this a better team... It is his responsibility to explore every avenue on how to make this team better..

Every day we hear about Pats controversy, all the while we have been riding the crest of this incredible wave for quite a while now.. things will change, but sports media wants the wave to break so they can all say in unison "we told you so"...

I am so f...ing sick of manufactured controversy perpetuated by those whose duty used to be to inform and discuss, but they have morphed into trying to rally the fans against BB and this team.. the whole Jordan Richards thing, he is one guy on a team that makes a very manageable salary, 0.7% of the salary cap, no big deal, but he is treated like some "red headed step child"..

BTW no matter what Felger preaches the NFL cap is not "crap"...

Well I was preoccupied most of the offseason so I've missed most of it. Thank God for that divorce. Great timing hunny or uh ex hunny. :D

You too? Congratulations!

I can tell by the tone of your post that you likely are as relieved as I am about it. Enjoy your summer of freedom my friend.

You too? Congratulations!

I can tell by the tone of your post that you likely are as relieved as I am about it. Enjoy your summer of freedom my friend.

Haha. Relieved might not be a strong enough word but yeah. Wasn't my choice but damn glad it's over. Peace and quiet is a valuable commodity these days. Same to you man.

Too many negative Butler, Brady, Edelman and Gronk stories.
Not enough positive items.

I'd say that this offseason is worse than others, specifically deflategate, because all the problems are internal.

I don't know why so many around here can't just accept the uncontroversial reality that the NFL cap can be manipulated fairly easily. No matter what you preach, the cap is, indeed, "crap", and Belichick himself has noted it (obviously not with the same language).

I am confused. What makes these rednecks think attending one of these races is a safe, fun, family activity?

since I don't know them, you will have to remain confused

calling them rednecks says more about you than them, though

Worst. whoa, pump the brakes.
1. Where's the Ray Lewis option?
2. The 1990 off-season that got us Rod Rust. Just remember that one for a moment.
3. Parcells jettisoning (pun intended) us for the Jetes.
4. 1991, and the great Hugh Millen signing.
I believe that the OP meant off-seasons since the DPS Little Billy the Emperor Without Clothes took over.

I'll try to sum it up with bullet points:

• The team was dealing with a bunch of drama all season, continuing into the playoffs, where a normally pretty placid BB decided to mock his star QB's major hand injury.
  • Our Coach/GM made waves by trading our star backup QB for circus peanuts, a few weeks after trading our third string qb for a bust wr, leading to opening questioning on if BB was trying to blow up the team over perceived meddling by kraft(see above)
  • During the superbowl, our GOAT coach decided to bench the #cb for the duration of the game. We ended up losing the game despite the offense putting up historic numbers, because the defense played like it was completely out of sync, almost as if a key player wasn't in the lineup, after having not missing a game in three years. To this day not a single patriot staffer, or player has provided any reasoning for why Butler got zero snaps in the superbowl.
  • After the patriots imploded because of defensive decisions by BB, numerous players either jumped ship, or openly talked about how they were not happy with the patriots. For seemingly the first time players that excelled under the patriot way were openly defying it.
  • A semi-lackluster draft followed up by continued drama from the first point has resulted in non stop discussion about why there is so much dysfunction.

Bingo.

Although calling this draft Semi-Lackluster isn't quite accurate...it was Completely Lackluster.

The 2017 draft? Worst ever. People should've lost their jobs.

Bingo.

Although calling this draft Semi-Lackluster isn't quite accurate...it was Completely Lackluster.

The 2017 draft? Worst ever. People should've lost their jobs.

Its good to see you hold BB and the FO to such high standards. Good for you. You must have quite the career and be exceptionally good at what you do.

...the whole Jordan Richards thing, he is one guy on a team that makes a very manageable salary, 0.7% of the salary cap, no big deal, but he is treated like some "red headed step child"..

I don't know why so many around here can't just accept the uncontroversial reality that the NFL cap can be manipulated fairly easily. No matter what you preach, the cap is, indeed, "crap", and Belichick himself has noted it (obviously not with the same language).
The NFL cap isn't complete Crap; it's more like a prairie dog.
For the real Cap is Crap, look no further than the NBA.

And Glitch Richards is rancid, fetid Garbage who does not deserve to wear the uniform, at any salary. Why anyone would bring up such a terrible example is mystifying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft