PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: What will you be doing Draft Night?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What will you be doing Draft Night?

• I will watch every minute of the draft and discuss it with my virtual friends

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • I will tune in at picks #1, #12, and #32 to see if the Pats elbow their way into the 1st round

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • I'll be drinking heavily after work and I hope I make it home

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I'll be watching Murder She Baked on Lifetime

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • I'll be watching the Globe's baseball team

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I'll ignore the draft and wait for Tanguay's assessment and analysis

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • I'm going to take a run at the wife ...it is the last Thursday of the month

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • I will hit the gym .....then linger near smoothie bar

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see there are members of the Angela Lansbury fan club on this forum. Anyone want to set up a Murder She Wrote viewing party?

The Draft on TV is dead to me. I can't stand to see or hear Goodell these days. He nauseates me.

I'll continue to check in online throughout the weekend and watch all of the Pats draftee college highlights next week.

I'll watch the first few picks, and will casually try to tune in for the Pats picks, but for the most part I find the draft boring

Hours of self-annointed 'experts' talking incessantly and showing college clips, occassionally interrupted by some ginger jets ex-intern coming out and trying to act human

simply go to sleep...dark night here...

;)

I will tape the draft and go to sleep. I'm an early riser and will get up and turn 4 hours of fluff into 45 minutes of the highlights. Do you really need to see Fraudger hug the prospects? Do need to hear anything Marshall has to say? So many fast-forwardable moments without even talking about the commercials.

Trying to get some from the wife then I will watch it. Friday, I am having a draft party. Saturday I will watch the draft then my sister is having birthday cake for me and my nephew!

Semi-OT but NFLN was showing re-runs of previous drafts. Who in their right mind would want to watch that?

Errr. Me?

A podcast I listen to regularly will live pod the entire draft. I'll be listening to that at work mon-wed. I acknowledge that I am sad.

I think I will stay in the bathroom trying to style my hair like Mel Kyper, he is so nicely coiffed;);)

5 hours for 32 picks is absurd..

3 hours of this.

I'll do whatever I can to avoid watching Goodell, Kiper and a cast of dozens make even greater fools of themselves than they already are...if that is even possible. I have no interest in sitting through several hours of TV that come down to 32, thirty second sound bites interrupted by unending and mindbogglingly idiotic commentary and gauzy profiling of "student athletes" who may or may not have knocked over a 7-Eleven or two in their day, especially when anything meaningful will be regurgitated on social media within seconds of its happening.

FWIW, this is coming from a guy who doesn't turn on his TV on SB Sunday, even when the Pats are playing, until five minutes before kickoff, except to check his Cable connection for one minute during the day.

Good to see there are members of the Angela Lansbury fan club on this forum. Anyone want to set up a Murder She Wrote viewing party?
No, I plan to binge watch that hit new series "Diners, Drive-ins and NCIS White Collar"

I'll personally have a better experience coming here and reading comments after the fact than watching the clock click down on TV. If I knew or followed any college players I'm sure that would be a different situation.

I won't watch any of it - at all....the sight of Goodell's bro hugs makes me want to beat his blue blood face

Watching it live is torture. I DVR it and watch it in ten seconds.

The Patriots have pretty much conditioned me not to care much about the draft. Even when they have picks and use them it's like, "WTF? Who is THAT? Why?" It's usually not 'til the preseason that the reasoning is revealed, if then.
True! Even when I could watch without complete and total anger at the clown running the show, how many times did I sit there only to hear, "the Patriots have traded down out of their (1st round; 2nd round; 3rd round) pick and now have two 5th round picks" or some such nonsense! AARRGGHHH! Then they pick someone you never heard of at a position you thought they were all set on. Double AARRGGHH! It's better that Fraudger gives me a reason not to watch.

Much as I love the draft, I can't imagine just sitting and watching it straight through. I like to have it as background during a long chore -- assembling a bookcase, cooking an elaborate meal, etc.

Quick plug: don't forget to enter the annual draft contest! No picks in the first 2 rounds is no excuse to wimp out. ;)
Annual PatsFans Draft Contest: pick 7

Looks like there's gonna be some late January birth announcement threads here on Patsfans.

oh yeah, Ray Lewis killed a guy.
BB says that that is poor planning as it could interfere with playoffs or Super Bowl preparations......

I won't watch any of it - at all....the sight of Goodell's bro hugs makes me want to beat his blue blood face
The only hug I want to watch Goodell get is Michael Corleone's in Godfather II:
"I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart."
Followed by a nice fishing trip.

GodfatherPartII_221Pyxurz.jpg

ill probably do the same thing i do every draft. League of legends, or more recently playerunknown's battleground.

None of the above. I will log in to PatsFans.com and convince myself that all you draft gurus are the second coming and adsorb tons of conflicting information about our draft picks. I can't watch that ****show any longer. It's as bad as watching a NASCAR race without the BBQ, Beer, and Bro... err women. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes