Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should The NEP Retire #12?

• Yes- Hang it up next to the SB banners. No else is coming close to his level of achievement EVAH

Votes: 118 87.4%
  • No- No one should have their number retired because Stone Cold Steve Austin says so.

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Where is Ray Lewis' White Suit?

Votes: 10 7.4%

• Total voters
Well, if anyone would have access to Brady or Brady's plans, it's Kraft. I would 100% think that Kraft the Patriots would have the common sense and class to let Brady handle this on his terms and wait for his official word as opposed to reacting to Schefter/Darlington's report. It's also not hard for me to believe that Kraft communicated with Brady when the story broke. Both sides have said the other is like family. I think that you just want hate on the Krafts and the organization or troll the board. One or the other.

Then how come, in his farewell statement, Brady NOT ONCE mentions the Patriots, Kraft, or BB?

Kraft did a stupid thing.

Then how come, in his farewell statement, Brady NOT ONCE mentions the Patriots, Kraft, or BB?

Season 5 Idk GIF by Friends

"Words cannot describe the feelings I have for Tom Brady, nor adequately express the gratitude my family, the New England Patriots and our fans have for Tom for all he did during his career. A generation of football fans have grown up knowing only an NFL in which Tom Brady dominated. He retires with nearly every NFL career passing record, yet the only one that ever mattered to him was the team's win-loss record. In his 20 years as a starter his teams qualified for the playoffs 19 times. He led his teams to 10 Super Bowls, winning an NFL-record seven championships. In a team sport like football, it is rare to see an individual have such a dominant impact on a team's success. You didn't have to be a Patriots fan to respect and appreciate his competitiveness, determination and will to win that fueled his success. As a fan of football, it was a privilege to watch. As a Patriots fan, it was a dream come true.
"I have the greatest respect for Tom personally and always will. His humility, coupled with his drive and ambition, truly made him special. I will always feel a close bond to him and will always consider him an extension of my immediate family."
- Robert Kraft
Statement From Robert Kraft

I'm normally in favor of NOT retiring any numbers, because there's too many people on a football team. But now that players can have a wider range of numbers per position, it's less of a big deal, unless a team wants to retire like 30+ numbers. But either way, I would be in favor of retiring 12, because A) Exceptions should be made for outliers as extreme as Tom Brady, and B) what ****y-*** SOB is ever gonna take #12 on the Patriots anyway?

Yes. Tampa is probably going to retire his number. So yeah 100% we would look so bad not doing it. Really Brady and Belichick deserve a statue together, but that isn’t happening until Bill retires. So retire his number and remodel the lighthouse so it has a big “12” on it.

Anyone who thinks the team shouldn't retire his number is an idiot.

No offense to the OP, but this is a kinda silly poll. Of course his number gets retired. Wouldn't be surprised if Kraft does something significantly more like put a statue in front of the building like the Colts did with Manning.

Didn’t say nothin about ne?

**** em.

That's the second statement. Clearly someone talked him into an about-face.

I'm talking about the first statement he put out. It's probably yanked by now.
Whatever Idk GIF by Northwest Motorsport

I didn't see the first one, and since you can't find it, I am going to give it the proper amount of thought.

Didn’t say nothin about ne?

**** em.
I don't feel like it's a &&&& em but I am a little aggravated that he didn't originally acknowledge the Patriots Organization, the players, and fans of NE. Yes, he's the GOAT but he didn't win for 20 years by himself.

If there were 2 retired numbers my choices are
12 and 73

Aren’t #’s 73 & 56 (edited from 55 to 56 obvious reason) basically retired? No one will wear #12 again.

Last edited:
Aren’t #’s 73 & 55 basically retired? No one will wear #12 again.
55 has been worn a bunch of times as of late. Akeem Ayers, John Simon, Brandon Spikes, and our old friend Cassius Marsh are a few of the recent ones.

Aren’t #’s 73 & 55 basically retired? No one will wear #12 again.
No 55 has been worn since Willie.

73 got pulled after Danny Villa wore it. I remember being WTF about it.

There are a handful of numbers which have been out of circulation for some time but the ceremony of retiring #12 is more symbolic than anything.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back