PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(Poll): Preferred divisional opponent: Texans, Chargers, or Ravens? edit: Sun Jan 13 @1:05 PM

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who is your preferred divisional round opponent for the Patriots?

• Texans

Votes: 95 70.9%
  • Ravens

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Chargers

Votes: 15 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Palm Beach Pats Fan

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
(Poll): Preferred divisional opponent, Texans, Chargers, or Ravens? edit: Sun Jan 13 @1:05 PM

Can't be TN/IND winner, since if they beat HOU they'd go to KC.

It was really tough, but I selected the Ravens. Though if aim being completely honest, I don’t want to see the Ravens.

I'm completely comfortable with the ravens coming in here. Ill take my chances against a rookie at home, But we match up well with Houston. There biggest weaknesses are pass defense and O line. Our O line can handle that D line at home for sure

Last few years I’ve kind of taken hoping for opponents to match up against, out of my wishes as much as I can.

It’s something we have no control over so why even bother?

They’ll play who they’ll play and hopefully they win.

HOU

I think KC is somewhat overrated (wins against winning teams: Chargers and Steelers with Hunt and Watkins, a flukie win in Baltimore). BAL or LAC has best chance of ensuring an AFC championship game in Foxboro. There is no doubt we are far better at home this season. Don’t want to play on the road.

I don’t think I’d like any of these opponents.

But I’ll go with Houston. Super weak offensive line.

I would go with Houston because they don't have much of an offense outside of Hopkins & I'm assuming Belichick will find a way to take Hopkins out of the game. Although it does concern me that Crennel & BOB know the Pats system very well and will pressure Brady from inside the pocket.

Baltimore won't be intimidated, but they are very one dimensional as well. The Chargers are the most complete of the three teams & would be the toughest opponent. They didn't win 12 games on a fluke.

Chargers, then BAL then HOU

Baltimore. Tough defense but a rookie QB that basically has one read and takes off at this point in his career. Game may be a squeaker, but I think they’d be the weakest playoff match-up of the three.

Last edited:
Texans. I like the idea of Gilmore on Hopkins. He is such a big part of their team and we happen to have a pro bowler to stick on him. I think their secondary is exploitable too. They are a solid team and obviously pats have to bring the goods, but I'll be rooting for Houston next week for sure.

Not the Ravens: been saying this all year, and I'm standing by it.

Pittsburgh, I haven't quite given up all hope of sending the Steelers packing and have been sitting here quietly praying for a tie in the Dolts/Titans game.

ESPN already has LAC at Balt for Sunday 1:00 game. So Indy/Houston will be Saturday. The other 3 games don't have announced time yet, but I'd bet anything Cowboys on Saturday night.

Game will be 1PM Sunday

I'm going against conventional wisdom and picking the Ravens. Rookie QB in a 1 dimensional offense. Plus it would be a pleasure to knock these whiny b*tches out of the playoffs.

Texans offense is actually surprisingly mediocre. Their defensive line could give us a lot of problems, however. The Chargers have a lot of weapons on offense but can't seem to put it together - and their defense also has a lot of studs. The Ravens offense on paper is the worst, but it's probably the best against us since our run defense is undisputably below par, compared to our secondary. The Ravens defense - again - probably has less stars, but would play the strongest against us.

I'd prefer the Texans (we could probably shut down Hopkins), then Chargers, then Ravens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes