Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Stidham

Votes: 118 76.6%
  • Ray Lewis killed a guy

Votes: 29 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This season is going nowhere for the Patriots and probably for the NFL altogether, so might as well give Stidham some practical experience and find out what he has to offer.

How did we go into this season with these choices ? We have always had at least one back up that is servicable. This year neither of these options excite me. As someone else pointed out, Edelman would be a great choice. ;)
Because Bill did not draft anyone decent since Jimmy/Brissett. 3 drafts and zippo.

Because Bill did not draft anyone decent since Jimmy/Brissett. 3 drafts and zippo.

Brady forced Bill to trade away Jimmy G because he wanted to show everyone he could play until 45. Also, remember when Brady had Jimmy G locked out of the TB12 facility?

It's a complex question. Hoyer's lack of situational awareness was to startling to see and it was probably the last thing I expected from him.
I simply don't see the value of having him on the team based on what he did on the field in KC. Yes, he had virtually no prep leading up to the game, but his decision making, was that of a Division 3 walk on. I could accept the hospital balls but his inability to understand the the context of where the team was at in both his red zone turnovers, was not a a level expected of a QB who has been in the league for a decade. I've always liked Hoyer but Johnny Foxboro would have made better decisions.
Stid is young and green and miles ahead of Hoyer in terms of ability. Hopefully, with a week of prep and not playing from behind, he won't be so cavalier with the football. If he is, then he has no future here. Ball security is one of Bills' fundamental tenants of offensive football. If you are making bad decisions and are turning the ball over, you have no place on the Patriots roster.

Call me crazy, but I say Hoyster. I think he made all the mistakes he will for the rest of the year. I'd rather play it safe....run the ball, no turnovers, and play D. Even if Lock plays...there's only Jerry Juedy and Tim Patrick to throw to for the Broncos....and we would need to key on MG3. On offense, Hoyster would only need to account for where Chubb is....and run away from that area...although Wynn/Oweneu/Thuney are on that side...

I would bring Stiddy in if we fell behind and the offense was stuck in the mud only kicking figgies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes