Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Not confident at all - Rams win easily

Votes: 8 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tuck Rule was an accurate call.

The blow call(s) vs NO were missed ones.

The 01 NEP deserved to be there.

The 2018 Rams? Questionable.

A lot of people - Raider fans for obvious reasons but other fans too- said the 01 Pats didn’t deserve to be there.

I believe Brady did fumble but was saved on a technicality by a poorly written rule. They still deserved to move on as they took it from the Raiders, it wasn’t given to them by that call.

Last edited:
A lot of people - Raider fans for obvious reasons but other fans too- said the 01 Pats didn’t deserve to be there.

I believe Brady did fumble but was saved on a technicality by a poorly written rule. They still deserved to move on as they took it from the Raiders, it wasn’t given to them by that call.
You can't have it both ways though. Based on the rule, poorly written or not, he in fact did not fumble.

I remember hearing someone talk to him during Super Bowl week where he made it clear he had no idea why he was benched or what they were doing. I just got the feeling that something wasn’t right and we found out it was around Butler.
The Patriots are not known to tell players why they are being benched. They expect them to be smart enough to figure it out on their own.

Its irrelevant what you, I or Raiduh fans think.

Poorly written rule or not, it was a rule and they applied it appropriately...just as they had all throughout the 01 season.

Its irrelevant what you, I or Raiduh fans think.

Poorly written rule or not, it was a rule and they applied it appropriately...just as they had all throughout the 01 season.

What I find ironic here is that, Raider fans are over here telling Saints fans to "get over it", referring to the blown DPI call. I mean if this isn't ironic, I don't know what us .

Madden simulator is out. And it has us losing to the Rams ‍♂️
What's the simulator's record vs game results?

Edit: never mind, I found the answer: 10-5. Meh.

Last edited:
What I find ironic here is that, Raider fans are over here telling Saints fans to "get over it", referring to the blown DPI call. I mean if this isn't ironic, I don't know what us .
I believe they call that hypocrisy

So, as we get closer, I am starting to have a little anxiety about this. Talk me off the ledge. No one in the local media is giving the Rams a snowball's chance in hell. I can't rememeber a more one sided pre-hype since 2007. No one gave the Giants a chance. No one gave the Pats a chance against the Rams the first time around. We know how those turned out. I have talked myself into believing that the Rams are going to win. I can go to the X's and O's thread and feel a little better, but overall, I am just wishing it was Sunday already.

It's only eff'n Wednesday.

So, as we get closer, I am starting to have a little anxiety about this. Talk me off the ledge. No one in the local media is giving the Rams a snowball's chance in hell. I can't rememeber a more one sided pre-hype since 2007.

You don't think last year's SB had more one-sided hype? I felt like nobody was giving Philly a chance last year. And the vegas spread was higher.

You don't think last year's SB had more one-sided hype? I felt like nobody was giving Philly a chance last year. And the vegas spread was higher.
I remember thinking that the RPO would be a problem, but that the Pats would handle it.

If we do end up winning, I hope the fans who are there boo the HELL out of Goodell. That was priceless 2 years ago

The only ones who can beat the Patriots are the Patriots themselves.

I think the AFCCG in KC was a much tougher game.

The only ones who can beat the Patriots are the Patriots themselves.

I think the AFCCG in KC was a much tougher game.
Well... The giant's plan was to dial up the pressure on Brady on the inside and it worked twice. Every team that faces us tries to emulate that. A rams win would mean

1. They got off to a fast start(see SB 48) or
2. Gurley goes off and Goff makes the big throws or
3. Gurley is contained but Goff has a huge game similar to Foles last year.
4. Rams continuously get inside pressure which did not happen against the Chiefs or Chargers who both have athletes on their pass rush.

Well... The giant's plan was to dial up the pressure on Brady on the inside and it worked twice. Every team that faces us tries to emulate that. A rams win would mean

1. They got off to a fast start(see SB 48) or
2. Gurley goes off and Goff makes the big throws or
3. Gurley is contained but Goff has a huge game similar to Foles last year.
4. Rams continuously get inside pressure which did not happen against the Chiefs or Chargers who both have athletes on their pass rush.

I have a hard time seeing 3 happening. I agree that any two, or all three, of options 1, 2 and 4 are needed for the Rams to win. 2 is the one that makes me most nervous given the weirdness surrounding Gurley in the NFC finals.

I chose neutral. It feels similar to last year. Lots of people assuming a NE win, but they’re facing a pretty tough team. Fingers crossed.

I have a hard time seeing 3 happening. I agree that any two, or all three, of options 1, 2 and 4 are needed for the Rams to win. 2 is the one that makes me most nervous given the weirdness surrounding Gurley in the NFC finals.
We held our own in SB 49 against Marshawn Lynch but what keeps me up at night is that Gurley is actually taller and bigger than Lynch. Gurley is 6'1 220 and Lynch is 5'11 and 210

I chose neutral. It feels similar to last year. Lots of people assuming a NE win, but they’re facing a pretty tough team. Fingers crossed.
I could see us winning but I could also see us losing. I was way too overconfident last year and I wont make the same mistake again.

My view on preparation is pats should have advantage. But this confidence can become overconfidence . Hopefully pats learned from previous 2 games how to come out ready and aggressive. Just do that and try to intimidate Rams simply by looking comfortable ... Like youve been there which you have.

Then it's game plan execution by coaching staff. Transferred to players. 60 minutes. Chess game. Have some balls .make the calls.

Resulting in cautious confidence they can pull this off. Starts with defense. Make some plays. Make Goff make mistakes. Get him uncomfortable. Have some fun playing well in the big game. That's your pats defense... Very good against Rivers and mahomes. Still room for improvement. But it seems ready for a final performance . We shall see.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe